Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

69EA69A2-FAFB-44AB-ADAA-54F0B0ECFF27.jpeg

Hypefest ready

long story short, I had planned my Greece vacation a while back but still did the empty gallery and ended up winning by the grace of God. I gave my boy my id and he finessed the match the credit card and id somehow. I owe him a super solid now and a lannister always pays their debt. I also ended up misplacing my camera en route and been going back and forth with the airline about my camera and lenses. They finally got back to me after about 19 emails tell me it was left at my departure counter and is waiting for me when i return. I would love to have my camera while I was here but i’m still hype af that I got my Hallows and my camera back.
98D98692-EE15-475C-9DCB-FA75E88C1918.gif

Funnily enough this is my fav from the collection. I am a bit biased towards the air max 97 it was the first pair of Nikes my dad ever bought men (had the blue and silver ones)
Agree.

The design aesthetic is ghosting. Essentially taking existing design elements and making them more transparent. Anyone who thinks this is lazy must think the entire ghosting series is lazy...it’s a clever execution of a classic and pays off the theme perfectly.

I think saying that a design is lazy, without actually spending time with the shoe or trying to design a shoe to ladder up to a specific theme (and still have it look dope), is lazy.

The design aesthetic is ghosting. Essentially taking existing design elements and making them more transparent. Anyone who thinks this is lazy must think the entire ghosting series is lazy because it’s a clever execution of a classic and pays off the theme perfectly. I think saying that a design is lazy without actually spending time with the shoe or trying to design a shoe to ladder up to a specific theme (and still have it look dope) is lazy.
I agree with what you say, to me a lot of the 97 the originals released didn’t really make me think I must have them, but these with even the bigger swoosh made them just pop, the only design I personally wasn’t crazy about were the AF1 but that’s mainly because I’ve never been a fan of AF1

Agree.

The design aesthetic is ghosting. Essentially taking existing design elements and making them more transparent. Anyone who thinks this is lazy must think the entire ghosting series is lazy...it’s a clever execution of a classic and pays off the theme perfectly.

I think saying that a design is lazy, without actually spending time with the shoe or trying to design a shoe to ladder up to a specific theme (and still have it look dope), is lazy.

Naw dawg, its lazy. :lol:

1. AJ1
  2. PRESTO
  3. BLAZER
  4. 97
  5. 90
  6. VAPORMAX
  7. AF1
  8. CHUCKS
  9. ZOOMFLY
  10. HYPERDUNK
The worst offwhite is the hyperdunk not a fan of the silhouette I heard its a great basketball sneaker though.

To each his own. I just think the Jordan 1, Presto and Blazer are bat sh*t crazy design wise with that whole deconstructed look it really fits those sneakers really well they look nothing like the original pairs. The 97 is my favorite ghosting pair but the original is my 3rd favorite of the colorways. With the Mentas being 1 the Serenas 2nd these 3rd and the black pair 4th.
He might of been able to do better on the 97s dude there was so much you can do with that pair with the layers on it. It looks like Virgil is gonna start doing new silhouettes too. I hope he does an AM1 and a 95 and a cortez as far as Jordan's I would really love to see a pair of air jordan 2s. They get no love ever and they would look nuts deconstructed to me.

Last edited:
To each his own. I just think the Jordan 1, Presto and Blazer are bat sh*t crazy design wise with that whole deconstructed look it really fits those sneakers really well they look nothing like the original pairs. The 97 is my favorite ghosting pair but the original is my 3rd favorite of the colorways. With the Mentas being 1 the Serenas 2nd these 3rd and the black pair 4th.
He might of been able to do better on the 97s dude there was so much you can do with that pair with the layers on it. It looks like Virgil is gonna start doing new silhouettes too. I hope he does an AM1 and a 95 and a cortez as far as Jordan's I would really love to see a pair of air jordan 2s. They get no love ever and they would look nuts deconstructed to me.
I do like the prestos but I just think the 97 go well with so much more

AJ1
Presto
VaporMax
AF1
Blazer
ZF
HD
Chuck

For me.

I think of the all blacks that the 90 will actually be the best of the bunch. There are so many textures, materials, details on that shoe. It’s going to look outstanding. Ditto for the Af1

If I were to rank the black cw (based on the og and images we’ve seen)

Af1
Presto
Blazer
97 (the greys are more appealing for me)
Zoom fly

Back
Top Bottom