Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

I'm ready for this L on SNKRS. I really hope I do get through for the black pair.

As said, I dug these out of the closet, they were buried DEEP :lol:

invi.jpg
inv.jpg
Repped :smokin

I’m cool with translucent upper.

I’m not about to up my sock game to rock them tho :lol:

I'm ready for this L on SNKRS. I really hope I do get through for the black pair.

As said, I dug these out of the closet, they were buried DEEP :lol:

invi.jpg
inv.jpg
I remember people used to wear this sockless in the summer and it would fog up from the foot sauna sweat...

dont get it twisted this shoe is mad cheap to construct, thin lightweight upper, no leather, no premium materials, theres no air unit, pods not much asided from the react sole...which is also dirt cheap to manufacture (cost of production vs a vapor max sole is probably waaaaaaaay cheaper)

they capitalizing off "the ten" hype created with see-through uppers (granted its been done many times before but the timing and marketing this go round really hit) to sell a relatively cheap shoe to manufacture at high price point.

they gonna mass produce the F outta these, the profit margin is high.

they just playing with hype right now, the early EUR releases have been a real hype monger for them here in the US recently.

nike already has 3 or 4 models out now using that same translucent material, don't over pay for these nike is going to use the material alot this and next year watch, we might even see it make its way over to Nike Basketball :nerd:

If i strike out friday, those black/white zoom fly sp's will supplement perfectly and no sleep will be lost

dont get it twisted this shoe is mad cheap to construct, thin lightweight upper, no leather, no premium materials, theres no air unit, pods not much asided from the react sole...which is also dirt cheap to manufacture (cost of production vs a vapor max sole is probably waaaaaaaay cheaper)

they capitalizing off "the ten" hype created with see-through uppers (granted its been done many times before but the timing and marketing this go round really hit) to sell a relatively cheap shoe to manufacture at high price point.

they just playing with hype right now, the early EUR releases have been a real hype monger for them here in the US recently.

nike already has 3 or 4 models out now using that same translucent material, don't over pay for these nike is going to use the material alot this and next year watch, we might even see it make its way over to Nike Basketball :nerd:

If i strike out friday, those black/white zoom fly sp's will supplement perfectly and no sleep will be lost

I mean, you can't blame Nike for resell prices and hype. They are selling these for $160. That's not some crazy price for the shoes. You can say the same thing about Yeezys, Off White's, ect. Companies make a profit but they don't benefit from resell outside of it meaning there is a demand for the shoes.

It's not like the markup on these is any crazier than the usual markup Nike charges for all their shoes, which are all made cheaply. $160 isn't even that high of a price-point these days.

One of the things Nike is fantastic at manufacturing is 'Hype' itself. They lost their mo-jo just a little back when Adi seemed to be taking a page out of their 'limited playbook', but Nike seems to have their game back. Cost of materials, cost to produce, don't matter. What matters is how well they produce hype. They seem to be doing a good job with the Element 87s and React in general (the Epic Reacts move very well in stores in my area). Was in two Nike Factory stores this past July 4th holiday week. Would have thought they were giving stuff away or it was the week before Christmas, and that's outlet quality stuff, old models, etc.

Last edited:
I dont even know my true size anymore. I wear 10.5 in airmax97 size 10 in air forces. I keep seeing they run big and some saying the run small

^ your right about the hype wars, collabs have helped nike shift the tide back in their favor as of late

$160 for a shoe with no air bubble and a paper thin upper is alot to me....but you gotta understand im from the old school I remember paying $100 retail for cement IV's in 99........you basically paying $160 for the design of the shoe, which is fine I dont mind its a great design just make it available.

Unfortunately, there’s waaaaaay more that goes into the final price of a shoe other than raw material and production costs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom