Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
AEF816B7-1780-4577-8135-F52B17DA6BF2.jpeg

No ragrets

I’m sure Kobe would’ve loved seeing everyone wear his shoes on and off the court too, but Nike just isn’t letting that happen with how little they’re producing.
Sneaker 'culture' or whatever wouldn't be what it is w/o Jordans. That happened over decades. Times change, how sneakers are sold changes. Kids got Js for report cards, holidays...rewarded themselves when they made $ because they were the kid that was stuck with LA Gears.

Kobes need be released in #s and used for their purpose...not worn for instagram. Some releases will sit. Kobe was adamant about the tech, pros wear them because of the tech and the 'Jordan' factor because Kobe wore them when they were kids. That carries on to the next generations. Old people like me tend to only want to wear colorways that were worn in games/career moments...those will always move.

The ball gets passed from generation to generation, and release #s like 40K is dropping the ball Nike.

And by 'times change', it's no longer malls or 3rd parties and more emphasis on 'direct-to-consumer', things like SNRKS. Well Nike...if it's about 'direct-to-consumer', how about figuring out how to get them into real consumers hands instead of flippers, scalpers, bots, etc.

Ok so I completely understand and cant blame Nike for not mass producing Protros (basically, how tf they gon sell any Leborns and KDs, who both signed lifetime deals).
BUT - if they have any smarts, they should absolutely flood the market for womens - womens hoops is booming and it works for Vanessa's charity stuff.
They can price GS cheaper, and move more units as well. Seriously, its such a no brainer, big time miss.

Miss walking into a mom n pop just staring at heat on the walls
I was just talking about this with someone. Hard to believe...but the last Kobe I purchased in-store w/o a reserve was the Joker Protro. It was 11am release day, and if I would have been any later, I'm confident I would not have scored them. That was a So Jersey FL. I also walked-in KOP release day and was able to buy the DD 4 Protro months earler...and KOP was notorious for shenanigans. I think both were Fridays. I think the check-in app had already released. I think both stores did have raffles...but I think they must have gotten more pairs than they raffled.

Just a couple years later....and now is like it's a 1 in 1000 online, and 0 in 1000 at no malls.

Ok so I completely understand and cant blame Nike for not mass producing Protros (basically, how tf they gon sell any Leborns and KDs, who both signed lifetime deals).
BUT - if they have any smarts, they should absolutely flood the market for womens - womens hoops is booming and it works for Vanessa's charity stuff.
They can price GS cheaper, and move more units as well. Seriously, its such a no brainer, big time miss.
Yup...and it's so simple. iD and releasing basic team colorways would cover everybody (kids and adults who use them for their intended use) while Nike still gets to feed their precious 'hype and greed' machine with limited releases.

If I (adult who has been buying Kobes since Nike) could get a team shoe to wear casually, and make a couple iDs....I would not bit*h and complain paying $500 or $600 once a year for a limited 40K release retro of OCs or WTK that I just had to have.

At least I would avoid the frustration of SNKRS.

This is evidence that the shoe game is f'd up for loyal fans and true enthusiasts who want stuff like this when garbage like this ends up with them instead. This footwear doesn't match a madam who pimps out her untalented kids. 🙄

Dumb post when I have no connection to her.

It was about my preference that I would rather see common folks who truly like and want the product to be able to obtain it. And those shoes weren't exclusive based on the fact people had the opportunity to try to get them on the release date, albeit at low odds compounded by low supply and high demand.

Back
Top Bottom