Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Man Nike is a Fortune 500 company. They could do this event/release flawlessly if they wanted to.
Outside of people being mad they aren't being able to go, it doesn't sound like the event is bad at all.

Outside of people being mad they aren't being able to go, it doesn't sound like the event is bad at all.

Oh so people just salty? I'm thinking **** is in shambles :rofl:

Wasn't there a tweet posted in here quoting Virgil and he didn't even know what was going on with the release?

Oh so people just salty? I'm thinking **** is in shambles :rofl:

Wasn't there a tweet posted in here quoting Virgil and he didn't even know what was going on with the release?
I didn't see it but I wouldn't read much into it if he doesn't. He has next to nothing to do with the release. He just designed them, Nike is handling all the release side of it.

The Off White extra credit event, you had to show them your confirmation email for the booking and supply the cashier with the email associated with the booking to get your pair made.

I was 4th person to purchase earlier today , unless they started doing it later on they never asked to show email or any information regarding reg. Account .. only thing they did was ask for your info and they wrote it down on a sheet of people , name , email , model , size and phone number , they also asked cashier for transaction number and noted it on the paper next to your name ...

I was 4th person to purchase earlier today , unless they started doing it later on they never asked to show email or any information regarding reg. Account .. only thing they did was ask for your info and they wrote it down on a sheet of people , name , email , model , size and phone number , they also asked cashier for transaction number and noted it on the paper next to your name ...
I think they started to check due to few people on line that weren't confirm for the booking waiting in line

Why can't Nike act like a legitimate company and get their **** together on these releases

Welp..... Im. kinda salty now. Peak levels will be reached if they sell them at tomorrows event.

Also pairs hitting ebay like lighting as we speak.

What have they done that upsets you other than you not getting an invite?
It's not just this it's every event they have are basically just for VIP or resellers that pay off them. They do nothing to stop it compared to adidas, because adidas knows having these events is worse than not even having them

I actually think the workshop idea Nike is doing here is really cool. The only thing that personally bothers me about releases of this caliber is that proximity to a large city is (basically) the only factor involved in getting a pair. Not just these, but all major releases these days. I shouldn't have to be in a select city to have a chance at getting a pair. ****in send the things to Footlocker in Alaska for christs sake, or Finishline in Wyoming. They're going to sell regardless, give a chance to the people who otherwise wouldn't have one.

I'm in New Hampshire and it's hard enough for me, online is the only option. I head down to Bodega and Concepts in Boston when I can, but they backdoor anyway. Anyway, that's my rant on major releases.

As for "The Ten," I love the prestos, vapormaxes, Blazers, and 1's and certainly hope that an online release is incoming. With 10 different pairs available, I have to assume stock will be large enough to at least grab one.

It's not just this it's every event they have are basically just for VIP or resellers that pay off them. They do nothing to stop it compared to adidas, because adidas knows having these events is worse than not even having them
Several people from this thread went to the event today. Are some of the people going resellers? Sure. There's no way to stop that. Let's be honest, a lot of people that aren't resellers will be resellers on this pair if they are going for $2k+. That's just how it is now. There's a difference in liking the shoe and liking it more than $2k.

lol @ comparing it to Adidas, who makes small batch after small batch while letting their site get eaten by reseller bots.

I actually think the workshop idea Nike is doing here is really cool. The only thing that personally bothers me about releases of this caliber is that proximity to a large city is (basically) the only factor involved in getting a pair. Not just these, but all major releases these days. I shouldn't have to be in a select city to have a chance at getting a pair. ****in send the things to Footlocker in Alaska for christs sake, or Finishline in Wyoming. They're going to sell regardless, give a chance to the people who otherwise wouldn't have one.

I'm in New Hampshire and it's hard enough for me, online is the only option. I head down to Bodega and Concepts in Boston when I can, but they backdoor anyway. Anyway, that's my rant on major releases.

As for "The Ten," I love the prestos, vapormaxes, Blazers, and 1's and certainly hope that an online release is incoming. With 10 different pairs available, I have to assume stock will be large enough to at least grab one.
My issue is it's ALWAYS NYC. I get that it's the biggest city in the USA but damn, spread the love. Even if they just added Miami, Atlanta, LA, Houston, and Chicago to the mix. Just not NYC every single time.

Several people from this thread went to the event today. Are some of the people going resellers? Sure. There's no way to stop that. Let's be honest, a lot of people that aren't resellers will be resellers on this pair if they are going for $2k+. That's just how it is now. There's a difference in liking the shoe and liking it more than $2k.

lol @ comparing it to Adidas, who makes small batch after small batch while letting their site get eaten by reseller bots.
Nobody from this thread went to the event yet and copped one of the 5 shoes . The only event that they did et shoes at was the extra credit one

Nobody from this thread went to the event yet and copped one of the 5 shoes . The only event that they did et shoes at was the extra credit one
One of the guys here was at the Extra Credit event. He just left before they started selling pairs bc he didn't know. Bottom line, selling one pair to one person in person is by far the most fair way to sell these. I understand people get salty bc they see others getting a pair but it's really hard to knock Nike for how this has gone.

My issue is it's ALWAYS NYC. I get that it's the biggest city in the USA but damn, spread the love. Even if they just added Miami, Atlanta, LA, Houston, and Chicago to the mix. Just not NYC every single time.
its not just nyc , the royals was in atlanta and Houston, the clots was in L.A, the don c's was in La yall just hating

One of the guys here was at the Extra Credit event. He just left before they started selling pairs bc he didn't know. Bottom line, selling one pair to one person in person is by far the most fair way to sell these. I understand people get salty bc they see others getting a pair but it's really hard to knock Nike for how this has gone.
He wouldn't have got it at the extra credit event as that was at nike lab and you could only cop today at the pop up

Back
Top Bottom