Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Free Run 3 was the shoe of all shoe at undergrad gyms. Ran hundreds of miles in those as well. Bright orange color way was my favorite Nike runner of all time.

0119d07928f94a125ad398f4eea31ea0.jpg
Allllllllllllllllllll the miles!

Free Run 3 was the shoe of all shoe at undergrad gyms. Ran hundreds of miles in those as well. Bright orange color way was my favorite Nike runner of all time.

Great shoes haha. Really are the most versatile gym shoe though. Lift, run, jump, anything. Nike started to make them their garbage line by year 6-7 or so.

we all fell for the marketing though to be fair there were a lot of research saying running barefoot made you stronger
There is some truth to that but the joint damage wasn’t a plus :lol: had to have a very specific foot strike to make these work for you. As a heel striker, they worked as intended. Would I wear them now 10 years later? Hell no :lol:

I remember scoring a PR (at the time) for a HM in FR2s at 1:36. I had no issues. They’ve converted to casual duties since. The Free Run period was the golden age for the Free line.

The early Free Flyknit gens were great too!

man i still love free's. Nike needs to bring them back without having the bottoms look so rounded and strange looking

just retro them and use react rubber this time around
Dude...... that’s not a bad idea. Free run 2 was a beautiful shoe.

they also need to use better glue on the black rubber on the bottom. They fall out after a while.

For my feet, I can’t handle many max comfort shoes. They’re too bouncy for me and make my feet sore. I have to run in racers almost al the time. The OG free line worked well for me. 3.0 worked well too. Remember having the fuel 3.0’s with the rainbow pull tab haha

Last edited:
I had so many over the years and loved them as gym shoes. I still have 2 pairs of free trainer 3.0 v4s that i refuse to get rid of :lol:
But free run 2s...i had the livestrong editions that i loved and put tons of miles in. I also had old free trainers that had that velcro strap over the forefoot....loved them as well.

With their minimal heal to toe drop and comfort i would run in them...deadlift in them...do HIIT in them...box jumps...oly lifts for that type of movement they were worlds better then metcons

I had so many over the years and loved them as gym shoes. I still have 2 pairs of free trainer 3.0 v4s that i refuse to get rid of :lol:
But free run 2s...i had the livestrong editions that i loved and put tons of miles in. I also had old free trainers that had that velcro strap over the forefoot....loved them as well.

With their minimal heal to toe drop and comfort i would run in them...deadlift in them...do HIIT in them...box jumps...oly lifts.
OG free line will always get love from me haha. Even had the hyper ko trainer for boxing. Actually still use them

I love this pair and this colorway so much. Just last month I finally threw out the 1 pair I had from 2021 that I got on disco when I worked at Niketown New York. Man I wish I had bout 3 or 4 pairs and just stashed em. Classics.

Back
Top Bottom