Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

why do i always get quoted by the weirdos on nt?
the man asked for an opinion and i gave mine, if you disagree then how about being helpful to his question and explain why your dainty ballerina feet couldn't handle the 97s. please don't quote my posts and keep your bs comments to yourself!
"when i was pushin' weight, back in '88......"

I’m mad but not mad if that makes sense.

Nike been disappointing for a while.

I even called on Friday to double check the order. They said the Memphis incident had things backed up for about a week. They sent a survey related to the call. I gave a bad review after the cancellation and they sent a 20% off coupon. I can’t make this up lol. I see Nice-kicks tweeted about cancellations so it seems this happened to quite a few folks.

DBD1B0C2-36F8-4F30-A9A4-C1911A7B1BF6.jpeg
And they wonder why people robbing trailers….which was where my pair was probably taken from!!!

Last edited:

I even called on Friday to double check the orders. They said the Memphis incident had things backed up for about a week. They sent a survey related to the call. I gave a bad review after the cancellation and they sent a 20% off coupon. I can’t make this up lol. I see Nice-kicks tweeted about cancellations so it seems this happened to quite a few folks.

And they wonder why people robbing trailers….which was where my pair was probably taken from!!!
That sucks so much man, sorry to hear that. :frown:

why do i always get quoted by the weirdos on nt?
the man asked for an opinion and i gave mine, if you disagree then how about being helpful to his question and explain why your dainty ballerina feet couldn't handle the 97s. please don't quote my posts and keep your bs comments to yourself!

Ya'll BK dudes would ball in Timbs and be proud, but that dont make you tough and it doesnt exactly make you smart either :lol: .

Nah fam, its a WAY more common opinion that the OW 97s are bricks on feet. In fact, you might be one of the first who says they are comfier than regular 97s. I mean just feel the material on the upper. :lol: I actually had this convo with another NTer on this topic a few pages ago saying the same thing how these are bricks on feet.

Last edited:

I even called on Friday to double check the order. They said the Memphis incident had things backed up for about a week. They sent a survey related to the call. I gave a bad review after the cancellation and they sent a 20% off coupon. I can’t make this up lol. I see Nice-kicks tweeted about cancellations so it seems this happened to quite a few folks.

WOW!!!! My heart hurts for you LOL. That effin sucks

Holy ****, not sure I would've publicly announced an L like this. Worst L I've seen in a long time 😲

WOW!!!! My heart hurts for you LOL. That effin sucks

So my lil cousin suddenly passed away and hitting these on SNKRS definitely cheered me up and then boom a cancellation. I said welp it wasn’t meant to be. Luckily life goes on and on to the next. I got too many other things to be thankful for. And Nike gone always do Nike crap smh.

Lol this aint a L bruh. Been through much worse. But I do want folks to see how Nike does its customers as it relates to SNKRS app purchases…especially for a shoe of this magnitude.
I mean I get we all been thru worse **** but that's why you can never get hyped until shoes actually make it to your hands. Nike be on some bull **** with these limited got ema, only to get cancelled after. Smh my condolences too bruh 💯

nah all the trailer stolen pairs were unreleased shoes. There were a sudden boom in bulk sell of these few unreleased jordans that was coming up. Calling Nike probably didn't help your case, but if your order hadn't shipped this late past the release, likely it was gonna get cancelled anyway whether you contacted them or not. I've had OW dunks cancelled by Nike/SNKRS.

On the other subject. OW 97's are uncomfortable to me. The lack of padding and just straight up feeling the fuse overlay made them stiff to me. I'm sure if you wore them enough and broken them in, they could be comfortable because its still an air max at the end of the day. But definitely not a top 5 comfy OW model imo.

On the other subject. OW 97's are uncomfortable to me. The lack of padding and just straight up feeling the fuse overlay made them stiff to me. I'm sure if you wore them enough and broken them in, they could be comfortable because its still an air max at the end of the day. But definitely not a top 5 comfy OW model imo.

Yes (both). Need pics? Which pair of the lots were you looking to purchase?

I own both would say unlv tbh

king shady king shady

I have both the UNLV and Lot 5, UNLV leather seems thin but its not, really good quality on those, but on my lot 5's I have a factory defect, only one of my shoes has the silver embossed on the side ie the FA_ part.

I'd go with the Lots, one of my favorite sets from the OW line and dunk series in general. I have a few Lots and it can be different feel just from switching the over-laces.
My bad for the delayed response gents. Been going thru it. I ended up copping the UNLV's off a local Bay Area shop for $700 (size 10). Trade in a few pairs I wasn't wearing and only paid $300 out of pocket, so not too too bad... I def want a pair of suede Lot's, I just can't make up my mind which. The color configurations are damn bizarre and none of them really mesh well lol.

