Nike x Tom Sachs Collab

LOL iirc retail on 1.0 was $400 or something ridiculous (for the time) like that, for what i remember they have always been pretty expensive. Box extras and material were much nicer than 2.0 though

From when I was going to buy them at resale after they came out, had a couple chances in the 3-400 range. In 2012 the resell market wasn't at the level it is today. If you think that production run is the sole driver of resell price then you're sorely mistaken. I can show you a ton of small production run shoes, less than these, that have no resell market.
You make a good point. I incorrectly assumed that you were looking at recent resale prices in the past year or so, so I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I remember hearing about them in 2012, but didn't bother looking up resell at the time since I figured they were a Tier Zero and out of my range anyway.

If you want to continue this over PM, I'd love to hear more about your last point on small production run shoes without resell value; I'm genuinely curious and interested.

Last edited:
that moment you realize you're getting too old for this game

Yeah. I told my girl about this and she laughed at me and was like why didn't you just buy em on eBay. I'm done..

Time to lowball and get these joints in my crib. Wearing em to Japan in a couple week just for the hassle. Hope I see Tom Sachs when I wear these so I can tell him he's never going to mars.

Kanye west is more likely to go to mars than Tom Sachs and that's a realistic statement.

"Kanye west is more likely to go to mars than Tom Sachs and that's a realistic statement."

Amazing.

Yeah. I told my girl about this and she laughed at me and was like why didn't you just buy em on eBay. I'm done..

Time to lowball and get these joints in my crib. Wearing em to Japan in a couple week just for the hassle. Hope I see Tom Sachs when I wear these so I can tell him he's never going to mars.

Kanye west is more likely to go to mars than Tom Sachs and that's a realistic statement.

i wouldnt pay resale for these. limited/exclusive shoes arent even that exclusive anymore.

it took me about a year to reach the point of not caring but you'll there. it feels good to be able to walk into niemans and buy some Balenciagas, no hassle. i sold about 60 pairs of Js last month and now just "try" to rock nice stuff.

LOL come on, Tom seems like a cool dude. I thought the Space Camp idea was dope. I'm sure he's trying to combat bots and Nike has their way of doing things as well. I'm sure it's not Tom Sachs just sticking it to us.

But yes, I'm kinda over Nikecraft and the hoops. I just need a release day.

Screenshot_2017-07-27-11-46-10.png

Dead sea level salt right now. Its okay, just wait 5 years and nike will rerelease these for everyone to cop (looking at you yeknit trainers).

i wouldnt pay resale for these. limited/exclusive shoes arent even that exclusive anymore.

it took me about a year to reach the point of not caring but you'll there. it feels good to be able to walk into niemans and buy some Balenciagas, no hassle. i sold about 60 pairs of Js last month and now just "try" to rock nice stuff.

I'm with you bro. Believe me.. but once every 10 Nike releases they get me.. I got so much stuff at stadium goods I think there sick of me. The crazy thing is sometimes designer kicks are wayyyyyyy more limited than any of these joints. I've actually had trouble getting some of mine. But everything is a try and if I miss F it, but if I really want it lowball on eBay.. or wait till a reseller gets desperate.. usually when they need to pay they bill for the next release

Agree. Don't pay resale. I did that back then and looking back I feel stupid paying resale. At the end of the day they're just shoes but I do understand the process tho.

Dead sea level salt right now. Its okay, just wait 5 years and nike will rerelease these for everyone to cop (looking at you yeknit trainers).

That's cool and all but for the small group of us who actually wear our sneakers.. we're gonna wait 5 years to rock a shoe? I wanna wear these now.

Back
Top Bottom