Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

I bought a 12 for hooping, which is my normal size, but feel like maybe I should have got a 12.5 since I wear elite socks.

Screenshot_20190312-100947_Gmail.jpg

Need some help looking for eBay listings.. can never find ish on there. Looking bc of coupon, used to use it way more.
GOAT just seems better and safer

strange. these didn't seem stiff to me at all. the Jordan 32 was stiff. took 2 months of wearing to finally feel good.

this is freaking weird, i hooped in the 32 straight out of the box, but i copped my pair from the clearance store, so maybe it was worn and someone was kind enough to break them in for me already :tongue:

hmm. How are Del Sol's versus the Blackouts?

not even close. I've only been able to try them, but the leather on the blackouts is pretty crappy to touch. the del sol's leather is nice and soft. I doubt it would make any difference in performance, but it's night and day when you hold them in hand.

this is freaking weird, i hooped in the 32 straight out of the box, but i copped my pair from the clearance store, so maybe it was worn and someone was kind enough to break them in for me already :tongue:

I ordered 3 different pairs of the 32 to try out, and ended up keeping the lows. All felt very stiff out the box. I find the midsoles similar to the ones on the Jordan xii which were tanks.

not even close. I've only been able to try them, but the leather on the blackouts is pretty crappy to touch. the del sol's leather is nice and soft. I doubt it would make any difference in performance, but it's night and day when you hold them in hand.
thnx for the info. Targeting one pair, want it to be a good one and i prefer Del Sol's more aesthetically as it is.

My 81s broke in pretty quick but I lace up my shoes as tight as possible

that's a valid point, but casually it's uncomfortable to lace them super tight, but i will try that, thank you.

I have the blackouts so that leather on them is super hard, not the plush leather they put on the other pairs.

i see, i have the white purple colorway and the white light blue colorway, i'll compare them to see if there's a difference.

I ordered 3 different pairs of the 32 to try out, and ended up keeping the lows. All felt very stiff out the box. I find the midsoles similar to the ones on the Jordan xii which were tanks.

ah the 32 lows, i tried on a pair at the clearance store and it is relatively stiffer than the 32 mids.

Break in those pants :sick:

hehe, i've been wearing those nike golf pants for over a year, i'm just lucky they're not ripping apart at the foot of the pants.

Del Sols, Final Seconds, and All Star all have a crumpled type of leather that feels slightly thicker than the smooth leather found on the Blackouts and 81’s. Both of those feel a tad bit roomier on the inside, especially the toe box area. Just got the MPLS the other day but those feel similar to the crumpled leather as far as fit.

It’s NT, so most of us obsess over every little detail of our sneakers but honestly I think the average consumer probably won’t even notice the difference. I can easily get the fit I like on the Blackouts by double socking or a quick insole swap.

Break-in time varies, but for the most part after 1-2 wears that initial stiffness should be gone. Leather shoes went out of style a long time ago... we're all used to synthetics, mesh, flyknit, etc so there might be an adjustment period if you haven’t played in a leather based shoe in a while. I like it because they felt where you need them too and are stiffer/more supportive in all other areas. Excellent at keeping your feet locked in and the more you wear them the more the leather really molds to your feet.

Thanks grittyman grittyman good insight.

Wonder why more nba players don’t wear these? Only seem derozen and Marcus Morris
Good question

I know a lot of people seem to love softer materials these days so maybe that has something to do with it. It’s not something I’m obsessed with since I don’t believe there’s any real benefit from a performance standpoint. From my experience it’s been the opposite, the softer or more sock like the shoe is the less supportive it feels to me (KD 11, CE 2016 to name a few).

Booker had a pair of his own Protro PE’s but I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen him wear a pair in an actual game. Oubre occasionally wears a black/white color way. I know PJ Tucker has at least worn the all stars and blackouts a few times. Pretty sure I’ve seen guys who usually rock Kobe’s in them...Kuzma, Clarkson, I Thomas.

Del Sols, Final Seconds, and All Star all have a crumpled type of leather that feels slightly thicker than the smooth leather found on the Blackouts and 81’s. Both of those feel a tad bit roomier on the inside, especially the toe box area. Just got the MPLS the other day but those feel similar to the crumpled leather as far as fit.

It’s NT, so most of us obsess over every little detail of our sneakers but honestly I think the average consumer probably won’t even notice the difference. I can easily get the fit I like on the Blackouts by double socking or a quick insole swap.

Break-in time varies, but for the most part after 1-2 wears that initial stiffness should be gone. Leather shoes went out of style a long time ago... we're all used to synthetics, mesh, flyknit, etc so there might be an adjustment period if you haven’t played in a leather based shoe in a while. I like it because they felt where you need them too and are stiffer/more supportive in all other areas. Excellent at keeping your feet locked in and the more you wear them the more the leather really molds to your feet.

appreciate that analysis of the upper!!

Back
Top Bottom