Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Crazy how a billion dollars company either can’t or won’t do something about this. I hope they do invest in something that will combat people that abuse their system. It’s really unfair to loyal fans that play by the rules.
it does suck. Like I said there are little things that Nike can implement in order to stop these guys.
A few off the top of my head
- Ban forwarder addresses
- Ban virtual cards such as privacy (easy to blanket ban since all of them use the same first 4 digits)
- Make it so you have to reverify your account every so often upon sign in
- Require something more than just clicking a button to enter the draw, be it an image captcha or touch/Face ID or Android fingerprint scanning (unsure about how android fingerprinting technology and how open it is for apps to use or how widespread it is on devices)
- Honestly just some sort of human verification upon entering the draw (obviously not possible to a 100% degree as even Supreme gets botted with all their anti bot measures)
- Only allowing accounts that have a number matching the locale they are in the enter the draw

Just something that cuts down on how easy it is to enter thousands of accounts in 30 minutes

They did start to ban Chinese phone numbers recently. So at least they are starting to take necessary steps in stopping something. They canceled a ton of Wotherspoon orders which used them.

A LOT more changes need to happen, as stated above by FullMax97 FullMax97
Is that the reason why they delayed my shipping on the SW, because they were verifying winners?

Last edited by a moderator:
They did start to ban Chinese phone numbers recently. So at least they are starting to take necessary steps in stopping something. They canceled a ton of Wotherspoon orders which used them.

A LOT more changes need to happen, as stated above by FullMax97 FullMax97
They’re banning individual numbers but I have a few friends that hit with them. I’m suggesting an entire blanket ban of Chinese number use in the UK and US SNKRS apps

^^^^ supreme has actually been doing A FANTASTIC job these past few seasons man. There even stopping many autofills to make it fair ...
Tbh supreme even has a better system then the draw

To reliably get that many pairs they either
A - Backdoored a Store, but they are in the US so I doubt that’s what they did
B - Cashed people out
C - Invested thousands of dollars into SNKRS accounts to enter the draw and then forwarded them to themselves

I think option C is the most likely. Really sucks that in this day and age to even have a chance at the draw you need to invested a few hundred to a thousand dollars into accounts. I believe it’s something like 5¢-10¢ per account to generate the numbers with the current methods (An app that uses Chinese numbers). I’ve seen people say on this drop that with 15000 accounts they only hit something like 15 pairs. So in the end that’s something like $1500 in accounts alone and that’s not even including proxies and bots.

Why do you doubt backdooring happens in the US? Isn't that how Allen Kuo was getting his pairs?

Look at this **** smh...
D09EE977-1BEA-418A-BE09-C9B0D4FEDD8C.jpeg

giphy.gif

it does suck. Like I said there are little things that Nike can implement in order to stop these guys.
A few off the top of my head
- Ban forwarder addresses
- Ban virtual cards such as privacy (easy to blanket ban since all of them use the same first 4 digits)
- Make it so you have to reverify your account every so often upon sign in
- Require something more than just clicking a button to enter the draw, be it an image captcha or touch/Face ID or Android fingerprint scanning (unsure about how android fingerprinting technology and how open it is for apps to use or how widespread it is on devices)
- Honestly just some sort of human verification upon entering the draw (obviously not possible to a 100% degree as even Supreme gets botted with all their anti bot measures)
- Only allowing accounts that have a number matching the locale they are in the enter the draw

Just something that cuts down on how easy it is to enter thousands of accounts in 30 minutes
Agree with all of this. I don't know what the answer is but I fully agree the companies need to do a better job at giving everyone an equal chance and cutting down on the people there are getting 20+ pairs. That part is 100% on the companies.

Decided to hang around SF Union Square after going to undftd and I saw someone wearing the OW Prestos with the StockX tag still on but didn’t have the zip tie. SMH...Haha!

How was UNDFTD SF? I decided not to go and just enter raffles online. Probably gonna regret it lol :lol:

How was UNDFTD SF? I decided not to go and just enter raffles online. Probably gonna regret it lol :lol:
It was ok, the usual...get your tix and enter online. I don’t know why I bother going early and stand in line when it's handed out till 5. Good area to hang out and grab brunch at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that on twitter too. Are they legit you think. I thought my Chicago ow1’s came in a diff box (won the raffle on an off size so didn’t keep them). Or was it OG like in the pic?
White OW AJ1 came in that box
I think theyre legit but he might not have paid retail on all of them

The milky toe was the greatest era of sneakers.

They defended that clown randy till the release came out and they all got fake concords.

To reliably get that many pairs they either
A - Backdoored a Store, but they are in the US so I doubt that’s what they did
B - Cashed people out
C - Invested thousands of dollars into SNKRS accounts to enter the draw and then forwarded them to themselves

I think option C is the most likely. Really sucks that in this day and age to even have a chance at the draw you need to invested a few hundred to a thousand dollars into accounts. I believe it’s something like 5¢-10¢ per account to generate the numbers with the current methods (An app that uses Chinese numbers). I’ve seen people say on this drop that with 15000 accounts they only hit something like 15 pairs. So in the end that’s something like $1500 in accounts alone and that’s not even including proxies and bots.

How does option C work with payment methods? Are all the accounts linked to the same card?

How does option C work with payment methods? Are all the accounts linked to the same card?

You can easily just load each account with gift cards.

But I’m sure there are more efficient ways where you don’t need to have the sunk costs.

Back
Top Bottom