Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

7BD84DF4-1614-4FE4-AED4-4ABC937F63DA.jpeg

So I bought converses on StockX Saturday and just got refunded saying issues with the seller. Prices have gone up considerably and I’m pissed

I'll never understand why sites have random restocks like that. Why reward an out of state reseller that's running a bot 24/7 on your site rather than rewarding a customer that walks in to spend money in your store on a Monday afternoon?

So I bought converses on StockX Saturday and just got refunded saying issues with the seller. Prices have gone up considerably and I’m pissed

Ask them to find you another pair for that price, I believe they advertise doing that service. They supposedly get 15% from the seller than cancelled, so that should cover the difference.

Ask them to find you another pair for that price, I believe they advertise doing that service. They supposedly get 15% from the seller than cancelled, so that should cover the difference.

I've heard people mention this once or twice before but it wouldn't really make any sense for them to offer this unless it's on a case by case basis and they happen to already have the shoe in their inventory from a return or something. It would be way too easy for people to manipulate.

You as a seller could open two accounts, or just have a friend in cahoots with you. You list a shoe you don't even have, for the low, your other account buys it immediately, once stockx realizes you aren't gonna ship, they cancel that order & then have to find the "buyer" (ie. you) a pair at the fake low price you listed. People would be using it for all kinds of rare grails & whatnot if it was a blanket policy, even with the 15% penalty it would be still be worth it for the really rare, high value stuff.

If they were to offer a replacement, I'd assume it would be offered in the initial email about the problem w/ the seller, as opposed to something you can request of them.

Would be interested to see if anyone has actually gotten a replacement provided by stockx or goat. I know they both have "consignment" stock on hand from various sources so it could very well just be a case by case thing based on current value of the shoe vs price you paid.

Okay, this is in their own words:
https://help.stockx.com/buying-on-s...ss-days-and-the-seller-hasnt-shipped-what-now

If something happens and your item can’t be delivered within a reasonable amount of time, we will attempt to find you another pair at no additional cost, or provide a full refund.

It wouldn't hurt to e-mail them and explain that you'd really appreciate if they found a replacement. You'd be surprised what you can get in life if you just ask, and be persistent (to a reasonable point), instead of just giving up at the first sign of resistance.

I've heard people mention this once or twice before but it wouldn't really make any sense for them to offer this unless it's on a case by case basis and they happen to already have the shoe in their inventory from a return or something. It would be way too easy for people to manipulate.

You as a seller could open two accounts, or just have a friend in cahoots with you. You list a shoe you don't even have, for the low, your other account buys it immediately, once stockx realizes you aren't gonna ship, they cancel that order & then have to find the "buyer" (ie. you) a pair at the fake low price you listed. People would be using it for all kinds of rare grails & whatnot if it was a blanket policy, even with the 15% penalty it would be still be worth it for the really rare, high value stuff.

If they were to offer a replacement, I'd assume it would be offered in the initial email about the problem w/ the seller, as opposed to something you can request of them.

Would be interested to see if anyone has actually gotten a replacement provided by stockx or goat. I know they both have "consignment" stock on hand from various sources so it could very well just be a case by case thing based on current value of the shoe vs price you paid.
StockX replaced a pair of the undefeated Kobe’s that a seller failed to ship (after the Mamba day restock when prices dipped) despite the fact I had paid around $70 less than the next lowest ask - so it’s definitely possible. I also assume prices will dip on the OW Converse this week when folks get their raffle pairs in (or potential buyers decide $1000 is a bit much to pay for some converse and bring the market down a bit)

StockX replaced a pair of the undefeated Kobe’s that a seller failed to ship (after the Mamba day restock when prices dipped) despite the fact I had paid around $70 less than the next lowest ask - so it’s definitely possible. I also assume prices will dip on the OW Converse this week when folks get their raffle pairs in (or potential buyers decide $1000 is a bit much to pay for some converse and bring the market down a bit)

And when they replaced them, they offered it to you almost immediately correct? As opposed to you having to request it from them...

And when they replaced them, they offered it to you almost immediately correct? As opposed to you having to request it from them...
Yep, they gave me the option for a refund or to look for another pair at no additional cost - I actually asked for a refund and they said it’s always their preference to get you the shoes you wanted and they got them (think it was the next day) It’s definitely worth asking if you want the pair

They will not replace or say they can’t find replacement so I’m SOL and they refunded me. So now it’s anout $155 higher

Yep, they gave me the option for a refund or to look for another pair at no additional cost - I actually asked for a refund and they said it’s always their preference to get you the shoes you wanted and they got them (think it was the next day) It’s definitely worth asking if you want the pair
That’s a finesse on their part. You’re not getting finessed but they get that 15% from the flakey seller plus your bread.

That’s a finesse on their part. You’re not getting finessed but they get that 15% from the flakey seller plus your bread.

Unless that 15% covers the gap between the next cheapest price for the shoe and size in question. If you want a refund, that's when they return your money but still cop a 15% fee from the seller

I assumed they weren't buying pairs on the market to use as replacements but rather pulling from the pairs they already have on hand due to returns and whatnot.

I assumed they weren't buying pairs on the market to use as replacements but rather pulling from the pairs they already have on hand due to returns and whatnot.
I thought so too but then the next day got a seller shipped email and then it took a few days for the received for authentication email. If nothing else you should get free shipping for the OWs which can help offset the cost a bit (still think they will dip in cost later this week when more pairs are in hand) maybe you’ll end up with a better deal than you originally had (wishful thinking I know)

I’m inpatient and pissed so went ahead and purchased for $900. Originally for $745 and already had free shipping due to it being my 6th buy. They’ve made over $2000 on my purchases and my pairs that I sold. They screwed me out of $155 I feel like

Back
Top Bottom