Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

Very different. It’s crazy to think how far the model changed so soon 1 to 4. The ankle cut is the biggest thing.. and the feel of the mid and outsole. Big big difference. 1’s feel wide and flat.

Just copped the 81’s for 60 from the arundel mills outlet in MD. They also had the wht/blk/red all stars.

Had no idea about the hash wall sale. Lol

They chopped my damn box top tho.:smh:

Last edited:
What’s your take. The 81 points might be the pair that ended up going for the cheapest. If these would have dropped after that game my guess would be they would have flew off the shelves. In your take is it because they simply waited too long or that they released too many pairs. For me these might just be sleeper of the year.
CC95F69F-9F0C-4381-BDAC-296C5E46431F.jpeg

What’s your take. The 81 points might be the pair that ended up going for the cheapest. If these would have dropped after that game my guess would be they would have flew off the shelves. In your take is it because they simply waited too long or that they released too many pairs. For me these might just be sleeper of the year.
One of my favorite colorways on a solid Kobe model.

I never typically like "these should've sold out, why do you think they didn't" conversations because I don't want anything to sell out :lol: But I'll bite.

They just waited too long. A lot of the people excited by that moment when it happened probably jumped on these, but it's hard to feel nearly as strongly about one moment 15 years later.

The silhouette in general is also just not very in-line with current tastes so these just ended up being a white/purple pair of a model that got overlooked by many.

Although I don't know of any production numbers, I think I've seen the 81 point games more at the outlets than any other ZK1...with the all stars coming in at a close second. Never seen any of the Del Sols or Final Seconds at my outlets, and I've occasionally come across the MPLS and Blackouts. Maybe the fact that's it's mostly just a plain white shoe with purple/black trim turns off consumers...at least with the All-stars you have black/red which is a pretty common color combination. If it wasn't for the nostalgia factor of the 81 point game, is there anything else that's special about this colorway?

I never typically like "these should've sold out, why do you think they didn't" conversations because I don't want anything to sell out :lol: But I'll bite.

They just waited too long. A lot of the people excited by that moment when it happened probably jumped on these, but it's hard to feel nearly as strongly about one moment 15 years later.

The silhouette in general is also just not very in-line with current tastes so these just ended up being a white/purple pair of a model that got overlooked by many.
Ya I was just wondering what y’all thought. I’m happy they didn’t sell, I’ve scooped a few pairs for $60.

Personally the protro 1's are one of my favorite hoops shoes and the 81 pts my favorite colorway so idk what peopie are thinking but I'm happy to scoop them up for cheap. :nthat:

I remember everyone being happy that we could use the discount code on footlocker.com to grab the 81s on release day, now they’re sitting at outlets for less than $100. Crazy considering these were going for crazy money a few years back.

I remember everyone being happy that we could use the discount code on footlocker.com to grab the 81s on release day, now they’re sitting at outlets for less than $100. Crazy considering these were going for crazy money a few years back.
Honestly, Nike waited too long to drop them.

They probably would've done crazy numbers if they dropped:
- as OGs in 2006
- in 2007 for the 1st anniversary (instead of the 81 pair nonsense :smh:)
-in 2016 for the 10th anniversary, and also during Kobe's retirement tour.

However, I"M NOT COMPLAINING! I copped one for retail on RD just to be safe, and 3 more from outlets for robbery prices :evil:

Agreed. I don’t double on anything, I just wish I waited a little longer to grab. I don’t think any of us knew that these would get as low as they have.

Agreed. I don’t double on anything, I just wish I waited a little longer to grab. I don’t think any of us knew that these would get as low as they have.
Yeah, for those of us that were around for the OGs, it's mind-bending to see 81-pt Kobes in an outlet just sitting.

sidenote: you don't double on anything? Wasn't there a thing on NT some years ago about "s dubl-ing" on a release? Or was it to "Lewi-up"? :emoji_thinking:

Lol. That was Lewi-up. I think he grabbed like 7 pairs of multi 9 IDs. I don’t have enough time to wear my stuff to validate multiples.

Back
Top Bottom