Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

This

It's called don't spend it if you don't have it. It is not a hard concept.

You use this same concept when buying a house too? Pretty sure 99% of people buying a house don’t have enough to pay for all of it at once.

Financing shoes for a kid could be a way for them to build credit early.

In retrospect if you dropping hundreds on shoes all together its a dumb decision. Putting them on credit cards yeah bad move, I think everyone in this thread especially needs to come to the realization that we got an expensive hobby...lol. Me included.

You use this same concept when buying a house too? Pretty sure 99% of people buying a house don’t have enough to pay for all of it at once.

Yes i save up to fully buy a house in cash as well.....

No one should ever encourage a kid to get into debt to build credit for a pair of shoes. They should learn the more important lesson here of saving money. Not spending money you don't have. And not giving a financing company money when you can just save up for a few months and pay resale anyway. If my kid ever came to me and said they financed a pair of sneakers id kick them out of my house

Just walked into this thread and read about the financing stuff.

I agree with many others here: don't do it. Finance on things that are a necessity in life and save up for the accessories, and then once you have enough, then buy it. Wanna keep up with the others? **** that. Social media is an influencer, too. Dont try to "be one of the first out of many" to have a picture on day one. That's your mind getting ate up.

if a house cost 850k, not many people would have the cash to pay it off at once. thats why people do mortgages, it allows you buy the house and builds your credit.

Well, if you're a kid with a job at shoprite and you really want a pair of shoes, I could see why they would go this route. I guess it depends on how responsible the kid can be.
A kid with 1k+ sneakers is wild to me.

Hell even 800

I could kinda understand like 5 or 600 but that’s only because that’s how much a system with a few games/ extra controller might run :lol:

People just live different tho.

Yes but the structure for purchasing a Home is built specifically because 99% of people couldn’t afford to buy their home in cash. Banks make money off of the interest and since most people keep and live in their homes for years (and get value out of it, obviously), most have no problem paying a mortgage where principle towards the loan is only a part of it.

Shiett, when I was a kid, I'd only have one shoe I would have to wear down to the ground before the folks would cop me a new one. Made me appreciate sneakers more so now, I have the income to cop whatever I want.

the kids crazy now, I couldn't be spending 800 on no sneakers as a kid. was struggling to cop 2 Ecko tees or G-unit jeans lol

Shiett, when I was a kid, I'd only have one shoe I would have to wear down to the ground before the folks would cop me a new one. Made me appreciate sneakers more so now, I have the income to cop whatever I want.

the kids crazy now, I couldn't be spending 800 on no sneakers. was struggling to cop 2 Ecko tees or G-unit jeans lol

me and you both man .. used to get one pair of sneakers for the school year .. as i got older i was getting two .. but that made me appreciate it so much more now

I’ve used affirm on a few pairs of shoes, the overall interest isn’t really that bad on a pair of $700 pair of shoes. I paid the shoes off in 3-6 month periods by skipping out on GR releases. Hell, skipping out on 3 crappy GR Jordan releases will get you that one pair of OW prestos you want.

Now, if you’re trying to buy a lot of shoes using affirm in a short period of time and burying yourself in debt, then it’s not a good idea. But i or no one else in here can judge anyone else’s finances. As long as you’re making purchases you know you can pay off, i don’t see a problem with it.

me and you both man .. used to get one pair of sneakers for the school year .. as i got older i was getting two .. but that made me appreciate it so much more now

I used to get every sneaker I wanted as a kid, still appreciate getting any sneaker I want now. It's just all up to the individual.

Back
Top Bottom