Nike x Fear of God Collab - Official Thread (Air Raid F&F IG Shock Drop 10/8 )

Which color of the Air FOG 1 do you prefer?

• Skylon II - Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skylon II - White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well...high end designers usually charge high end prices. ****** ain’t giving scrub brands $800 for sweats.

Union LA carries noteworthy designers and collections featuring pieces that go for prices in the upper hundreds and low thousands.

The disparity between high end and “streetwear” has been blurred bc of the rise of minority positions at higher levels. People are used to thinking “high end” as straight couture from old fashion houses.

Now we seeing the streets taking over and I’m here for it.

I love when people gun at Virgil or Jerry for “stealing” designs but don’t keep that same energy when high end brands stole it from street and black culture.

Got it...so when you say high end you mean higher side of the price spectrum of street wear not high end designers....

Is that a fair assumption?

If your definition of high end designer is stuff like Dior, YSL, Gucci, or LV then no they don't carry high end but I wouldn't classify Marni, Thom Browne, Raf Simons, or Jil Sander which is all stuff Union has as just high end on a streetwear spectrum. That stuff is high end in general. It's just not as mainstream as the other brands I mentioned.

I consider high end.... items that are timeless...generally price isn't or shouldn't be a factor...it's the difference between a suit purchased at Macy's ...which carries expensive labels...and having a Purple Label custom tailored....the experience is just different...the craftsmanship is different...I'll have this item forever...no disrespect to a lot of street wear labels that charge exuberant amounts for items...but when taste change (much like the breeze) you find yourself with an oversized Imported pig skin hoodie that you paid $1500 for and like wtf do I do with this **** now....

Again no disrecpt to anyone here as I appreciate the diagloue...but I definitely feel like a lot of people sometimes equate quality with price and that isn't always the case...

yall hate mocs and raids that bad that we talking about whats high end?

the only high end I rock with is the jesus piece

Idc what end it is, as long as it looks and feels good, and of course super hyped so I can be like JPS JPS
If you want to be like me you need to wear your shoes. Don’t lie about it and start singing great pretender

I have the sudden urge to de-swoosh my light bone raids

I consider high end.... items that are timeless...generally price isn't or shouldn't be a factor...it's the difference between a suit purchased at Macy's ...which carries expensive labels...and having a Purple Label custom tailored....the experience is just different...the craftsmanship is different...I'll have this item forever...no disrespect to a lot of street wear labels that charge exuberant amounts for items...but when taste change (much like the breeze) you find yourself with an oversized Imported pig skin hoodie that you paid $1500 for and like wtf do I do with this **** now....

Again no disrecpt to anyone here as I appreciate the diagloue...but I definitely feel like a lot of people sometimes equate quality with price and that isn't always the case...

Sound like you made your own definition or opinion for high end. It is what it is bro.

If your definition of high end designer is stuff like Dior, YSL, Gucci, or LV then no they don't carry high end but I wouldn't classify Marni, Thom Browne, Raf Simons, or Jil Sander which is all stuff Union has as just high end on a streetwear spectrum. That stuff is high end in general. It's just not as mainstream as the other brands I mentioned.
can't say it any better than this bro

Anyone got shots of de-laced Raids? My main issue is the straps with laces. De-lacing would **** with the toe box aesthetics but idk...

ZBTvoFA.jpg

Raids didn't do it for me but I decided to get a family photo before I sent them back. I actually like the mocs. **** me, right?

I am talking high end designers...you know FOG is a high end designer brand right?
Again no disrespect to those that wear FOG...wear what you like that's the point to fashion...but as you move through different stages in your life things change...10-15 years from now you might not be rocking FOG much like 15-20 years ago cats thought Iceberg and Coogi was high end (damn just dated myself)....

But Ralph still around though....again (I stress to me) timeless

My point to all this Is don't let price dictate design...great design and quality should stand on its on...it doesn't need a $1000 price tags to be considered HIGH END FASHION...

I have a bunch of early H&M pieces...talking almost 20 years now...that i still rock today....

But wear what you like...it's what makes fashion what it is

18BBD6F8-5D36-4246-B25B-D5EEFEE95115.jpeg Ended up buying some Mocs at End in London and then just selling my raids.

I don’t know why but I like the streamlined look of the Moc better.

I don’t even think Jerry Lorenzo considers his brand a high end brand

Back
Top Bottom