Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
Anyone else agree with this? I love the 1’s if not just for nostalgic reasons, but I would have to imagine the 4’s are improvement in all area minus cushioning.

The 1’s are clunkers.

I hated the OG’s and the Protros were only SLIGHTLY better.

To put it in car terms the 1’s are like a Camry. They get the job done and take a beating well.

The 4’s are like a 3 series beemer. Lighter, better handling on corners, you feel faster in them even though the engine is just a slightly boosted 4 cylinder.

The traction is a tie on both. We’re talking super glue.

Even at $99 + 30% at the outlets, I’m not buying anymore 1’s.

To each their own but traction and cushioning are both better on the 1s. Those are the most important things in a basketball shoe to me. Fit and support are fine in both. Some find the 1st bulky but I don't even notice, maybe because I'm a forward? Anyway all I know is I reach for my 81 pts before my CDs.

The 1s are not what I call clunkers. It's a great all-around balling shoe. It's not as low to the ground as the 4, but it's definitely a plusher ride. I like to play in both. I think the 1 is currently a better value with real leather and full length zoom.

Kinda weird, but I don’t find the 1’s to be overly bulky while I’m playing in them...but I definitely notice it while just walking around in them. Crank the laces all the way really tight and they’re good to go.

Will be looking forward to trying out the 4’s on the court really soon to compare.

Kicking myself for not scooping the draft days with Nike’s friends and family. Was holding out hope for different colorways (wizenards really). Now I’ve got regrets....

JS”

No comments on the 4 yet but I wouldn't call the 1s clunkers. I'd compare them to an old caddy rather than a camry :rofl: Definitely built to thrash, pretty uncharacteristic of most kicks today which are built to hold you off until next year's model.

No comments on the 4 yet but I wouldn't call the 1s clunkers. I'd compare them to an old caddy rather than a camry :rofl: Definitely built to thrash, pretty uncharacteristic of most kicks today which are built to hold you off until next year's model.
Thought I was the only one Wildin when homie used the Camry analogy. After I said in my post the shoe feels like a "high performance car for my feet"

Last edited:
The 1’s are clunkers.

I hated the OG’s and the Protros were only SLIGHTLY better.

To put it in car terms the 1’s are like a Camry. They get the job done and take a beating well.

The 4’s are like a 3 series beemer. Lighter, better handling on corners, you feel faster in them even though the engine is just a slightly boosted 4 cylinder.

The traction is a tie on both. We’re talking super glue.

Even at $99 + 30% at the outlets, I’m not buying anymore 1’s.
amen

only reason I don't have the 1's is because they're too bulky. I need a sleek low top

I need dem 5's!!!!

I love the 1s. Love them. The cushioning is what I want and the overall construction of the shoe is so much more satisfying than all of these knit and plastic shoes dominating the market nowadays. But I grew up playing in the '90s when, you know, basketball shoes were made of leather or synthetic leather. So even though I like a lot of today's ultra-lightweight and minimalist shoes, I greatly appreciate shoes made like shoes used to be made.

582C9617-3873-44D9-8010-91B2CD53514C.jpeg
6F990419-F7E3-455D-A51F-175C3A530AC3.jpeg
7494D32C-F3B6-43B0-9C28-06631C81B9E4.jpeg

Younger me would’ve believed that all white crew socks (especially with non white shoes) looked straight up nerdy. Older me rarely wears anything but white crew socks when hooping lol

Back
Top Bottom