Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

SNKRS app buggin on the S9. Never notified me of the drop this morning even tho I checked it. Woke up just in time to buy it. Said pending, refreshed and the price showed up again not pending. Refreshed it again and says sold out. Never got a didn't get em or anything. My old S4 never had this problem. Ah well. Money saved I guess.

IMG_0636 (1).jpg

These are great.

went to pick up my off white vapormax at undefeated. Didn't even know they had these till I got to the front. Grabbed them too
IMG_4333.JPG

Got my size 14 at the grove nike. everyone their was getting shadows no one really for the kobes. 80 deep line when I got their at 8

I hope Nike takes a break on releasing new colorways of the Protros after this weekend.

I paid the $30 above retail to avoid the Saturday morning hunt for these.

My wallet needs a break. :lol:

Oh man what a day. Probably one of the biggest and luckiest shoe surprise I've experienced. So...I had multiple pairs of shadows locked up, I was planning my route this morning..which store to hit up first to make my rounds. Some how I chose kicks usa first (and luckily I did). I see about 3-4 people in line, no biggie its all raffle reserved they are probably there just to pick up their shadow 1s. I hear a kid in front tell the staff at the door what size he wants, I'm thinking in my head " why are you asking, its the size you won in your raffle, this isn't FCFS lol". Just when it's my turn to be let in the store to pick up my shadow 1s, I see the kid walk out and open the box in front of his car and it was the KOBES Finals seconds! I was shocked, I quickly asked the staff yall got the Kobes too??! she was like yeah, I ended up copping it and my shadow 1s. Here's the thing, I did my leg work and research there was only 3 footlockers around the area that had them, period. Obviously I wasn't camping or waiting in those lines, I was just going to try on SNRKS. Kicks USA did not post anything about having the Kobes on their social media, etc. I dont think anyone knew. It was surprise release at that exact kicks usA, afterwards I ended up calling other kicks usA around the area to see if they got it too, but none did. That was prob the only Kicks USA in the city to have it and it wasn't even announced anywhere. Right place at the right time. Unbelievable.

As some of you guys know ... I’m old. Relative to most here, anyway. 41, though usually feel like 25. Or hell, 14. Still, with that as context, I don’t even know how to feel on this one. I was committed to being at the Long Beach Grand Prix all day today. Couldn’t make it to a store here in L.A. Checked SNKRS at ****ing 8:04 this morning. SOLD OUT, it said.

While I realize a wide, mass-produced release of this relatively niche shoe makes no sense for Nike ... seriously? Sold out basically as soon as it went up? **** off. Like really, **** off. I understand the over-arcing marketing logic but come on, how about give us who want these, say, an hour or two to cop? The lack of resale value on all these Protro 1s illustrates the fake hype like a knife to the eye.

I wanted these to wear while getting my old *** back in shape. I can get them for the slight Stock X or whatever markup. But the principle kind of pisses me off. Absolutely ridiculous that I couldn’t bag these via SNKRS four minutes after they went live. Almost 30 years into this sneaker obsession, **** is pathetic more often than not LOL

As some of you guys know ... I’m old. Relative to most here, anyway. 41, though usually feel like 25. Or hell, 14. Still, with that as context, I don’t even know how to feel on this one. I was committed to being at the Long Beach Grand Prix all day today. Couldn’t make it to a store here in L.A. Checked SNKRS at ****ing 8:04 this morning. SOLD OUT, it said.

While I realize a wide, mass-produced release of this relatively niche shoe makes no sense for Nike ... seriously? Sold out basically as soon as it went up? **** off. Like really, **** off. I understand the over-arcing marketing logic but come on, how about give us who want these, say, an hour or two to cop? The lack of resale value on all these Protro 1s illustrates the fake hype like a knife to the eye.

I wanted these to wear while getting my old *** back in shape. I can get them for the slight Stock X or whatever markup. But the principle kind of pisses me off. Absolutely ridiculous that I couldn’t bag these via SNKRS four minutes after they went live. Almost 30 years into this sneaker obsession, **** is pathetic more often than not LOL
Checking four minutes later on an online release is like going to footlocker next Thursday expecting the kicks to still be there :lol:

I been in the game 22 yrs and yes it’s gotten crazier but hey I either put in work or keep it moving, I’m lucky that I’m still plugged in

I didn’t even try on snkrs

Checking four minutes later on an online release is like going to footlocker next Thursday expecting the kicks to still be there :lol:

Depends on the shoe. Anyway, you sort of missed my point. There is no serious demand for these. It’s BS fake hype. That’s my irritation. I can buy these all day long via Stock X etc with zero ****s given.

Back
Top Bottom