NIKE VOUCHER REJECTION LETTER

a guy i know returns his nike.com purchases to the nike outlet after 1 wear ... the whole "30 days for any reason" return **** he just says they didnt fit well or whatever

scum bag **** ... seriously scumbag ... floss em once and return? broke boi **** .. i like my sneaks TOO much to do that

i definetely kenw to NEVER buy/sell/trade with him and i avoid him after he told me that ... rediculous

My Black/Blue Air Max+ 09s got a sizable rip in the mesh toe box. I purchased them under 2 years ago but the release date was 3 years ago as of yesterday. I doubt Nike would offer me a voucher for the mesh ripping on me right? It's kind of irritating.

I had the mesh rip on a pair of hyperfuse after less than 8 wears, Nike rejected it claiming no defect.

Not sure if anyone will see this, but here goes.

I called up and filed a claim with Nike last week about my 21st Century Olympic windrunner.  Talked to a cool dude on the phone and he processed my claim.  I told him that I'm currently not in the US due to work.  He said that's fine and to give him my USA address to use for a return address.  Sent it off last week from South Korea and today I see this on nikeclaims.com.

The following WILL NOT be accepted:
  • Returns from consumers residing outside the U.S.
I do reside in the US, but currently I'm overseas.  Does anyone know if this will affect my claim?

Also, when I check my status on nikeclaims.com, it just says "Open".  Does it update when they received my package?  Because they should have received my package by now.  

thanks

Last edited:
to return nike shoes via voucher claim, do you need the receipt or the original box? or can you just ship them with a usps box?

Hey guys, The flywire on my Kobe 8 elites frayed and the outer fabric that wraps around the flywire just completely tore open leaving all the flywire exposed. All this happened after two wears on the court. I'm planning on sending them into Nike for a voucher, but I was wondering if they would deny my claim if I kept the laces and the insoles. 

I really like the insoles because they have zoom bags, which the non-elite kobe 8s do not, and the laces have a kevlar weave so they won't stretch out as much/I like the color. 

Any advice? Thanks in advance

Hey guys, The flywire on my Kobe 8 elites frayed and the outer fabric that wraps around the flywire just completely tore open leaving all the flywire exposed. All this happened after two wears on the court. I'm planning on sending them into Nike for a voucher, but I was wondering if they would deny my claim if I kept the laces and the insoles. 

I really like the insoles because they have zoom bags, which the non-elite kobe 8s do not, and the laces have a kevlar weave so they won't stretch out as much/I like the color. 

Send it all back. There's a greater chance they would deny your claim if you didn't send everything in... IMO.

Me and my friends used to do this all the time in 9th-10th grade, when hardly anyone knew about this policy. This was back in 1995. We would "make" our shoes be defects so we could trade them in for the current year model. Usually, this involved the sole and a steak knife 
laugh.gif

This was back when they would actually send you a replacement shoe, not a voucher. And you could call in and request a shoe that was the same MSRP.

Dang, 19 years ago, the "good ol days" of shoe collecting. 

I haven't returned a pair to nike in over 15 years, I love all my shoes too much for that now...

Back in the late 80's & all through the 90's, I sent shoes back on a very regular basis. All through junior high, high school, & college. There wasn't any kind of voucher system. They sent you back the same model or whatever they deemed as comparable. You didn't have any say over what they sent you. If I didn't like what they sent me back, I would find a retailer that had that same style & color & switch it out there. Some of my returns were legitimate, but most were due to me damaging worn shoes because I wanted new pairs. They didn't have the 2 year from the date of manufacture rule back then. I used more than one address so I never got flagged in their system. I was never turned down or refused once. The cool thing is that they would often send back pairs that were in colors that were pretty rare & hard to find. You have to think that there wasn't the internet or EBay or anything like that back then. I took shoes back to stores quite a bit as well that I had damaged because I wanted new pairs. I live in the D/FW area, so there are like 20 or so malls within driving distance. I knew which retailers had easier return policies, which managers were usually cooler with returning shoes, & I spread it around pretty evenly so no one ever picked up on it. I knew the rules & totally used that to my advantage. Sometimes I would have to take the damaged shoes back to one retailer to return them for a new pair of that exact same shoe, then I would go to a second retailer to switch out that new pair for something totally different. The retailers didn't keep your info in data bases, & Nike really didn't too much either. It was a different world back then.

Only pair i ever returned were the blk/red 11 low ies.

Those s**** squeaked soo bad, annoyed the f out of me. 

Send it all back. There's a greater chance they would deny your claim if you didn't send everything in... IMO.I

Damn, it sucks that I missed this. I had the same exact problem with my superhero elites. I played in them a few times indoors ––the flywire tore apart and the mesh started to give as well. I kept the insoles and laces thinking that the worst thing that could happen is that, I get rejected and they send me the shoes back and I continue destroying them. They did in fact send me a $200 voucher and I got to keep the insoles and the laces. It was kind of bittersweet because I really loved those sneakers. I ended up buying another pair of superhero elites but knowing that the flywire tears so easily stops me from wearing them often.

