Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

This link sends me to the retail page

as I mentioned, look for the response in the reviews (mens Epic React) and look for the title I mentioned above. It's all there. Nike has wholeheartedly acknowledged the issue. One of the reasons you can't get the shoe right is because of this, they are redesigning the inside not to do this is what I was told. If you have the issue I wouldn't keep the shoe, I'd recommend returning, and waiting for the next wave to be shipped FROM Nike. That should correct the issue. Anything I have bought from FInishline has this issue, all 3 pairs. It's no coincidence they are the only retailer who had them when Nike ran out and that they are the retailer selling me all the first run shoes with issues.

Last edited:
as I mentioned, look for the response in the reviews (mens Epic React) and look for the title I mentioned above. It's all there. Nike has wholeheartedly acknowledged the issue. One of the reasons you can't get the shoe right is because of this, they are redesigning the inside not to do this is what I was told. If you have the issue I wouldn't keep the shoe, I'd recommend returning, and waiting for the next wave to be shipped FROM Nike. That should correct the issue. Anything I have bought from FInishline has this issue, all 3 pairs. It's no coincidence they are the only retailer who had them when Nike ran out and that they are the retailer selling me all the first run shoes with issues.

Yup. My pair and my friends pair were both purchased from Finishline and they both have the annoying popping sound. Definitely returning mine until they can get it sorted out.

I have 2 pairs from Nike (black and wolf grey) and neither have a popping issue. I'll be returning the blacks because of messy glue though.

Had a popping noise issue on the new triple black Flyknit Trainers though. That was on a back heel.

Last edited:
I have 2 pairs from Nike (black and wolf grey) and neither have a popping issue. I'll be returning the blacks because of messy glue though.

You may be lucky, or the issue may reveal itself later on. Sweat them in really good and see if you have the issue. You can also visually see what I mentioned about the white lining under the footbed being delaminated from the React Foam towards the front of the shoe. This is where the issue occurs. Hopefully you don't have to deal with it, some of them might be just fine. But I have bought a total of 5 pairs, 3 of which popped and make noise, all 5 of which have the lining delaminated or wrinkled up or with some sort issue up by the forefoot. And the two that didn't make the noise didn't make the noise because they weren't worn long due to all the other ones having issues.

Just buyer beware with this shoe. It has issues, Nike has admitted it (a good thing) and the shoe is $150. Far too expensive to have these kinds of issues

Anyone have issues from their pair from ****'s? I have them DS, and not sure if I should return them just to be safe

I finally saw the react today at finish line. Pink heel joints. Honestly it doesn't look like a $150 shoe Gonna have to pass at retail.

Last edited:
Ya'll got me worried about my pairs now.. :smh:

I'll be honest, I didn't try it on buy but when I picked up it from the wall shelf the materials looked like something sketchers will use. Like honestly if they didn't have the Nike logo /branding I would have thought these were sketchers or Reebok's.

Gonna have to pass, the new ultraboost looked good though.

You can also visually see what I mentioned about the white lining under the footbed being delaminated from the React Foam towards the front of the shoe. This is where the issue occurs. Hopefully you don't have to deal with it, some of them might be just fine. But I have bought a total of 5 pairs, 3 of which popped and make noise, all 5 of which have the lining delaminated or wrinkled up or with some sort issue up by the forefoot. And the two that didn't make the noise didn't make the noise because they weren't worn long due to all the other ones having issues.

Just buyer beware with this shoe. It has issues, Nike has admitted it (a good thing) and the shoe is $150. Far too expensive to have these kinds of issues

Checked all my pairs and see what you’re talking about. The lining is loose from the sole in the middle area of the foot for me. The lining on my Navy pair (worn most) is pretty wrinkled, but I haven’t experienced any popping.

I guess moisture from sweating combined with those air pockets causes that problem? Pretty big oversight by Nike for a new model that’s undergone testing..

I'll be honest, I didn't try it on buy but when I picked up it from the wall shelf the materials looked like something sketchers will use. Like honestly if they didn't have the Nike logo /branding I would have thought these were sketchers or Reebok's.

Gonna have to pass, the new ultraboost looked good though.

He wasn’t talking about the looks or materials.

You may be lucky, or the issue may reveal itself later on. Sweat them in really good and see if you have the issue. You can also visually see what I mentioned about the white lining under the footbed being delaminated from the React Foam towards the front of the shoe. This is where the issue occurs. Hopefully you don't have to deal with it, some of them might be just fine. But I have bought a total of 5 pairs, 3 of which popped and make noise, all 5 of which have the lining delaminated or wrinkled up or with some sort issue up by the forefoot. And the two that didn't make the noise didn't make the noise because they weren't worn long due to all the other ones having issues.

Where did Nike admit this? And what’s happening again? White lining separating? I’m not following. Is this on the outside of the shoe or the inside?

He wasn’t talking about the looks or materials.

sorry i didn't read through the whole last 2 pages, before i posted. my bad.

but still i know how a $150 nike should feel like once you grab it off the wall shelf. this just doesn't scream $150 and buy me at retail. Looking at it from an aesthetic perspective.

Reactions: ARK
Ok. I haven’t worn mine yet but I have the white fusion pair from the very first early unlocked release. Does anyone know if that batch was affected?

I also have that pair, but copped on the restock for these and I can feel air pockets on the lining. More than likely the same batch as the initial release? Haven’t worn them yet, but I’m not completely sold that this is what’s causing the popping

sorry i didn't read through the whole last 2 pages, before i posted. my bad.

but still i know how a $150 nike should feel like once you grab it off the wall shelf. this just doesn't scream $150 and buy me at retail. Looking at it from an aesthetic perspective.
You don't like flyknit. We get it. It's not leather or suede but I personally love it and think the shoe is a deal at $150.

You don't like flyknit. We get it. It's not leather or suede but I personally love it and think the shoe is a deal at $150.

what you mean i love flyknit material. My whole current rotation is filled with flyknits from lebron 15 to Flyknit racers.
lebrons 15 not pictured.
the_prince_of_zamunda89_24327467_2016658618615304_8806605401341558784_n (1).jpg
What bothers me was the heel cup material just looked off for me some reason, im just nit picking.

what you mean i love flyknit material. My whole current rotation is filled with flyknits from lebron 15 to Flyknit racers.
lebrons 15 not pictured.
What bothers me was the heel cup material just looked off for me some reason, im just nit picking.

Only thing that matters about a performance running shoe is how it performs.

Where did Nike admit this? And what’s happening again? White lining separating? I’m not following. Is this on the outside of the shoe or the inside?
In the Nike reviews on the product page for the Reacts there’s a response about a review from a Nike rep bout the popping noise saying take them back to the retailer you purchased them from.

Reactions: ARK
In the Nike reviews on the product page for the Reacts there’s a response about a review from a Nike rep bout the popping noise saying take them back to the retailer you purchased them from.

Ok thanks for the clarification. Yeah I have the white fusion pair that was unlocked on Nikes site in early February.

People need to refer to page 84, my post on the defect before you rush to judgement on what is being said. If you have a pair of these you at least need to understand what is going on, and if you don't have the popping noise, you at least understand it could surface if you decide to keep the shoe and not wait until the second run.

PAGE 84 OF THIS THREAD DETAILS DEFECT ISSUE

Back
Top Bottom