Nike SB x Jordan IV? - 2023

im willing to bet the greens wont match comparing real to fake, and the rubber wings colors wont match either, typical rep stuff.
ill have a better idea when i get my pair in from goat and i have my friend take them into work and run them through their AI and compare them to some shoes theyve flagged (if any have come through)

I missed the days when the authentics had the mesh angle aligned with the wings, and fakes were parallel to the midsole; very easy tell. In the pics above the authentic isn't even parallel, while the fakes are more so, unless it's just the pic angle. Green shade is very diff at least. I consider myself a 4s expert, however, at a glance, without a side by side reference, these could be tough.

Man, the mesh used to be the easy tell from a mile away. Luckily it looks like Jordan is getting back to the OG style mesh and the fakes haven't caught up yet.

Kickwho is working on a proper rep right now. Will be interesting to see.
Don’t believe the marketing. Kickwho doesn’t make anything. They’re a middle man. Just like all the “well known” names. Anyone claiming to be a factory with a social media presence is just a middle man. Kickwho included. They just sell the lie better so they can charge more.

im willing to bet the greens wont match comparing real to fake, and the rubber wings colors wont match either, typical rep stuff.
ill have a better idea when i get my pair in from goat and i have my friend take them into work and run them through their AI and compare them to some shoes theyve flagged (if any have come through)
Hold up, your mans got Chat GPT doing legit checks now?

Skynet finna have all Stock X employees crying in the parking lot like that one NTer that couldn’t hack it there

Damn, where your friend work at? I assume from the way you've worded it that he actually needs to have the shoe in hand to scan and not just go based off of photos?

Side by side is very easy to tell at the moment between reps and real, but I should probably pull the trigger on resell soon before the rep makers catch up and fix the flaws.

Damn, where your friend work at? I assume from the way you've worded it that he actually needs to have the shoe in hand to scan and not just go based off of photos?

Side by side is very easy to tell at the moment between reps and real, but I should probably pull the trigger on resell soon before the rep makers catch up and fix the flaws.
That’s why I wasn’t waiting. I’ll take mine to my nearest resell store and get em legit checc

I don’t think I can actually say. But he works for a large well known platform that acquired a company that authenticate shoes. That company developed AI that scans things like footbed stitching to pin point what factory a shoe was made in.

Don’t believe the marketing. Kickwho doesn’t make anything. They’re a middle man. Just like all the “well known” names. Anyone claiming to be a factory with a social media presence is just a middle man. Kickwho included. They just sell the lie better so they can charge more.

Kickwho, uabat, and a few others actually do run their own small factories and produce their own batches. But yes, majority of the middlemen are just that, middlemen.

All the platforms have some form of this tech but many of them won’t use it on anything under a certain dollar amount because it’s a bottle neck.
Damn, I didn’t know that

Too bad on the price point restriction though

Was gonna mail these to you to give to your homeboy to check out…
Ew384n3VkAAEghD.jpg

Kickwho, uabat, and a few others actually do run their own small factories and produce their own batches. But yes, majority of the middlemen are just that, middlemen.

Kickwho and uabat have been confirmed to sell h12 and LJR as their own shoes. It’s all lies, scamming, and marketing so they can charge more for “better” fake stuff

All the platforms have some form of this tech but many of them won’t use it on anything under a certain dollar amount because it’s a bottle neck.
Resell really isn't popping on these too much so I'm sure goat/ebay/sx wouldn't use the tech. I figured it must be a longer process to scan all the different parts just to totally authenticate. That's a shame though since it'll be great if all secondary platforms used it for things coming through.

Would you say Legit app and check check are decent sources for LC'ing shoes? I know they only go based on photos (well check check at least, I've never used Legit app), but figure that's an added thing I mostly use after things get verified through goat or sx just to be safe. Haven't used sx personally since like 2021. I mostly order through goat now but I'm typically using those free 3 credits on check check to verify my purchases.

Resell really isn't popping on these too much so I'm sure goat/ebay/sx wouldn't use the tech. I figured it must be a longer process to scan all the different parts just to totally authenticate. That's a shame though since it'll be great if all secondary platforms used it for things coming through.

Would you say Legit app and check check are decent sources for LC'ing shoes? I know they only go based on photos (well check check at least, I've never used Legit app), but figure that's an added thing I mostly use after things get verified through goat or sx just to be safe. Haven't used sx personally since like 2021. I mostly order through goat now but I'm typically using those free 3 credits on check check to verify my purchases.

My friend has repeatedly praised the tech that legit app uses. He says they put more money into their tech than any platform. So when I don’t have access to him, I use legit app. Hasn’t steered me wrong yet.

It also helps that I’ve seen almost every shoe I own next to the most current “best” batches of reps at the time so my expectations are conditioned differently.

I know we all get worried about receiving reps but sometimes I think some people get too paranoid, especially when shoes just get released. When shoes just release the reps never get it right bc there's always something slightly off (shape, color, etc.). Furthermore just to get reps to the states takes a minimum of 2-3weeks in shipping, that doesn't even account for the time to get payment and pictures from the seller before they ship them out. I get more worried down the line bc reps now begin to get into circulation in the market and factories begin to correct the flaws they had in previous batches.

I know we all get worried about receiving reps but sometimes I think some people get too paranoid, especially when shoes just get released. When shoes just release the reps never get it right bc there's always something slightly off (shape, color, etc.). Furthermore just to get reps to the states takes a minimum of 2-3weeks in shipping, that doesn't even account for the time to get payment and pictures from the seller before they ship them out. I get more worried down the line bc reps now begin to get into circulation in the market and factories begin to correct the flaws they had in previous batches.

Here’s the thing, most reps don’t get better. They’re generally as good as they’re going to get or atleast 90% there at release. Most people don’t care to track back but the time reps start coming out isn’t at the time a shoe gets a US release. It’s usually around the time real pairs are getting made. By the time we’re worried about release day, or buying shoes on the after market the fakes have been being produced for months and have gone through the bulk of changes that they’re going to go through.

I’m not telling folks not to worry about fakes because they’ve gotten so much better than the days of sponge bod dub zeros. But it’s not hopeless. As a consumer you might have to do more leg work. You might have to compare your pair to others to verify and run your shoes through legit app. But it can be done even with JB/Nike QC issues.

Might have to dip in resell for a pair of 4s. These or Fire reds?
I sold Fire Reds last year because lack of quality and cheap leather. These look more promising.
I went ahead and payed the ticket for these 10 minutes before the draw after I seen the stock numbers. 9 raffles and 2 SNKRS losses after let’s me know this was not a cake walk and somewhat justifies my choice. Now waiting for the “seller” to ship. Hurry up.

This release seems to be a few steps in the right direction when it comes to retro quality, the colorway is not for everyone but is nice change from the same old.

Back
Top Bottom