Damn, it sucks that I missed this. I had the same exact problem with my superhero elites. I played in them a few times indoors ––the flywire tore apart and the mesh started to give as well. I kept the insoles and laces thinking that the worst thing that could happen is that, I get rejected and they send me the shoes back and I continue destroying them. They did in fact send me a $200 voucher and I got to keep the insoles and the laces. It was kind of bittersweet because I really loved those sneakers. I ended up buying another pair of superhero elites but knowing that the flywire tears so easily stops me from wearing them often.
Same here, I sent em in, but now I'm playing in All star lebron XIs that I've had for a while. Don't really know what I'll do with the voucher yet. Considering doing an ID of the kobe 9 EM or something

2-3 months ago did I a stupid thing. I bought the new Lebrons elite kinda expensiv and after by using them 2-3 it damaged my calves pretty bad and the problem now is that I cant return it because there is a rule like something u can only return them after 30 days?

So today i talked to nike.com chat and told me that, if the shoe isnt damaged somehow then they cant accept it. So now my question is, is there a way to return in. Because i cant even use them anymore and really want my
money back and buy some better basket shoes for that money instead. So yah, please help me:/

As you've found out, if there's nothing physically wrong with the shoe (i.e. none of the zoom bags have popped, or the fly wire hasn't ripped, or your foot hasn't torn out of the shoe) you can't return the shoe to Nike get your money back. If you bought it from Footlocker or Finishline, you could try taking it back there (if you still have the receipt) and see what they can do for you. Sometimes they might give you store credit or something.

That being said, if these shoes really aren't working for you, I think these are your options (not in any particular order):

1) Damage the shoe in some way. It sucks that you have to resort to this because you're taking advantage of Nike's system, but if you try cutting the fly wire closest to the toebox (i.e. first and second lace holes) (not a clean cut, make it look frayed/like it ripped on its own accord), Nike will most likely give you a voucher for the full retail of your shoe, which you can use to buy whatever you want on the nike online store. This is the closest thing to getting your money back, especially if you want to stick with Nike shoes. It won't work though if you've already sent in a bunch of stuff to nike through their voucher program. Details on that here.

2) Take it back to footlocker/finishline if you bought it there and still have the receipt. No receipt and you probably won't get anything. With a receipt, you may at least get store credit. 

3) Sell the shoe. Sell the shoe through a local facebook group (Kream is good if you're in the Chicago-land area), or through craigslist. You probably won't get full retail, and will most likely take a loss, but you'll get some money to put towards a new shoe.

4) Trade the shoe. See if someone will trade for a different shoe. Again, you can use craigslist or a local facebook group.

Sorry for the novel. Good luck!

As you've found out, if there's nothing physically wrong with the shoe (i.e. none of the zoom bags have popped, or the fly wire hasn't ripped, or your foot hasn't torn out of the shoe) you can't return the shoe to Nike get your money back. If you bought it from Footlocker or Finishline, you could try taking it back there (if you still have the receipt) and see what they can do for you. Sometimes they might give you store credit or something.

That being said, if these shoes really aren't working for you, I think these are your options (not in any particular order):

1) Damage the shoe in some way. It sucks that you have to resort to this because you're taking advantage of Nike's system, but if you try cutting the fly wire closest to the toebox (i.e. first and second lace holes) (not a clean cut, make it look frayed/like it ripped on its own accord), Nike will most likely give you a voucher for the full retail of your shoe, which you can use to buy whatever you want on the nike online store. This is the closest thing to getting your money back, especially if you want to stick with Nike shoes. It won't work though if you've already sent in a bunch of stuff to nike through their voucher program. Details on that here.

2) Take it back to footlocker/finishline if you bought it there and still have the receipt. No receipt and you probably won't get anything. With a receipt, you may at least get store credit. 

3) Sell the shoe. Sell the shoe through a local facebook group (Kream is good if you're in the Chicago-land area), or through craigslist. You probably won't get full retail, and will most likely take a loss, but you'll get some money to put towards a new shoe.

4) Trade the shoe. See if someone will trade for a different shoe. Again, you can use craigslist or a local facebook group.

Sorry for the novel. Good luck!

Thanks for the information!

Well, Im honest, I mean i dont really want a shoe that are hurting my body like these. I mean i had to be off for 1-2 week after just worn them like twice.

I can change for other shoe too, There will be soon Kobe beethoven which seems really good since i have used almost kobe shoes all the time. But well, I mean if i really need to damage the shoe for it, I can do it, but well, the bad thing is that my english isnt the best and i really dont know what and where i should damage the shoe. Here is the picture of it.

nike-lebron-11-elite-team-officially-unveiled-00.jpg

So yah, I can exchage it if possible from nike.com (bought the shoe from there too. never returned before aswell)

Last edited:
C'mon people.. If you wear shoes long enough they will eventually break down and fall apart.
C'mon people.. If you wear shoes long enough they will eventually break down and fall apart"

I legit wore my Air Max 2013s a handfull of times and the air released in my right shoe. So there are shoes that should be covered, not ones that are worn to the point of wear. My shoes even had the new sneaker smell too.

Back
Top Bottom