Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
I"m curious if most of the people never held onto their old pairs. My IV's and V's have held up really. There are some exceptions where the uppers have cracked but other than that no issues. I still have some ds that obviously have no sole separation.

I still play in my Del Sol V's from time to time and they've held up really well. Some of the glue near the toe area has come slightly loose, but you expect that after 10 years. No yellowing.

My Draft Day VI's have yellowed/browned a little bit near the teal flywire.

The V is the best in the line so no doubt about those. Vi’s will happen too. Then the 8’s

No way.

The 5's bottomed out on me in 6 weeks of play.

Great looking shoe, horrible durability.

The best in the series is the 8.

Worst in the series were 2's, 3's and 7's.

These are an easy pass if Nike messes around and puts lunarlon or any other foam in the forefoot. These need to have full length zoom of large forefoot and heel zoom bags for me to buy them.

100%. That's how they should have been originally, then none of this would even be an issue. I disliked lunarlon after my OG Hyperdunks bottomed out from ONLY casual use.

Just speculating here but it seems as if, Kobe didn't prefer forefoot zoom. I didn't think that would be a thing but players like Harden, Curry, Lillard, and Kyrie, all seem to have firm setups as well. I supposed if I was younger I wouldn't mind the firm setup either. I mean I didn't before when I ran through pairs of the original IV. I used to play in SHOX :sick:. Now zoom is a must have.

I hear what you're saying, but that's just marketing and gimmicks to me. I don't buy any of that "firm, low to the ground" BS. I say that because they have previously made low to the ground shoes with excellent court feel that have great cushioning and impact protection. Now all of a sudden it's not possible?

That's because he was wearing a new pair every game. Remember how amazing it was when you first played in them. That's how they felt to him ebery game. But with the 5 and 6 they used the zoom bag in the forefoot...the one focused under the ball of the foot

Exactly. The general public isn't going to get a new pair every session. I worked for Nike retail at the time (Kobe 2-Kobe 4 era) that lunarlon was introduced and it was really the first thing that kind of changed my perspective on what Nike was really about. Under Armour did the same thing with Micro G and Charged.

I still play in my Del Sol V's from time to time and they've held up really well. Some of the glue near the toe area has come slightly loose, but you expect that after 10 years. No yellowing.

My Draft Day VI's have yellowed/browned a little bit near the teal flywire.

My del sol IV’s are holding up great. I don’t see many people post pics in the retro threads or original threads of their shoes so that’s why I assume a lot of people didn’t hold onto them. But yea these shoes should have no problems holding up after only 10 years.

My Beethoven 9’s outsole came off on the way to the gym today. I do not wear these often too. Hopped in these at most 10 times.

Personally I hope the Vs are up next. The only thing I really even care about seeing improved is the durability of the upper, particularly the forefoot/lace-hole overlays. It didn't take long for all of mine to crack/split at the flex points. There are few shoes I'd be happier to stock up on again than I would be for the V chaos.

100%. That's how they should have been originally, then none of this would even be an issue. I disliked lunarlon after my OG Hyperdunks bottomed out from ONLY casual use.

I hear what you're saying, but that's just marketing and gimmicks to me. I don't buy any of that "firm, low to the ground" BS. I say that because they have previously made low to the ground shoes with excellent court feel that have great cushioning and impact protection. Now all of a sudden it's not possible?

Exactly. The general public isn't going to get a new pair every session. I worked for Nike retail at the time (Kobe 2-Kobe 4 era) that lunarlon was introduced and it was really the first thing that kind of changed my perspective on what Nike was really about. Under Armour did the same thing with Micro G and Charged.

I thought it was funny that Nike retroed the Kobe 1s with the Prelude and Fade to Black but didn't put full zoom till less than 2 years later lol. This applies to the Kobe IVs if they do indeed have full zoom.

Personally I hope the Vs are up next. The only thing I really even care about seeing improved is the durability of the upper, particularly the forefoot/lace-hole overlays. It didn't take long for all of mine to crack/split at the flex points. There are few shoes I'd be happier to stock up on again than I would be for the V chaos.
It truly is the best basketball shoe period IMO

great all around especially looks, sucks the upper was prone to tearing which happened to every pair. Although they were still functional and didnt tear through the lining underneath but still. I feel like most didnt experience this other than those who actually played in them which at the time was 5-6 days a week including a league game mixed in so I put them through hell.

And the 7.
upload_2019-2-8_20-14-54.gif

It truly is the best basketball shoe period IMO

great all around especially looks, sucks the upper was prone to tearing which happened to every pair. Although they were still functional and didnt tear through the lining underneath but still. I feel like most didnt experience this other than those who actually played in them which at the time was 5-6 days a week including a league game mixed in so I put them through hell.

Mine all cracked even just from casual use. Not horribly, but still.

They are going to protro everything.

Why wouldn’t Nike/Kobe not want your money?

Y’all tripping if you think they aren’t going to or be selective in the protro series.

They are going to protro everything.

Why wouldn’t Nike/Kobe not want your money?

Y’all tripping if you think they aren’t going to or be selective in the protro series.

went from 1 straight to 4 idk

2 and 3 really did not sell well nor were popular period. thought both shoes were trash and I've owned every model except those two

4 and 5 were what broke the mold and revolutionized the line and became popular with players all around the league as well

but what do I know

went from 1 straight to 4 idk

2 and 3 really did not sell well nor were popular period. thought both shoes were trash and I've owned every model except those two

4 and 5 were what broke the mold and revolutionized the line and became popular with players all around the league as well

but what do I know
Its call a business strategy my man, they gonna create demand where the demand isn’t there by whitholding the non-popular kobes models.

My point exactly.

All the other models were amazing already and just need slight updates. The 7 could really USE THE UPDATES

They would have to completely revamp the shoe to make it worthwhile. It already had a zoom set-up so that doesn't need to be updated. The build of the shoe was the prpblem...it was clunky and simply uncomfortable. With it being the worst of the Kobe line and not a fan favorite I highly doubt they will Protro them anytime soon or at all.

Back
Top Bottom