Nike Supporters

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Originally Posted by doyung9

We would die. Similar to Liam Neeson in the Grey.

Bruce Willis in Armageddon.

The Joker in Batman (1989 of course, not to be confused with The Dark Knight, in which Heath Ledger, the actor who portayed the Joker passed away after finishing his role as said Joker but prior to the release of the movie).

SPOILER ALERT.
yea man that aint cool i was gonna go see that movie 
frown.gif
My bad!

Great flick, go see it anyway.

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by Antidope

With all of the violence associated with Nike and their manipulation, high prices, misleading ads, then with all of the labor issues in Asia, for all that Dr. King stood for, do you really think that he'd wear a pair of Nike shoes?
REALLY?
This is conjecture. We will never know because he was never in the position so why make these sorts of assumptions? You cant prove this.

Oh yes I can. Many of Dr. King's speeches denounce materialism and then unethical practices just like those that Nike has been accused of.
I am incredibly comfortable in stating that if Dr. King were alive today, then witnessing the violence associated with this past Christmas XI release, he would have denounced it, then possibly organizing a boycott of their product. The irresponsible actions of the individuals involved do deserve criticism, but Nike would have been made to speak out by someone like Dr. King, then even Malcolm X. Their actions during the movement prove this point. 

Today's supposed leaders do not have the balls that those had from that generation, and that includes people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.
that man was far from perfect, son had wild mistresses......i hope u dont think he was da beacon of purity standing on your soapbox and all...

wearing nikes hasnt done anything for me just like lamborghini hasnt done anything for me

the point is we live in a world where we consume and some people choose to consume shoes and nike is the most appealing

some people rather buy computers or books or hats or stamps or motorcycles instead of nikes but most people have a "hobby" where they collect certain material things

hold up.

so I'm supposed to expect Phil Knight to solve the problem that millions of people are idiotically fighting outside of a mall because they're ignorant, uneducated, greedy, full of rage and booze, etc....

but you have $1,300 gator boots?

30t6p3b.gif

I just read some of your posts in the Dressing Better thread.....I can't take any of this seriously now.  Thanks Meth for the heads up.

Originally Posted by Method Man

There's no reason to believe that Dr. King or Einstein would've lined up to pay $1,300 for these boots, either:  
http://niketalk.com/reply/12264645/Dressing-better#reply-12264645

You don't like Nike.  Fine.  I don't wear Nike or Jordan shoes anymore, either.  However, you've been doing this for literally years now in all your different permutations, and your hatred seems to be focused on Nike first and foremost.  Materialism and labor issues seem almost like rationalizations for your preexisting hatred.  In other words, I never see you talk about materialism or labor issues in any context outside of "why Nike sucks." 

What's the real deal here, do you think Nike somehow wronged you during your "playing" career?  It's obvious to pretty much everyone that the basis of this campaign isn't truly philosophical or moral.  You hate Zoom Air "as a technology."  You hate Kobe Bryant.  You hate Phil Knight.  You hate anything and everything even remotely affiliated with Nike.  You could at least have the courage to be honest about your reasons why.  We might actually be sympathetic to it.  Try us.  

But doing this every single month and pretending that it has anything to do with moral or ethical reasons is just insulting.  If you're really crusading against labor violations, then do it.  Don't pretend to care in the context of bashing a particular brand.  

I'm disappointed when a 13 year old kid doesn't give a damn about how factory workers in China are treated, but in a way it's far sadder to see a 30+ year old man use factory workers' plight as an excuse to trash Nike on an Internet message board.  

A little sincerity would go a long way here.  As such, your questionable motives make you a poor choice to start a topic like this and expect it to actually result in a meaningful exchange.

I'll let you keep one of these threads, but not all of them.  You pick. 

/thread

Originally Posted by Method Man

There's no reason to believe that Dr. King or Einstein would've lined up to pay $1,300 for these boots, either:  
http://niketalk.com/reply/12264645/Dressing-better#reply-12264645

You don't like Nike.  Fine.  I don't wear Nike or Jordan shoes anymore, either.  However, you've been doing this for literally years now in all your different permutations, and your hatred seems to be focused on Nike first and foremost.  Materialism and labor issues seem almost like rationalizations for your preexisting hatred.  In other words, I never see you talk about materialism or labor issues in any context outside of "why Nike sucks." 

What's the real deal here, do you think Nike somehow wronged you during your "playing" career?  It's obvious to pretty much everyone that the basis of this campaign isn't truly philosophical or moral.  You hate Zoom Air "as a technology."  You hate Kobe Bryant.  You hate Phil Knight.  You hate anything and everything even remotely affiliated with Nike.  You could at least have the courage to be honest about your reasons why.  We might actually be sympathetic to it.  Try us.  