My bad for the delayed response gents. Been going thru it. I ended up copping the UNLV's off a local Bay Area shop for $700 (size 10). Trade in a few pairs I wasn't wearing and only paid $300 out of pocket, so not too too bad... I def want a pair of suede Lot's, I just can't make up my mind which. The color configurations are damn bizarre and none of them really mesh well lol.
I hope everything is ok brother. . . Glad you ended up getting a pair.

I have lot 5 and 15 - leather is fine too; dont rule it out. my favorite lots are 49 (shytts hella expensive), 34 and 37.

Last edited:
I hope everything is ok brother. . . Glad you ended up getting a pair.

I have lot 5 and 15 - leather is fine too; dont rule it out. my favorite lots are 49 (shytts hella expensive), 34 and 37.
4 year break up man. It’s tough… feeling for my gf right now. It’s hard.

4 year break up man. It’s tough… feeling for my gf right now. It’s hard.

Ahhhh, so you broke it off with her/fell out of love (only time a man feels that way).

Been there. 4 1/2 years with my first ride/die (she gave me her everything and i was a horrible human being during the duration, so it was better I called it off in lieu of staying in it for convenience/the benefits/fearing of breaking her heart - on some D. Jones "Where I Wanna Be/ 98* "Hardest Thing I Ever Had To Do" type steeze).

She used the breakup to fuel her fire and went being a paralegal, to going to law school and is now a prestigious corporate attorney for the Boeing co. (I reached out to her right when the pandemic/first lockdown hit, that's how i know - but we never reconnected, she was done... and i was hurt, but reap what you sow/live with your consequence --- all ragrets for your boy).

The guilt, shame and resentment towards myself had me going through it (didn't help that it was during the pandemic as well).

Fast fwd - 2 anos later:

So when I thought that it was over for me to find a true love (especially, at the time, at my very late 30's)... i gave up on it/love, right after my 40th beeday, momma from up above blessed me with a second chance.

Met a gal back in June and, while it's semi long distance (3 1/2 hours her locale from moi)... i'm willing to be patient to make it work (she's a recent divorcee, so we both have trauma/recent issues we're both unpacking). But she has a very kind heart, loving eyes, extremely family orientaled (she's a latina specimen) and has a tremendously succulent frame (well, she's kinda pear-shaped/refridgerator style built body... but it's food to me! Hee hee hee).

The crazy thing is... this one was also a paralegal is now the county court office something (she oversees all the paralegals for her county, forgot the title. lol).

Even though I only get to see her once a month, i always try to wear some pair of Off -Whites (but usually, it just ends up being one of my dingy shoes because I only have a couple Virgil-led/inspired designs).

Short story short... that sucks that your order got cancelled.

*hugs?*

Ahhhh, so you broke it off with her/fell out of love (only time a man feels that way).

Been there. 4 1/2 years with my first ride/die (she gave me her everything and i was a horrible human being during the duration, so it was better I called it off in lieu of staying in it for convenience/the benefits/fearing of breaking her heart - on some D. Jones "Where I Wanna Be/ 98* "Hardest Thing I Ever Had To Do" type steeze).

She used the breakup to fuel her fire and went being a paralegal, to going to law school and is now a prestigious corporate attorney for the Boeing co. (I reached out to her right when the pandemic/first lockdown hit, that's how i know - but we never reconnected, she was done... and i was hurt, but reap what you sow/live with your consequence --- all ragrets for your boy).

The guilt, shame and resentment towards myself had me going through it (didn't help that it was during the pandemic as well).

Fast fwd - 2 anos later:

So when I thought that it was over for me to find a true love (especially, at the time, at my very late 30's)... i gave up on it/love, right after my 40th beeday, momma from up above blessed me with a second chance.

Met a gal back in June and, while it's semi long distance (3 1/2 hours her locale from moi)... i'm willing to be patient to make it work (she's a recent divorcee, so we both have trauma/recent issues we're both unpacking). But she has a very kind heart, loving eyes, extremely family orientaled (she's a latina specimen) and has a tremendously succulent frame (well, she's kinda pear-shaped/refridgerator style built body... but it's food to me! Hee hee hee).

The crazy thing is... this one was also a paralegal is now the county court office something (she oversees all the paralegals for her county, forgot the title. lol).

Even though I only get to see her once a month, i always try to wear some pair of Off -Whites (but usually, it just ends up being one of my dingy shoes because I only have a couple Virgil-led/inspired designs).

Short story short... that sucks that your order got cancelled.

*hugs?*

Pics of the pears

of Off-Whites?

Back
Top Bottom