Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Is there any reason to use Goat > StockX?
GOAT is pickier about the condition of the shoes and box, from my experience. They will usually email you if they receive a pair with flaws and aren’t sure if you’re going to be cool with it. Sometimes they will encourage the seller to give a discount if the shoes are flawed so that the sale can be completed. GOAT also accepts returns but the catch is that you can only get refunded GOAT credit rather than $ unless you can prove they’re fake. GOAT is generally a little more expensive and they have locations in California and New Jersey

Stock X are more accepting of shoes/boxes with flaws though of course there is a standard of what they will and will not accept and I have never had any major problems receiving flawed pairs. I think their standards are acceptable and don’t think there’s a huge difference between what they and GOAT will accept. Stock X will NOT contact you if the shoes are flawed to see if you are okay with it. They will either send the shoes your way or cancel stating that the shoes didn’t pass verification depending on how bad it is. You will never know why a shoe didn’t pass verification but you will be refunded immediately. If you ask, they say they will help find the shoe at the same price but when there’s been problems they just automatically refund the money rather than asking about a replacement. Stock X does NOT offer refunds. You can send them back if they’re fake but that’s the only way to get s refund. Don’t worry though, neither app has a huge problem with fakes. They’re both good at what they do. Stock X is located in Detroit but I believe they also have a hub in Arizona. The reason I’m giving locations is to give you an idea of how long it takes because it really all depends on where you live

As far as shipping and authentication, Stock X usually does a 2-1-2 model. It takes 2 days for them to get the shoes (once the seller ships), 1 day to authenticate, and 2 days for you to get the shoes. The only time that I’ve had to wait more than 5 business days was during Christmas or when sellers take the full 2 business days to ship. If a seller for each doesn’t ship in 2 business days (for Stock x) or 3 business days (GOAT) the sell can be canceled by the buyer. GOAT uses basically the same timetable as Stock X so it really is more about sellers shipping and where you live as far as which is faster.

As far as selling, I would sell on Stock X because GOAT has a final payout fee that Stock X does not have. If people are paying more on GOAT then it could be worth paying the final payout fee. All in all you’re looking at around 12.5% taken from Stock X and around 13.5% taken from GOAT when you sell. I do prefer it to eBay though because you deal with a lot of crappy buyers on eBay. I like buying on eBay and have dealt with crappy sellers as well. If you don’t accept buyers with 0% feedback on eBay you are usually okay and the fee is about 10% taken at the end of the month for them.

I am sorry if I gave too much information but I will try to answer any questions if there’s still stuff you want to know

^ stockx customer service is much better though in my opinion. They respond very quickly to emails. Goat sent me the wrong shoes, and it’s been 2 weeks and they still haven’t responded.

GOAT is pickier about the condition of the shoes and box, from my experience. They will usually email you if they receive a pair with flaws and aren’t sure if you’re going to be cool with it. Sometimes they will encourage the seller to give a discount if the shoes are flawed so that the sale can be completed. GOAT also accepts returns but the catch is that you can only get refunded GOAT credit rather than $ unless you can prove they’re fake. GOAT is generally a little more expensive and they have locations in California and New Jersey

Stock X are more accepting of shoes/boxes with flaws though of course there is a standard of what they will and will not accept and I have never had any major problems receiving flawed pairs. I think their standards are acceptable and don’t think there’s a huge difference between what they and GOAT will accept. Stock X will NOT contact you if the shoes are flawed to see if you are okay with it. They will either send the shoes your way or cancel stating that the shoes didn’t pass verification depending on how bad it is. You will never know why a shoe didn’t pass verification but you will be refunded immediately. If you ask, they say they will help find the shoe at the same price but when there’s been problems they just automatically refund the money rather than asking about a replacement. Stock X does NOT offer refunds. You can send them back if they’re fake but that’s the only way to get s refund. Don’t worry though, neither app has a huge problem with fakes. They’re both good at what they do. Stock X is located in Detroit but I believe they also have a hub in Arizona. The reason I’m giving locations is to give you an idea of how long it takes because it really all depends on where you live

As far as shipping and authentication, Stock X usually does a 2-1-2 model. It takes 2 days for them to get the shoes (once the seller ships), 1 day to authenticate, and 2 days for you to get the shoes. The only time that I’ve had to wait more than 5 business days was during Christmas or when sellers take the full 2 business days to ship. If a seller for each doesn’t ship in 2 business days (for Stock x) or 3 business days (GOAT) the sell can be canceled by the buyer. GOAT uses basically the same timetable as Stock X so it really is more about sellers shipping and where you live as far as which is faster.

As far as selling, I would sell on Stock X because GOAT has a final payout fee that Stock X does not have. If people are paying more on GOAT then it could be worth paying the final payout fee. All in all you’re looking at around 12.5% taken from Stock X and around 13.5% taken from GOAT when you sell. I do prefer it to eBay though because you deal with a lot of crappy buyers on eBay. I like buying on eBay and have dealt with crappy sellers as well. If you don’t accept buyers with 0% feedback on eBay you are usually okay and the fee is about 10% taken at the end of the month for them.

I am sorry if I gave too much information but I will try to answer any questions if there’s still stuff you want to know
On the money

Wow, thank you so much!!! That’s exceedingly helpful, I really appreciate it. Cheers, brother!

^ stockx customer service is much better though in my opinion. They respond very quickly to emails. Goat sent me the wrong shoes, and it’s been 2 weeks and they still haven’t responded.
From my experience GOAT’s customer service is better is slightly better but I haven’t always thought that way. I used to prefer Stock X because GOAT often would take days to answer. During the past few months though I have preferred GOAT’s customer service. They have answered any questions within an hour of me asking and have gotten a supervisor by the end of the day if they can’t answer. Stock X may respond quicker but they give these really annoying scripted responses that usually don’t answer my question. I always have to ask again to actually get my question answered and then they give an actual response rather than the scripted response.

It’s probably just toss up as far as customer service goes and just depends on what’s going on that day.

Id like to have this problem damn lucky guy
Debating on selling OG Presto or OW Chicago 1. Tomorrow I complete the Presto set. Don't know which one to get rid of. Rather have the money from one and keep one. Tough decision, a lucky one too since this isn't really a problem

Wow, thank you so much!!! That’s exceedingly helpful, I really appreciate it. Cheers, brother!
No problem. Glad I could help. I have dealt more with Stock X than with GOAT and do prefer Stock X for most things. I find their app user friendly and like checking it even if I’m not buying just because it’s fun to see how the shoe market is fluctuating. I also like that if you check their actual website, they show how many people are bidding at each price and how many sellers are selling at each price. It’s good info to have and with GOAT you just know what the lowest asking price and highest bids are. They don’t even track recent sales for each size in a way that’s visible. It looks like they do but it really is just recent sales of all sizes without giving specifics if that makes sense

Nordstrom has super low stock and probably alot backdoored to clients/F&F. Not expecting alot of winners from there

Goat also has Affirm, which means you’re paying like 10% APR over 12 months or something.

Back
Top Bottom