NIKE SKATEBOARDING NOT GETTING THE LOVE OF THE NIKETALK??

I see that SB news is almost a dead duck here, and I check other forums, buy/sell/trade at least 11 and up, Nike SB shoes really get no love, and with Flight Club setting such bloated crazy prices, how is there any value for SB besides supreme black and white dunk low and 1st series, I worked in that department for more than 4 years, ideas there are very grassroots and most product and development is really a small time deal, because the only tech shoes that are developed are tested thoroughly, and the URL, E-CUE, ANGUS, ZOOM TRE, P-ROD 1-3 are the only models that have real test-quality issues, the dunk is basically 3 shoes, low, mid, high, and with specific materials used, there is no real test durability issues, The people who work for Skateboarding division are a small team compared to other departments I have worked at and with, and when we would see the hype shoot out, we always thought the intronets were the ones making the hype unbearable, and we would see the value shoot up like 90s baseball cards, the bar is set so high before they even release, samples get leaked and become myths to so many people I have heard, yet whom is it buying them?? ISS??
laugh.gif

I see that SB news is almost a dead duck here, and I check other forums, buy/sell/trade at least 11 and up, Nike SB shoes really get no love, and with Flight Club setting such bloated crazy prices, how is there any value for SB besides supreme black and white dunk low and 1st series, I worked in that department for more than 4 years, ideas there are very grassroots and most product and development is really a small time deal, because the only tech shoes that are developed are tested thoroughly, and the URL, E-CUE, ANGUS, ZOOM TRE, P-ROD 1-3 are the only models that have real test-quality issues, the dunk is basically 3 shoes, low, mid, high, and with specific materials used, there is no real test durability issues, The people who work for Skateboarding division are a small team compared to other departments I have worked at and with, and when we would see the hype shoot out, we always thought the intronets were the ones making the hype unbearable, and we would see the value shoot up like 90s baseball cards, the bar is set so high before they even release, samples get leaked and become myths to so many people I have heard, yet whom is it buying them?? ISS??
laugh.gif

Ha, I don't really care about SB's, but your topic title reminded me of Snoop's tirade on the East Coast...

Well let it be known then

Ha, I don't really care about SB's, but your topic title reminded me of Snoop's tirade on the East Coast...

Well let it be known then

I actuall still rock with Nike SB pretty hard. I only picked up about 3 or 4 kicks from the blue box series (two of which being in the last month, Chromball Lows and Koston Highs) its not that Nike SB is dead its just that it never really took off on NT as it did on those other sites.... I like the fact that when I do see an SB for sale on NT its usually cheaper because we dont really care as much bout the hype over here. I would personally never pay those Flight Club Prices and some o the prices they ask for on ISS and the newly remodeled NSB sotes are redic.

I actuall still rock with Nike SB pretty hard. I only picked up about 3 or 4 kicks from the blue box series (two of which being in the last month, Chromball Lows and Koston Highs) its not that Nike SB is dead its just that it never really took off on NT as it did on those other sites.... I like the fact that when I do see an SB for sale on NT its usually cheaper because we dont really care as much bout the hype over here. I would personally never pay those Flight Club Prices and some o the prices they ask for on ISS and the newly remodeled NSB sotes are redic.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

There hasn't been a good release since 2005. What do you expect?

this.  when trash stops releasing, maybe i'll start caring again.
This, and the fact that Vans is pretty much dominating.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

There hasn't been a good release since 2005. What do you expect?

this.  when trash stops releasing, maybe i'll start caring again.
This, and the fact that Vans is pretty much dominating.

Just because you and a few others feel they are clean, that doesn't mean they are universally viewed as hot...to me there are only a handful of sb's worth mentioning since 05...neither dino jr's nor mork in mindy's make that list....but if they began hitting us with at least 8 quality kicks a yr like they were before 05, then they'd be back in business in my eyes....until then I just see filler after filler....

Back
Top Bottom