Nike Retro Quality versus Jordan Quality

As we all know the quality of Jordan has greatly decreased over the past few years. Im curious to see if everybody thinks the same of the nike retros such asthe foams and other retros. How do the original nikes compare to the new retros in terms of quality.

Jordan Brand and Nike have the same low quality on almost all retros. Nike's premium line is closer to the quality they used to have on general releasesback in the 80s and 90s.

IMO

Air Max = most comfortable running shoe ever created.
2009 retro (safety orange) = most uncomfortable recreation of most comfortable running shoe ever created.

yeah i think overall the quality of the premium line nike retros are better than the jordans. especially the cdp molds

Yeah, the 95s this year were horrible.

But the Foam and Griffey quality was nice.

Nike Retro quality>>Jordan Retro quality

It's not really a simple answer.

Brand Jordan's quality has generally slipped yes, but it's been a gradual decline since the XIII was released.

Even back in the day, some of the Jordans made before Brand Jordan became a 'separate company' weren't particularly good quality.

As for Nike. It varies. Recent 95s are a shadow of the shoe they're meant to represent.

It's not all bad though. The Zoom Air in the Zoom Flight 96 Retro is much improved over the OGs,
and (IMO) the Air Max2 CBs from this year was actually well made.

Edit: I also forgot to add: The Air Max2 CB was $135 + Tax in 1994. This year it was $120 + Tax

If Nike can reproduce that shoe decently for the same cost or less, 15 years later,
How come JB are turning out poor quality reproductions of shoes
that were better quality 10-15 years ago, and at prices much higher than they were originally?

All i can think of is greed.

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

IMO

Air Max = most comfortable running shoe ever created.
2009 retro (safety orange) = most uncomfortable recreation of most comfortable running shoe ever created.

Nike retro quality isn't great but Jordan quality is terrible.

Nike does cut corners; Jordan just cuts the already cut corners.

Retro's on the Penny IIs and the Pippen's were great though. I've been wearing them and ballin in them and they've been great.

To get a premium retro it seems like you have to pay over $150, like with the Uptempo's and Pippen's.

Kicks you thought Nike would care about, like their signature series are butchered(Agassi's & Bo's).

Originally Posted by briannnnn

co-sign

Originally Posted by Magic1978

To get a premium retro it seems like you have to pay over $150, like with the Uptempo's and Pippen's.

Kicks you thought Nike would care about, like their signature series are butchered(Agassi's & Bo's).

I def agree with this

Originally Posted by Magic1978

QF - MF - T

Originally Posted by briannnnn

QFT

nike quality owns jb quality. that is why i have not bought any jb releases in forever. its just not the same. i dont get how nike can make it somewhat decentbut jb just takes it straight down the landfill. haha.

Originally Posted by asmathews

nike quality>jordan quality
co-sign. end of thread. jordan brand is a joke in all aspects now.

Originally Posted by brokensound1

All retros and Jordans are basura now. My fire 3 retro mid-sole crack after two days of walking.

1) The first part of your comment is a sweeping statement, the quality on *some* Nike Retro shoes is decent.
2) It's more likely the paint cracked, not the midsole itself.

The Nike Premium line is pretty good quality and seem to be really similar to the original mold from the 1 I have compared. I saw that space jam retrotoday.....
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom