Nike Tiffany Dunk SB Appreciation Summer 2005 hype at all new levels

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by StillIn729

i think anybody would regret not getting shoes that are worth 700+....such a dope shoe imo, if only SB made em like this these days....
they aren't worth $700+ right now unless you are dumb, Jim Jones or impulsive 

how much are thye worth then Stillin?600? My friend found some for 400 DS

people ask for $600 but look on eBay and sneaker sites and you will see them for sale for months with no buyers.  I'd say a fair price now is anyone from $400-$500, $400 is a good deal I would tell go for it but make sure they are authentic.
I paid $475 for my DS pair but I had a $100 reward on my credit card so it was really $375 actual cash out of my pocket.  

i think anybody would regret not getting shoes that are worth 700+....such a dope shoe imo, if only SB made em like this these days....

people ask for $600 but look on eBay and sneaker sites and you will see them for sale for months with no buyers.  I'd say a fair price now is anyone from $400-$500, $400 is a good deal I would tell go for it but make sure they are authentic.
I paid $475 for my DS pair but I had a $100 reward on my credit card so it was really $375 actual cash out of my pocket.  

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Luckily I fell into a pair last month while doing an eBay meetup, $273 for a deadstock pair of Diamonds
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 amazing price.  thats like what they were going for when they FIRST dropped.  ive seen them hitting around $700 these days.  man i love these shoes, i got so lucky with em.  store sold out, dude busted out his ds size 8 and sold em to me on the spot.  traded the 8 for a 9.5 (we somehow ended up with eachothers sizes after all the madness)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Luckily I fell into a pair last month while doing an eBay meetup, $273 for a deadstock pair of Diamonds
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 amazing price.  thats like what they were going for when they FIRST dropped.  ive seen them hitting around $700 these days.  man i love these shoes, i got so lucky with em.  store sold out, dude busted out his ds size 8 and sold em to me on the spot.  traded the 8 for a 9.5 (we somehow ended up with eachothers sizes after all the madness)
pimp.gif

My friend copped that pair at SF DXC, such a steal, kinda haha...Would you say this was the MOST hyped SB dunk or what? De las and Pigeons had a lot of hype, but I think Pigeons come close to these.

Interesting thread
http://niketalk.com/topic/1724/Did-the-Tiffs-start-the-hype?page=1

Man I wish catalog pics of dunks were this good still
http://niketalk.com/topic/14069/Oct-04-May-05-Non-Retro-SB-Release-Info-Pics?page=1

My friend copped that pair at SF DXC, such a steal, kinda haha...Would you say this was the MOST hyped SB dunk or what? De las and Pigeons had a lot of hype, but I think Pigeons come close to these.

Interesting thread
http://niketalk.com/topic/1724/Did-the-Tiffs-start-the-hype?page=1

Man I wish catalog pics of dunks were this good still
http://niketalk.com/topic/14069/Oct-04-May-05-Non-Retro-SB-Release-Info-Pics?page=1

Tiffs did not start the SB hype,

The first set of SB's sat on my skate shops shelves almost a year later they still had some sizes in Mulder's, Forbes, Gino's and the Brown/Orange Blazers and the other releases didn't sell out either...it slowly started to build and then Supreme dropped round 2 and all the hype cats got on the wagon, the same ones who bash SB now like they are on some ultra hip level, they are all lame to me. The Dunk is an all time classic shoe but since it's no longer the mid 2000's it's not cool anymore to little wack hype beasts. The same people who wear the trash called SUPRA.

The first set of SB's sat on my skate shops shelves almost a year later they still had some sizes in Mulder's, Forbes, Gino's and the Brown/Orange Blazers and the other releases didn't sell out either...it slowly started to build and then Supreme dropped round 2 and all the hype cats got on the wagon, the same ones who bash SB now like they are on some ultra hip level, they are all lame to me. The Dunk is an all time classic shoe but since it's no longer the mid 2000's it's not cool anymore to little wack hype beasts. The same people who wear the trash called SUPRA.

Originally Posted by Beyond the Glory

i saw a guy wearing these to play in city softball league
30t6p3b.gif
Just think, theres people who actually bought them for what they were intended for and skated in them

Originally Posted by Beyond the Glory

i saw a guy wearing these to play in city softball league
30t6p3b.gif
Just think, theres people who actually bought them for what they were intended for and skated in them

I remember walking into my local skate shop back home (Homebase 610) in 2003 and picking up the Futuras and Takashis for retail with absolutely no problem.  Damn I wish I still had those Futuras.

I think the hype around the Supreme Lows was more about Supreme than being Nike SBs.  I would say the shoe that really started the hype was the Heinekens.

Back
Top Bottom