Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

RETRO em
smokin.gif

Make all of these snobby kids cry for days
laugh.gif
this.

x2

I hope this is true but it doesn't really make a diference, what they need to do is better colorways and original ideas

Contrary to my sig, I don't really buy sb's that often, I have a couple tho...

Anyway, yall acting like cats in the jb forum don't get upset when certain shoes re-release

At some point, everyone has felt that way about atleast one shoe

Just depends on how you handle it

I hope they do retro sb's so I can snag some of the other ogs I want at a cheaper price

Speaking of elitists...alot of yall are acting elitist thinking that yall's opinion hholds more weight than others

Dude doesn't want them to retro...So what?

Let em live

Damn yo I feel lost. I had no idea sb's didn't have the fat tongue anymore. Wouldn't that just make them like any other dunk? Yall dudes is slaying me though coming through on that elitist tip calling these kids snobs for not wanting them to retro. I remember when I first got on here and all the old heads was bugging cause JB was starting to retro everything. Truthfully though as much as I would like to snag some of those older pairs I don't have, I know they gonna be buns. What I liked about sb's was their quality materials and im absolutely sure that will never return. 

Why would you be more upset if they retro a pair of OG shoes you own.
Im sure strolling to the store on release date with your OG pair on will boost your ego more than having it collect dust in your closests anyways.

Never understood the hype and hoopla for SBs...

No big deal, just as long as the beasts stick to Skytops and Vans I can keep grabbing SBs for cheap. And yes there has been a bunch of clean colorways except there is no collab stuck on them or cute nickname to drive up the price/hype.

i didnt even know they didnt have fat tongues ne more but im glad theyll bring em back they need to just step up the colorways or retro some of the older ones i havent bought a pair of dunk sb's in a hot minute:.

Meh, big whoop. The tongue doesn't matter so much if the colorway is on point, i.e. Bucks & Homers, both slim tongue, both dope.

agree with you SenorDragon x 1000.

slim tongue dunks crease a lot less too.. atleast for me it does.

fat tongue does look better on a skate shoe though.

as for retro-ing sure do it! all my OGs bought for retail at the local skate store are getting beat...

It's been a looooong time since i've checked out any SBs myself, but the title of this thread got me curious.

I remember a time when people HATED their fat tongues because it made the laces look funny when wearing them loose.

There were threads showing how people performed "sneaker surgery" to pull out the big fat block of foam from the tongues on dunks by making a small incision at the underside base of the tongue .  I think people used to cut off the tongue straps too.

I'm surprised that they're bringing them back again;  maybe they won't be as thick.

And on the topic of retroing the older SBs:  I think this is a BAD idea, and will destroy what little cred and respect the SB brand still holds.

im not to sure how i feel about them. i too havent bought any in a while. if they retro, maybe.

if retro sbs came into play, they'd probably drop some different colorways instead. some green medicoms or something.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by ninjahood

da hype's beeeeen gone for SB's...all they gotta do now is retro da prior editions if they wanna light up some spark in they step.

yea..

what year was that again? 07?

Dunks skinny jeans, and I love NY shirt rah?
sick.gif

More like '04. Heinekens, Supremes, all that.
pimp.gif

who cares about fat tongues?
people u buy sbs dont skate... well most dont...
get some hot colorways instead!
shoot paris sbs had a thin tongue... would you complain if those were a GR?

Originally Posted by unsportsmanlike

People wouldn't BUY the Paris' if they were a GR. Period.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by unsportsmanlike

People wouldn't BUY the Paris' if they were a GR. Period.
But I know I would.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SenorDragon

Meh, big whoop. The tongue doesn't matter so much if the colorway is on point, i.e. Bucks & Homers, both slim tongue, both dope.
I'm 99% sure the Bucks had a fat tongue. 

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

Originally Posted by SenorDragon

I'm 99% sure the Bucks had a fat tongue. 
Nah, Bucks' tongue was neither fat nor skinny

Finally with the return of the fat tongue hopefully we see some quality sb's all the recent drops have been pretty disappointing minus the gucci sb's

Back
Top Bottom