NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

IMG_5573.jpg

Word.

I like that flyknit pair better than the engineered mesh pair. That IVs wing on the side is kinda cool though.

RE: UNC Jordan trainers. For some reason, the football equipment manager took the photos of the Jordan trainers down. Could be a sign that at least the Grinds won't be sold to the public. Some one up thread posted what looks to be a catalogue photo of the flyknit trainers, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are available to the public at some point during the season. Fedora might want them to be player exclusive, though. He was using Nike swag as rewards to players for good games.

All UNC sports are supposed to get the V7.

Also, with the Free Trainers, there's a team color trainer that the public doesn't get. Last year UNC got Free Train Versatility, Pegasus 33 in team colors. Year before, there was a V6 without the Ramses/Argyle designs.

V7s look to be as comfortable as the V5, so I'll go ahead and get the v7, I dunno about the Jordan flyknits.

Jordan Trainer 2 - midfoot strap, white/unv blue
Jordan Lunar Grind - IV's wing, navy/unv blue
Nike Trainer v7 - "spring games ", unv blue/white
Jordan Trainer 2??? - deleted off Twitter

Last edited:
^I knew something had been taken down!

So how many potential pairs really? 4?
Last I heard only the week zero would be available to the public for sure. It makes sense for that one and the Jordan 2 to be released given what Nike/Jumpman did with UM.
jordan-trainer-4-flyknit-unc-tar-heels-3.jpg

No official release date yet, but it looks like we will def get a chance to buy at some point.

Last edited:
Last I heard only the week zero would be available to the public for sure. It makes sense for that one and the Jordan 2 to be released given what Nike/Jumpman did with UM.
jordan-trainer-4-flyknit-unc-tar-heels-3.jpg

No official release date yet, but it looks like we will def get a chance to buy at some point.

I would likely buy this pair. Don't own any UNC looking shoes currently other than Nubuck XIIs. Almost got those white/unv blue XI lows but passed.

The bay has an Aug 3 release date for the Jordan 2, and the week zero on the 14th. Decisions, decisions.

Btw, has anyone tried on the Jordan 2 (in some other color obvs)? If it isn't functional as a trainer, I might skip.

Looks there's gonna be a Michigan colorway for the Jordan Trainer 2

Attachments

• IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 11
No surprises there, Michigan & North Carlolina are both sponsored by Jordan, what about the other Nike schools?...

The bay has an Aug 3 release date for the Jordan 2, and the week zero on the 14th. Decisions, decisions.

Btw, has anyone tried on the Jordan 2 (in some other color obvs)? If it isn't functional as a trainer, I might skip.

So tomorrow is the 3rd...

So the Trainer 2 will be the first JordanxUNC shoe available at retail if I'm not mistaken. I'm specifically talking with UNC branding not just the color combo.

Crazy to think it's taken this long given the history.

nike-free-trainer-v7-week-zero-college-football-pack.jpg

All 24 teams for Week Zero.
Teams listed below.
Oregon
Michigan State
Penn State
Florida
North Carolina
Kentucky
Duke
LSU
TCU
Arizona
Florida State
Alabama
USC
Arkansas
Georgia
Oklahoma
Clemson
Oregon State
Texas
Oklahoma State
Tennessee
West Virginia
Michigan
Ohio State

nike-free-trainer-v7-week-zero-college-football-pack.jpg

All 24 teams for Week Zero.
Teams listed below.
Oregon
Michigan State
Penn State
Florida
North Carolina
Kentucky
Duke
LSU
TCU
Arizona
Florida State
Alabama
USC
Arkansas
Georgia
Oklahoma
Clemson
Oregon State
Texas
Oklahoma State
Tennessee
West Virginia
Michigan
Ohio State

Good looks. Still passing on the UGA pair. I need more cushioning than what Frees provide.

Am looking to get the UNC Trainer 2 though this weekend.

I see that. What about Nike directly? Not seeing them listed.

I'm sure they will be.

I know last year, the week zero were listed on all the other websites, but were never shown on Nike Insider SNKRS or whatever they want to call it. They were still available on Nike. I know the Michigan Jordan Trainer 1 was also available on Nike.com last year (not sure if it was on the upcoming list).

Back
Top Bottom