Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

UPS finally has my ow from undefeated supposed to be here Monday. Undefeated lives to cancel I was getting worried

With all due respect (and I know I'm perhaps grossly late to the discussion, as this collaboration has been out for a while now), but can someone tell me what all the fuss is about on these Off-white x Nike shoes? I know there's some sort of artistic "intentionality" and use of humor going on with the unnecessary zip ties and superfluous labels, but it just seems to me that the shoes probably won't be considered desirable by very many if they were mass produced. Thoughts?
I kind of find Mr. Abloh humorless, but then again, I'm not a design disciple, so what do I know. Whether Virgil is a genius or not, consensus right now is, that he is and since he is making money and a name for himself, maybe he truly is. Part of me is just riding by the wave, but since I already like the Vapormax and own several pairs, I just attempt to get the Off-White version as a novelty pair in my rotation.

373AD765-08E5-4405-9171-87EECC9ABDE2.png

One of my biggest sneaker related regrets is selling my prestos. Not only do I wish I kept them to rock, but I sold them for $1000 in December and now they’re going for $1300-1500

One of my biggest sneaker related regrets is selling my prestos. Not only do I wish I kept them to rock, but I sold them for $1000 in December and now they’re going for $1300-1500
Not worse than selling Turtle Doves for 700 or Travis AF1s for 280.

I kind of find Mr. Abloh humorless, but then again, I'm not a design disciple, so what do I know. Whether Virgil is a genius or not, consensus right now is, that he is and since he is making money and a name for himself, maybe he truly is. Part of me is just riding by the wave, but since I already like the Vapormax and own several pairs, I just attempt to get the Off-White version as a novelty pair in my rotation.

Watch his Harvard speech.. not the entire thing, its wayy to long imo and he's so dry that its painful..give it 20 min, you'll get the gist of what he's all about... he also talks about his use of "irony" ..

I'll save you the pain of trying to find it..

@37min he talks about the AJ1 and goes through most of The 10 collection...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom