Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

They had a PE in 06 where they swapped out the blue for purple... so smooth. I’d do that
IMG_3660.JPG

Yeah I got the PEs for cheap off eBay but locally nothing ever sits - we never get multiple pairs in my size around here though so I’m hoping they don’t sell I like that baby blue grey combo

Wish they would sit a bit. I wanna get a pair to hoop on but I'd never pay resell for shoes I'm gonna beat up

I feel like a damn fool for buying the Close Outs from Stock X, and even dumber for paying more than retail. But sometimes the NT outlet posts can mess with you. As can trying to predict which shoes these days are going to disappear quickly, which ones are actually in demand, and what the production numbers are. I should have just waited a couple/few weeks and could have grabbed these for less than MSRP, even from Stock X. But I wanted them so I bought them. You win some, you lose some. Hell, I live in L.A. and never actually saw these in any stores, but I was busy the week they dropped and didn't get a chance to hit local spots that weekend. The outlet thing though ... it's frustrating. I don't live especially close to one, and the last five times I drove to it, there was literally nothing in that store I wanted. Not even a t shirt or shorts worth buying. It's so hit or miss (has been for me, anyway) in terms of what pops up in which outlets and when, sometimes I'm happy to just pay retail and skip the hassle. Well, maybe not happy, but it just makes things a lot easier overall. I remember loads of people saying the white/Navy Jordan 16s were outlet bound and not to pay that stupid high MSRP. I bought them anyway, and never did run across them in any outlet. I'm sure others did, but I tend not to rely on finding shoes I actually want down the road in the outlet stores.

Spokane finally got a Nike Store? Where the heck was that 8 years ago when I was still in college :sick:

I feel like a damn fool for buying the Close Outs from Stock X, and even dumber for paying more than retail. But sometimes the NT outlet posts can mess with you. As can trying to predict which shoes these days are going to disappear quickly, which ones are actually in demand, and what the production numbers are. I should have just waited a couple/few weeks and could have grabbed these for less than MSRP, even from Stock X. But I wanted them so I bought them. You win some, you lose some. Hell, I live in L.A. and never actually saw these in any stores, but I was busy the week they dropped and didn't get a chance to hit local spots that weekend. The outlet thing though ... it's frustrating. I don't live especially close to one, and the last five times I drove to it, there was literally nothing in that store I wanted. Not even a t shirt or shorts worth buying. It's so hit or miss (has been for me, anyway) in terms of what pops up in which outlets and when, sometimes I'm happy to just pay retail and skip the hassle. Well, maybe not happy, but it just makes things a lot easier overall. I remember loads of people saying the white/Navy Jordan 16s were outlet bound and not to pay that stupid high MSRP. I bought them anyway, and never did run across them in any outlet. I'm sure others did, but I tend not to rely on finding shoes I actually want down the road in the outlet stores.

i'm with you brother, paid a bit over retail and bought it from stockx. i'm not sad about the close outs showing up at outlets, but very disappointed at the performance aspect of the shoe. oh well, onto the next.

Is the confirmed date for the MPLS Protro on July 6th or is that still up in the air?

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. You can't depend on getting a deal at an outlet. One, you don't even know if they will hit the outlet. Two, if so, the outlet or outlets may not even be near you. Three, if you are lucky it's an outlet close to you, will you even get there fast enough before the shoe sells out. Personally, I haven't scored that many great shoes from the outlet. I'm not that close to the ones that get the heat.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. You can't depend on getting a deal at an outlet. One, you don't even know if they will hit the outlet. Two, if so, the outlet or outlets may not even be near you. Three, if you are lucky it's an outlet close to you, will you even get there fast enough before the shoe sells out. Personally, I haven't scored that many great shoes from the outlet. I'm not that close to the ones that get the heat.

Yeah that was pretty much what I was getting at. I seem to catch or not catch things at outlets in streaks. The Camarillo, CA outlet is nearest me. Going back a year and a half, two years ago, I found something(s) worth buying there three or four times in a row, including the Nike Lab volt Talarias for like $59. The past countless times I've been, though, absolutely nothing worth a damn even as a consolation prize for bothering to drive the hour-plus there. You're totally right, too, that counting on scoring specific shoes at outlets is far from guaranteed. That's why ultimately I don't completely lose my mind anymore about paying retail. More often than not, the shoes I want don't make it to discount anywhere I frequent, and if they do they run out of my size 11 early on. In the past three years, for instance, I've probably only been wrong in buying probably three shoes max that I should have waited on. The Kobe XI Master of Innovation is the one that stands out. I bought those on release day for MSRP, thought they'd be popular. Nope, instead they were down to $100 within a couple months. Other than that, generally I've been glad I've bought what I bought, when I did.

Buy what you really want from Nike and then return the pair if you can find it later down the line for cheaper. I buy pair A for $200.00 and wear them.....find pair B for $100.00 later on down the line. I put the DS pair B into box A and return.

C, Nike will eventually ban you for excessive returns. Seen it a few times, it will happen

Back
Top Bottom