But doing this every single month and pretending that it has anything to do with moral or ethical reasons is just insulting.  If you're really crusading against labor violations, then do it.  Don't pretend to care in the context of bashing a particular brand.  

I'm disappointed when a 13 year old kid doesn't give a damn about how factory workers in China are treated, but in a way it's far sadder to see a 30+ year old man use factory workers' plight as an excuse to trash Nike on an Internet message board.  

A little sincerity would go a long way here.  As such, your questionable motives make you a poor choice to start a topic like this and expect it to actually result in a meaningful exchange.

I'll let you keep one of these threads, but not all of them.  You pick. 
Yep, my hatred has evolved over time, but it has been consistent. Phil Knight is a dirt bag, Kobe Bryant is now getting what he deserves, air bags have been proven to be inefficient.
Personally, I do not care if you find me to be a poor choice, but it is MY RIGHT to voice my opinion when situations like this occur.

Phil Knight can't stand up and do the right thing when necessary, but when one of his cronies kicks the bucket, all of a sudden, he becomes conscious.

My age has nothing to do with it either, there is no shame there, as there are many here in the same boat as myself. I can afford 1300 dollar shoes, and I will buy them. My cash flow from when I did play, allows me to do so. It has nothing to do with me feeling better than anyone while wearing them, it's simply a form of self expression.

However, you've just tried to embarrass me. You could have PM'ed me, dealt with this in a different manner. 

But you chose this route, so your actions are no...better...than...mine.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Reebok is a subsidiary of Nike Inc. So is Converse and Cole Haan.
 Reebok is owned by Adidas.
I stand corrected. 
You're still an enormous %%***$*@# for bringing this up every single month.
Classy. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

This is conjecture. We will never know because he was never in the position so why make these sorts of assumptions? You cant prove this.

Oh yes I can. Many of Dr. King's speeches denounce materialism and then unethical practices just like those that Nike has been accused of.
I am incredibly comfortable in stating that if Dr. King were alive today, then witnessing the violence associated with this past Christmas XI release, he would have denounced it, then possibly organizing a boycott of their product. The irresponsible actions of the individuals involved do deserve criticism, but Nike would have been made to speak out by someone like Dr. King, then even Malcolm X. Their actions during the movement prove this point. 

Today's supposed leaders do not have the balls that those had from that generation, and that includes people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.
that man was far from perfect, son had wild mistresses......i hope u dont think he was da beacon of purity standing on your soapbox and all...
You'd better claim your own blackness, before suggesting someone being far from perfect.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

hold up.

so I'm supposed to expect Phil Knight to solve the problem that millions of people are idiotically fighting outside of a mall because they're ignorant, uneducated, greedy, full of rage and booze, etc....

but you have $1,300 gator boots?

30t6p3b.gif

I just read some of your posts in the Dressing Better thread.....I can't take any of this seriously now.  Thanks Meth for the heads up.

i doubt people buying $1300 gator boots stand on lines for them
i highly doubt the people that can afford them is killing other dudes for them

aka has decent points to be honest

That means that they are pretty weak to begin with.
You can not be serious. No ones weak for being concerned with their personal appearance.
If you think that buying and wearing expensive things will make you relevant in this world, then you are weak, period.
When you take a good look at all of the great contributors to mankind, were they the biggest fashion plates, or were they people of higher intelligence, aware, then knowing their place in this world. 

Do you think that Dr. King or Einstein would stand in line for a pair of Nike shoes?
article-2089738-1162F5CD000005DC-79_634x482.jpg

Yep, my hatred has evolved over time, but it has been consistent. Phil Knight is a dirt bag, Kobe Bryant is now getting what he deserves, air bags have been proven to be inefficient.Personally, I do not care if you find me to be a poor choice, but it is MY RIGHT to voice my opinion when situations like this occur.
My age has nothing to do with it either, there is no shame there, as there are many here in the same boat as myself. I can afford 1300 dollar shoes, and I will buy them. My cash flow from when I did play, allows me to do so. It has nothing to do with me feeling better than anyone while wearing them, it's simply a form of self expression.
So, you admit to being a hypocrite, and claim only that it's your "right" to do so?  
Fair enough, but you don't have the "right" to insult other users of a private message board, and you're doing plenty of that here.  I don't care whether you like Nikes, Phil Knight, or air bags, but if you're going to post here you need to respect our users and our rules.  

I'm locking this thread.  You don't have the "right" to spam the forums with this stuff.  One post would've been more than sufficient, especially since you've done nothing but annihilate your own credibility.  Someone who wasn't bragging about $1,300 boots would have an infinitely easier time scolding the rest of our users about the dangers of callow materialism. 

Back
Top Bottom