Nike x Tom Sachs Collab

Damn...hopefully resale will come down a bit after a release, if I can't buy retail.

Did my experience yesterday. They didnt offer the shoes for trial so ended up doing everything in the sneakers I came in with. Hope no one comes there from work cause they're in trouble. Don't know if it stems from some good possibly leaving with the trial pairs but the Nike folks are pretty stern right now. Security is checking bags
People jacked shoes from the trial pair. Won't say who but if you know nyc reseller sites, you can figure it out from the used sizes for sale.

People jacked shoes from the trial pair. Won't say who but if you know nyc reseller sites, you can figure it out from the used sizes for sale.

yea didn't want to flat out say it either but we can read between the lines. I understand the temptation to take the shoes, but it's messed up after Nike put on a great event and it directly f'd over the remaining sessions who don't get to trial and are now searched like criminals and have their identification scrutinized.

Went to the event on Friday at 1pm. Great experience. More than I expected. One of the best things i felt about the event, is how serious all the employees took the course and the "tests." If you truly wanted to be there, and immersed yourself into the experience, it was really felt like the real deal. 

I asked for a pair of shoes when they werent giving them out, and they let me run the course in some blacked out Metcons. I was wearing silver bullet 97's but i felt like the metcons were much much better for the course. 

My advise to anybody who is truly excited about the camp as well as the shoes, DO all the "Hard" courses. There honestly isnt much  differences, and push yourself. See what you're capable of, the employees there will be there cheering you on and pushing you forward. You truly do not know what you are capable of until you try. 

The very first course is a rope climb, I never climbed a rope in my life, but i regular go to the gym 4-5 days a week before work in the morning. I was nervous about this, but tried it anyway and succeeded. The sense of accomplishment was a great feeling. 

BTW I recommend going down .5 in the Sneakers. For refrence, every Nike running sneaker (Flyknit trainer,racer, Pegasus, Air max 90,97,98) I am a size 10.5 and these 10 mars yard fit perfect. 

Could not wait to throw these guys on, laced them up on the ferry on the ride back and wore them around NYC for the rest of the day. 

Went to the event on Friday at 1pm. Great experience. More than I expected. One of the best things i felt about the event, is how serious all the employees took the course and the "tests." If you truly wanted to be there, and immersed yourself into the experience, it was really felt like the real deal. 

I asked for a pair of shoes when they werent giving them out, and they let me run the course in some blacked out Metcons. I was wearing silver bullet 97's but i felt like the metcons were much much better for the course. 

My advise to anybody who is truly excited about the camp as well as the shoes, DO all the "Hard" courses. There honestly isnt much differences, and push yourself. See what you're capable of, the employees there will be there cheering you on and pushing you forward. You truly do not know what you are capable of until you try. 

The very first course is a rope climb, I never climbed a rope in my life, but i regular go to the gym 4-5 days a week before work in the morning. I was nervous about this, but tried it anyway and succeeded. The sense of accomplishment was a great feeling. 

BTW I recommend going down .5 in the Sneakers. For refrence, every Nike running sneaker (Flyknit trainer,racer, Pegasus, Air max 90,97,98) I am a size 10.5 and these 10 mars yard fit perfect. 

Could not wait to throw these guys on, laced them up on the ferry on the ride back and wore them around NYC for the rest of the day. 

Great recap. Couldn't have captured it any better.

I just came back from event too. Very fun and unique experience but sucks you couldn't actually try on the shoes. FYI, the workers take the course very seriously, so if you do the hard, be committed. Some of my friends had success contacting Sarah Jane Owen (Nike North America Brand Manager) about getting into the event. She's pretty chill and was able to give my friends a spot for people who booked multiple appointments and canceled. Her email is [email protected], maybe her text would be a faster way to reach her though, 917-685-1810. Good luck. If she asks how you got the number, tell her you got it from a friend that she helped.

Last edited:
swooshlife4me swooshlife4me

Might want to edit that post man...Get that personal info out of there...

Maybe suggest anybody who's interested in going to the event send you a PM and you can get in touch with Mrs. / Ms. Owen...Might be speaking off hand but I sure as hell wouldn't want a bunch of random people texting and calling me for god knows what...

Legit question though...If somebody has a disability that doesn't allow them to complete a portion of / or all of the course do they get turned away?

Sounds dumb I know...I'm sitting here thinking strictly about this sneaker, like only this sneaker...Since it's online or bust for me, and it's the basically the only sneaker related thing on my mind at this point, I can't seem to get all these weird scenarios out of my head :lol:...Like what if wheel chair disabled - Tom Sachs / NASA fan guy comes to the event? They tell him no?

when you get off the ferry go left and walk about 15 minutes. there will be folks to guide you.

Thanks! I got drenched walking there, but that made it memorable. For those of you who want to take the easy path, there are golf carts arriving and departing on a regular basis at the ferry landing.

Legit question though...If somebody has a disability that doesn't allow them to complete a portion of / or all of the course do they get turned away?

Sounds dumb I know...I'm sitting here thinking strictly about this sneaker, like only this sneaker...Since it's online or bust for me, and it's the basically the only sneaker related thing on my mind at this point, I can't seem to get all these weird scenarios out of my head :lol:...Like what if wheel chair disabled - Tom Sachs / NASA fan guy comes to the event? They tell him no?

No. Witnessed it first hand - dude couldn't participate but he got his pair. Workers felt kinda bad about it but better than nothing

I'd love to double on a worn size 10. box or no box. i have all my original things from running the course, but i think I'd feel dirty giving money to somebody that stole from this event. Especially after the fact it was free, and the energy and effort Nike and Tom Sachs put into it.

Probably just me though. 

I'd love to double on a worn size 10. box or no box. i have all my original things from running the course, but i think I'd feel dirty giving money to somebody that stole from this event. Especially after the fact it was free, and the energy and effort Nike and Tom Sachs put into it.

Probably just me though. 

No way I would buy from those scummy resellers.

Back
Top Bottom