Nike x Tom Sachs Collab

B433D9DB-B69A-4AB1-9AAF-1FD6B87FA551.jpeg

Just got my brown pair in yesterday and customized them into a beef and broccoli colorway. I love the outcome

Throw on some Volt laces, and you've got some Jedis!

1.jpg

They will not.

White "creative" in the work place. This will be swept away with drops, discounts, distractions. Like Anne Herbert & Co.

Nike knew and knows what's going on. lol. Long as he didnt say anything anti-semitic everything cool.
They dropped SW for some **** that never even got public so I wouldn't be surprised if they drop Sachs here.

They dropped SW for some **** that never even got public so I wouldn't be surprised if they drop Sachs here.

Any idea what happened?

Knowing these guys from around the way I can’t see this kinda controversy being unheard of for this long. The city would have been talking about it. Seems like business just dissolved.

Any idea what happened?

Knowing these guys from around the way I can’t see this kinda controversy being unheard of for this long. The city would have been talking about it. Seems like business just dissolved.
I know what I was told back in like 2019 when he had been showing teasers of that blue 1/97 and then the bespoke tear away am1 and then it just went silent. I'm not comfortable relaying the accusation that I have no proof of so not doing that. But what I was told made sense to explain why the whole SW Nike experiment just died super quick.

Yea, my pair ain’t goin nowhere anytime soon. I’m curious if the other pairs will still get dropped, I’m sure they’re “ready”. Also wondering if Kohl’s will do anything 🤔

...people suddenly developing a conscious about sneakers...ya'll know who actually makes Nike sneakers, right?
like, ALL Nike sneakers?
it ain't some nice M-F, 9-5 job, in some air conditioned factory, with health benefits...

Are those conditions, ages of employees and pay similar to what's in the areas that the Nike's are made?

...people suddenly developing a conscious about sneakers...ya'll know who actually makes Nike sneakers, right?
like, ALL Nike sneakers?
it ain't some nice M-F, 9-5 job, in some air conditioned factory, with health benefits...
I think it's more personal conviction than suddenly growing a conscience. If all of us would keep that same energy the list of companies we support would be a short one. None of us keep that same energy when it comes to vetting every company we do business with. But we all draw the line somewhere though 🤷🏿‍♂️.

As far as Tom Sachs, these allegations will definitely taint the product if they are true, for me at least. It's like if I found out Jordan was beating his wife and kids the whole time and had zero remorse about it. Or if we found out Teddy Santis was using his New Balance money to distribute fentanyl laced drugs into the inner-city. There are way too many other sneakers out there without goofy shenanigans attached to them for me to get all caught up in one 🤷🏿‍♂️.

There are way too many other sneakers out there without goofy shenanigans attached to them for me to get all caught up in one 🤷🏿‍♂️.

This articulates the main point of emphasis for me. Applies to shoes, music, and so many other things. Far too many options out there to tolerate anything that feels questionable to me.

Most people who wear his shoes wouldn’t know who Tom Sach’s was if he asked them for a dollar :rofl:
This is true. I think this could be said about a lot of people behind products and services we all use. I wonder how many kids under the age of 18 actually know what Michael Jordan looks like. I met test this out with my little cousins and nieces/nephews this week

Back
Top Bottom