Nike x Tom Sachs Collab

When things got goofy with Adidas and Kanye I got rid of the few Yeezy's I had left. Not because I picked sides, because who cares. Just because the shenanigans on both sides made it more weird than wearing a pair of Yeezy's already is🤣. So I really didn't care letting those go in the least bit.

......but, if I pull the trigger on these I'm definitely going to miss them. I was skeptical of the design at first but, as a new-ish dad the GPS worked really well into my sneaker rotation. And ticked all the boxes for me as dad that happens to be a sneaker head. Comfortable, durable, could take a thrashing and still look dope, and they had just enough if you know you know heat on them that we all like to feel like you have something special on feet and break a neck every now and again. They look great on foot as well. Tom Sachs you silly bastard. Just had to go and ruin a good thing didn't you 😡.

Came across this watching the complex podcast. So you remember that cool duct tape tab on the 2.0 box lid — It had a strip running along the inside of the box as well… that was a total cover up for the mention of “working like a slave”

I can’t believe this got so far down the approval process and then they were like hmmm maybe we should fix this. If you pull back your tape it’s barely visible. But it’s there.

This whole thing kills me. I really respected this guys work. Got to meet him at space camp for the launch of the 2.0 and we even walked our dogs together in the neighborhood once (I just happened to live a block away from him). The MY are a top 5 all time for me, the creator however is a piece of garbage.
IMG_4545.jpeg

Last edited:
...people suddenly developing a conscious about sneakers...ya'll know who actually makes Nike sneakers, right?
like, ALL Nike sneakers?
it ain't some nice M-F, 9-5 job, in some air conditioned factory, with health benefits...

So your argument is if we have imperfect morals we should just not try at all, and go ahead with zero morals?

Yeah, nah, that’s trash.

No. It’s textbook “whataboutism,” used to excuse poor behavior/morals. That’s not a valid argument.

You can’t say “what about that other thing,” and that magically makes the first thing okay.

Any way, I liked some of Toms designs, but not enough to excuse his horrible behavior. I’ll catch y’all in other threads. Peace.

Last edited:
I think the point is if you have morals use them.

Don’t use fake morals to signal righteousness because it’s the current hot topic.
That's exactly what's happening though. People are exercising moral culpability as they hear about these accusations and have at the time chosen to no longer buy/wear Nike product associated with Tom Sachs.

We can't compare Tom Sachs alleged behavior to Nike's alleged use if child/forced/slave labor. Different contexts. And if you want to conflate the two contexts into one, then you would be responsible for investigating the practices of every brand you do business with to make sure they align with your morals before you extend patronage. Then you would have to get rid of any products you own that come from brands that are inconsistent with your morals.

But who's doing all that work🤷🏿‍♂️? At the end of the day, these are first world problems and these products are utility at their core. Shoes for your feet. There are people who just need shoes for their feet and can't concern themselves with who made them and why. So wear them or don't. It's a personal choice and neither choice makes you a good or bad person, moral or immoral.

That's exactly what's happening though. People are exercising moral culpability as they hear about these accusations and have at the time chosen to no longer buy/wear Nike product associated with Tom Sachs.

We can't compare Tom Sachs alleged behavior to Nike's alleged use if child/forced/slave labor. Different contexts. And if you want to conflate the two contexts into one, then you would be responsible for investigating the practices of every brand you do business with to make sure they align with your morals before you extend patronage. Then you would have to get rid of any products you own that come from brands that are inconsistent with your morals.

But who's doing all that work🤷🏿‍♂️? At the end of the day, these are first world problems and these products are utility at their core. Shoes for your feet. There are people who just need shoes for their feet and can't concern themselves with who made them and why. So wear them or don't. It's a personal choice and neither choice makes you a good or bad person, moral or immoral.
I don't agree. If you're aware and still promoting them and their stuff (by wearing it) then you are apart. Sometimes I don't care, but when its an issue that hits my core I just can't rock w/ what you're doing.

Whoever, if we went into depth about everything then we'd probably just be making and wearing our own clothes. You are right about moral culpability though. Pick and choose, pick and choose.

I don't agree. If you're aware and still promoting them and their stuff (by wearing it) then you are apart. Sometimes I don't care, but when its an issue that hits my core I just can't rock w/ what you're doing.

Whoever, if we went into depth about everything then we'd probably just be making and wearing our own clothes. You are right about moral culpability though. Pick and choose, pick and choose.
I'm speaking moreso to people who honestly don't know and dont understand what's going on. We know because we have a different relationship to clothing than most but to some people these are just "cool shoes".....when I see a mom in Yeezy's I don't think anti semite. A busboy at a restaurant last Friday had on a pair of thrashed GPS', i didn't think he was pro sexual assault. Maybe, but I doubt it. I hope not

My money is on those not dropping anytime soon. Also wtf is up with that photo? The pull tabs look photoshopped out lol.

My money is on those not dropping anytime soon. Also wtf is up with that photo? The pull tabs look photoshopped out lol.
Yeah I think it's cap. They also look like a staple pigeon colorway with the grey upper and safety orange pull tabs. But I think you're right. I think Nike doesn't actually care about what's going on with Tom Because similar things are happening at Nike. Maybe not as extreme but similar things. Wait it out long enough allow some other things to pop up to distract people, let Tom issue some sort of statement, some sort of "make it right", drop the shoes later and then keep it moving. Like I said, if you l buy I ain't mad atcha, if you don't buy I ain't mad atcha. Just shows at the end of the day 🤷🏿‍♂️

wore my browns to disney and all day in the airport. definitely a fan and now i want yellows

Have a Disney World trip coming up during Thanksgiving and was thinking about bringing the brown pair with me as my primary shoes…You just solidified that decision for me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom