Nike Tiffany Dunk SB Appreciation Summer 2005 hype at all new levels

I understand the hype around it but IMO very few shoes deserve it but this shoe is probably one of the sickest of all time. I was on vacation in Ocean City, MD and got my pair at K-Coast for retail with no lines, just happened to get lucky but I remember lines and prices shops were charging.  I wish we could dig up the old NT thread on this shoe.  I know there will be some haters but hands down the best Dunk SB IMO, followed closely by...
2. Supa's

3. Black Supremes

4. True Reds

5. Forbes and Mulder tie

Finally broke down and spent the money on another DS pair yesterday, one shoe I really regret selling.  Maybe when you stop buying shoes the old ones form a nostalgic/sentimental value, figured it was time to break down and buy a pair before they hit $700+ levels in a few mores year.

still remember the original pics that surfaced

nqw8eg.jpg

r6wl07.jpg

35cq3w9.jpg

original sample which surfaced years later

35n2809.jpg

psot stories, pics, anything you want, I know a lot of us have kind of moved away from buying shoes weekly, monthly, etc 

I understand the hype around it but IMO very few shoes deserve it but this shoe is probably one of the sickest of all time. I was on vacation in Ocean City, MD and got my pair at K-Coast for retail with no lines, just happened to get lucky but I remember lines and prices shops were charging.  I wish we could dig up the old NT thread on this shoe.  I know there will be some haters but hands down the best Dunk SB IMO, followed closely by...
2. Supa's

3. Black Supremes

4. True Reds

5. Forbes and Mulder tie

Finally broke down and spent the money on another DS pair yesterday, one shoe I really regret selling.  Maybe when you stop buying shoes the old ones form a nostalgic/sentimental value, figured it was time to break down and buy a pair before they hit $700+ levels in a few mores year.

still remember the original pics that surfaced

nqw8eg.jpg

r6wl07.jpg

35cq3w9.jpg

original sample which surfaced years later

35n2809.jpg

psot stories, pics, anything you want, I know a lot of us have kind of moved away from buying shoes weekly, monthly, etc 

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 It was a mess!! post ol boy diddy boppin with the shorts on to match the tiffs.

laugh.gif
 that is one of the greatest pics ever to surface on NT

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 It was a mess!! post ol boy diddy boppin with the shorts on to match the tiffs.

laugh.gif
 that is one of the greatest pics ever to surface on NT

hahaha that guy thought he was doing it too!

I had these but sold em, hopefully will find another pair

hahaha that guy thought he was doing it too!

I had these but sold em, hopefully will find another pair

Had them. Loved them. Passed them on recently.

I lucked out and managed to get them from Active online just randomly the day they got their shipment for 99 bucks. I jumped on the check on them and a FSR popped up. I still can't believe it to this day because they had to only last at most 10 minutes on that website...

Dope shoe. Still a real head turner and great colorway.

I lucked out and managed to get them from Active online just randomly the day they got their shipment for 99 bucks. I jumped on the check on them and a FSR popped up. I still can't believe it to this day because they had to only last at most 10 minutes on that website...

Originally Posted by M0dernMarVel

yeah I paid box retail, I think it was $79? can't remember but my cheap friend passed on a pair and I was like dude you could sell them for $400 but he didn't want to part with the $80, I was just like you are an idiot dude,  that basically gets you all the vacation drinking money back you've spent.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by M0dernMarVel

yeah I paid box retail, I think it was $79? can't remember but my cheap friend passed on a pair and I was like dude you could sell them for $400 but he didn't want to part with the $80, I was just like you are an idiot dude,  that basically gets you all the vacation drinking money back you've spent.  
laugh.gif

Definitely. So many other great shoes got overlooked and went for cheap because 95% of people wanted those. I love hype, as a non hype buyer.

Definitely. So many other great shoes got overlooked and went for cheap because 95% of people wanted those. I love hype, as a non hype buyer.

Got two pairs when they came out.  Took one on my honeymoon and still rock them hard to this day (with white laces, so much iller).  The other 10.5 is still sitting in the box DS.

Got two pairs when they came out.  Took one on my honeymoon and still rock them hard to this day (with white laces, so much iller).  The other 10.5 is still sitting in the box DS.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

yeah I grabbed those Blue/Lime/White FC's also and I think it was the Vapors that came out too? 

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

yeah I grabbed those Blue/Lime/White FC's also and I think it was the Vapors that came out too? 

They already do go for 700, or last time I checked they did....I'll look but the owner of Union said that Vapors were the shoe for skaters and people who didnt want to deal with the hype......
tiffanydunksample.jpg

They already do go for 700, or last time I checked they did....I'll look but the owner of Union said that Vapors were the shoe for skaters and people who didnt want to deal with the hype......
tiffanydunksample.jpg

If they ever retro SBs I bet the sample is what the retro will end up looking like. I have not yet managed to secure a pair for myself, I made a pact with my girlfriend that I'd get her an engagement ring and THEN I can splurge on buying myself a pair of these. I started looking at rings a few weeks ago so chances are this is going to be the year I end up buying a pair.

Back
Top Bottom