Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

U have any shoes to compare them to lol. I badly wanna cave and get a 13 since i can just sell my 11s and basically be a straight swap. Because 14s still in the 800 range. But then my girl said they are kind of small or tts and I'm not so sure. I have janoski and pro bowl trainers in 13 that are ok to walk in but not run.

Do you have a wide foot? I got the FTBs in a size 13 and they aren't that different length wise I'll do a comparison shot of the Del Sols and the Camos when I get back home. You may be able to make the 13 work. I just can't wear any of my thicker Nike socks. Stance ones are good though.

What other models do you have besides the 6?

Last edited:
IMG_2463.jpg
man... I was 23 when the 2005 blk/wht joints came out, bought a pair then walked right back into foot locker and bought another pair. I love these....IMO the black and white og's are the best colorway. :pimp:

Do you have a wide foot? I got the FTBs in a size 13 and they aren't that different length wise I'll do a comparison shot of the Del Sols and the Camos when I get back home. You may be able to make the 13 work. I just can't wear any of my thicker Nike socks. Stance ones are good though.

What other models do you have besides the 6?

Dont really have a wide foot but I got a bunch of elites almost exclusively lol. I'm just going to give it a shot see what happens if not ill just sell the 13s I get.

Anyone have Kobe undefeated in sz10? Thinking about a swap for this 8.5.

The more i look at them, the more i am debating keeping. If you know anyone or can't point me in the direction, please let me know

The more i look at them, the more i am debating keeping. If you know anyone or can't point me in the direction, please let me know
just sell yours and buy your size. will be faster and likely less hassle.

If the Camos in a 9.5 hit $350 USD on GOAT, I'm pulling the trigger. That's still almost $500 Canadian including shipping and then an additional $100 for duties. HMU if anyone feels like giving me a decent deal.

I can tell you that swapping for your size and coming out even is not always the case. Been doing this too long to know that’s a fact. It’s a headache too, I would just sell the 8.5 and use that to buy your size.

Has anyone actually played in these? I can't even find a youtube review on performance.

There's a couple of reviews in the thread, but here's a quick pros/cons:

+Traction really solid
+Full zoom feels great and bouncy
+TTS
+Leather quality
-Can be clunky on heel-toe transition
-Not the lightest shoe
-Price

For the most part they're exactly like the OG, which is a great thing in my opinion. The OG 1s were a great performer and these are probably some of my favorite shoes to hoop in that have released this year.

Wore my Protros last night and they are awesome to play in. My previous shoes were the Kyrie and PG and there is definitely a noticeable difference in quality. I was explaining to my girlfriend that the PG2 is like a mid-level sedan loaded and the Protro is a high-end luxury sedan lol.

Here's my 2 Cents

Pros
Materials - quality leather that will break in over time, carbon fiber plate
Traction - never slipped and had great control on a dusty gym floor, out rigger was nice for hard cuts
Cushion - top notch! the full zoom bag is noticeable and bouncy, especially in the heel where I personally need it most.

Cons
Weight - coming from the PG and Kyrie lines, the Kobe is a bit on the heavier side. It's not too bad, just took time to get used to it.
Lockdown - it felt great in the forefoot but my heel was slipping. I had to lace through the very top hole and tie tight to be fully locked down. This is what I missed from the PG2, which has a heel cushion for a secure fit in the heel.

Copped another pair of the camos on goat but it's been 4 days and the status is still on "seller confirmed"...wth?!??Ship the shoes already!!!

iono if im tripping but one of my kobes toe is lightweight indented :/

Attachments

• 28722352_10213994726475613_1368384739_n.jpg
    28722352_10213994726475613_1368384739_n.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom