Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

To be fair, if your pair pops, it's more than barely noticeable. It's really loud. I'm a Nike fanboy and still love the shoe, but saying it's barely noticeable is just wrong. Everyone within 50 feet of you notices it. Thankfully it sounds like it's been corrected and won't be an issue moving forward.
50’?! Oh wow. That’s a “pop” and a half.. not just a squeak or something

50’?! Oh wow. That’s a “pop” and a half.. not just a squeak or something

It's definitely a loud pop with every step. Went to Walmart the other day and had mad people looking at me as I passed by. I've been wearing them without the insoles the last few days and the popping has since stopped.

It honestly just sounds like you're stepping on a huge single bubble on a piece of bubble wrap. I experienced it the first night I wore them but it went away after that. After that I wore the shoe heavily for a weekend trip + comic con and never heard it then. I'm scared it could come back though. Also scared that I just bought another pair off eBay using that 20% coupon, and I don't think returning to them will be that easy.

I wonder if anyone has tried baby powder to fix the problem? Always read that worked for popping/squeaking on other shoes

Probably just tape that liner down myself if mine start popping though

To be fair, if your pair pops, it's more than barely noticeable. It's really loud. I'm a Nike fanboy and still love the shoe, but saying it's barely noticeable is just wrong. Everyone within 50 feet of you notices it. Thankfully it sounds like it's been corrected and won't be an issue moving forward.

This^. No one here is taking the time to come to a forum and complain for a shoe they love and don't want let go of for no reason. They're doing it for the benefit of others in this thread who are questioning what is going on with the shoe.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Everyone in this thread is too busy wearing their pair and enjoying them to come in here and defend the shoe about something barely noticeable. For real. Was wondering why this thread jumped. Laughed a bit.

Rationalize much?

If your shoe isn't doing it all the power to you. It's far from barely noticeable. Which is why people are here discussing it providing information for the benefit of those who want to know why a shoe they love is causing them to become a spectacle every time they wear them in public.

I wonder if anyone has tried baby powder to fix the problem? Always read that worked for popping/squeaking on other shoes

Probably just tape that liner down myself if mine start popping though

I thought about fixing it myself too, but then came to my senses because I spent $150 on the shoe and dangit they are going to get it right for that price. But...If I were to fix it I wouldn't do powder because over time it would get gross, and I wouldn't try and glue it unless I could find an awesome shoe adhesive that can take the abuse. I would just put a relief cut in the white part with a razor blade in the area where the bubble is. Like a long relief cut, gently up the midsole. I think this would give the air more places to exit, but then you would have floppy pieces of fabric in there, and as you run could cause an issue. Maybe not, but I am somewhat convinced that would take care of the issue.

I thought about fixing it myself too, but then came to my senses because I spent $150 on the shoe and dangit they are going to get it right for that price. But...If I were to fix it I wouldn't do powder because over time it would get gross, and I wouldn't try and glue it unless I could find an awesome shoe adhesive that can take the abuse. I would just put a relief cut in the white part with a razor blade in the area where the bubble is. Like a long relief cut, gently up the midsole. I think this would give the air more places to exit, but then you would have floppy pieces of fabric in there, and as you run could cause an issue. Maybe not, but I am somewhat convinced that would take care of the issue.

Agreed. I tried the baby powder and 4 different insoles and the popping comes back. Removing the insole was the only thing that stopped the popping.

Ok, I broke down and put a relief cut in the fabric in my right shoe. I will report back later in the day how it's working. I am still going to return mine (assuming they don't notice) and wait for the second run regardless, but figured I would do it for those who want to avoid the hassle or hold on to the shoe. I think it will work, but this issue is so wacky anything is possible.

I wanna hear this popping lol. Somebody post a video already

I'd also like to hear this popping sound, cant seem to find anyone with an actual video of it online. I bought two pairs, Navy from FNL and Black/White from Dicks both size 8.5, and haven't experienced this popping sound on either pair. I've been wearing them alot over the last few weeks too and no popping sounds. Maybe only certain sizes or batches are experiencing the issue?

I'm sure happy I'm not though cause I love these things. I'm ready for more colorways already.

I guess y’all have never worn vapormax before lol. On certain surfaces, it sounds horrible but we don’t complain about it non stop in the vapor threads lol

AE279233-FCBD-4EB8-BEFE-8BA5D514DFED.jpeg

Pair for my wife’s bday.. she loved to run in the Lunar Eclipse so hopefully these will be similar. Yet to buy a pair for myself, but that black/elephant print pair has my attention

I guess y’all have never worn vapormax before lol. On certain surfaces, it sounds horrible but we don’t complain about it non stop in the vapor threads lol

Yeah. UBs with the Continental outsole can be pretty bad sometimes too. Sounds like I’m walking on a flock of baby geese with all that squeaking :lol:

But I just want someone to post an actual video of the popping sound to see what’s up with it. Wanna hear it for myself.

It's not a crunching like the VM. It's a singular very loud pop. If you haven't heard it, don't judge people that have for talking about it.

AE279233-FCBD-4EB8-BEFE-8BA5D514DFED.jpeg

Pair for my wife’s bday.. she loved to run in the Lunar Eclipse so hopefully these will be similar. Yet to buy a pair for myself, but that black/elephant print pair has my attention

Elephant print pair were customs! Don’t get to excited lol we need more CWs already

I walked in target out of the rain last night and my vapormax were so loud literally everyone was looking at me like wtf lol. One thing that sucks about those.

Back
Top Bottom