Nike Talker's getting poorer and poorer.

When I joined this site like 11-12 years ago, everyone was caked up.

Boys doing bad now, we ain't getting money like we used to.

The pickup threads lacking, everything we need to get our swag back, what do we do NT?

I run my own business, not worried about what other people are doing - you shouldn't either pleighboy

NT is literally a decent collection of affluent people.

I blame the sneaker game.  We have grown up....See the dressing better thread and its constant updates

We buying houses now not jordans
We updating the bachelor pads now not buying louis wallets
We starting clothing brands now not buying jesus chains
We simping all our money away on women now not buying rastaclad (sp)/drake bead bracelts

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I blame the sneaker game.  We have grown up....See the dressing better thread and its constant updates

We simping all our money away on women now not buying rastaclad (sp)/drake bead bracelts
Still buying Jesus pieces
pimp.gif

I think its the younger demographics. New members are even younger than before. You got kids still in middle school on NT. So younger kids have less spending money. Just look at the amount of virgin girl problem threads. There's a new one at least every few days.

Shredded alpha male, CEO'n 10k a day, smashing 10/10's.

Brb, going to Dubai for the weekend.

We buying houses AND jordans/air max/forces
We updating properties AND buying suits
We starting clothing brands AND buying proper watches for our wrists
We buying jewels for the wife

Perhaps you played the "sneaker game". I just love sneakers. It was never a trend or a fad to me. So I continue to buy them.

This whole "we've grown up" thing in nonsense. Plenty of older dudes on here buy sneakers. Again, because we were in it for the love, not the hype.

I also fixed the above for you. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Some of us are doing it ALL.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Still buying Jesus pieces
pimp.gif

I think its the younger demographics. New members are even younger than before. You got kids still in middle school on NT. So younger kids have less spending money. Just look at the amount of virgin girl problem threads. There's a new one at least every few days.
laugh.gif
I feel that the age difference makes the girl situations completely different. Seems like all the older NTers was getting the bunz on the daily.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Perhaps you played the "sneaker game". I just love sneakers. It was never a trend or a fad to me. So I continue to buy them.

This whole "we've grown up" thing in nonsense. Plenty of older dudes on here buy sneakers. Again, because we were in it for the love, not the hype.

I also fixed the above for you. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Some of us are doing it ALL.
I honestly love shoes as im sure everyone does on here....but have you seen the black cement 3 thread......quality and price these days is making it almost insane to purchase such a low quality product for such a high mark up.  And the older dudes buy sneakers but don't flaunt it....its part of growing up. We just casually buy what we like and keep it moving.

I'm sure the real reason is the age difference

pimp.gif

had to explain this the other day.
some guy in class ( im in college) commented on why people still buy jordans, that they aren't cool anymore like they were in high school, and how he doesn't but sneakers or clothes anymore he just wears what is comfortable as opposed to trying to look cool.

i told him, im in because i love sneakers. i never wore em to be cool like you. who obviously trying to be cool now by "not caring", and making me look bad

I honestly love shoes as im sure everyone does on here....but have you seen the black cement 3 thread......quality and price these days is making it almost insane to purchase such a low quality product for such a high mark up.  And the older dudes buy sneakers but don't flaunt it....its part of growing up. We just casually buy what we like and keep it moving.

Without turning this into an argument, let me give you the flip.

I have the disposable income to buy an item that is high in price and low in quality for the sheer nostalgia of it.

You'll still see older dudes get up in the Team Air Max Fam thread. In the Team AF1 thread. It isn't about age. We're just guys that ALWAYS loved sneakers.

For many it was just the cool thing to do.

I don't think it's age so much. If you see people on here long enough, you'll see how they move. One month they like Dunks. Then Air Force 1's. Then they like Air Max. Then they like J's. Then Gucci/Louie sneakers. Or those God awful Supras. Then they wear boat shoes.

I'm not sure it's so much age as it is the moving on to the next "trend". Be it the next trendy sneaker or the next trendy look. Even younger kids were into the whole Gucci/Louie trend when it hit hard.

Lil dudes running around with coin purses that cost more than they have in the bank.

Originally Posted by theekinqq

pimp.gif

had to explain this the other day.
some guy in class ( im in college) commented on why people still buy jordans, that they aren't cool anymore like they were in high school, and how he doesn't but sneakers or clothes anymore he just wears what is comfortable as opposed to trying to look cool.

i told him, im in because i love sneakers. i never wore em to be cool like you. who obviously trying to be cool now by "not caring", and making me look bad
Unfortunately at my college there arent too many dudes who are in for the love of sneakers.  Hype is slowly taking over campus

Without turning this into an argument, let me give you the flip.

I have the disposable income to buy an item that is high in price and low in quality for the sheer nostalgia of it.

You'll still see older dudes get up in the Team Air Max Fam thread. In the Team AF1 thread. It isn't about age. We're just guys that ALWAYS loved sneakers.

For many it was just the cool thing to do.

I don't think it's age so much. If you see people on here long enough, you'll see how they move. One month they like Dunks. Then Air Force 1's. Then they like Air Max. Then they like J's. Then Gucci/Louie sneakers. Or those God awful Supras. Then they wear boat shoes.

I'm not sure it's so much age as it is the moving on to the next "trend". Be it the next trendy sneaker or the next trendy look. Even younger kids were into the whole Gucci/Louie trend when it hit hard.

Lil dudes running around with coin purses that cost more than they have in the bank.
I hear ya man.

Just saying the reason people are "seeming poorer" due to "lack of posts in the pick up threads" is because:
the older folk that have been here a while aren't really about that flashy life and don't post there. 
Shoes have gotten worse in quality and higher in price therefor people are buying less, nostalgia aside its not overpowering the practical side of the brain as much.
The people who were 11 years ago...then grow up and have other priorities like homes and children to spend things on.

Not a personal attack my man.

Then again people could just be poorer
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Man, you ain lying!

Credit crippled me. I owe too much. Trying to dig outta this hole.
so you were always poor is what you are saying

You ain't lying OP, and this isn't even long ago, back when I was in 08-10th grade my parents bought me everything. Then my Junior and Senior year I had to buy my own stuff, boy it's way different.

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom