Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
I mean it’s a jawn that tells a story of where Kobe grew up in his later teen years. Got his birthday on it too from what I remember.

Last edited:

prefer these tho:

1693991686006.png

Here’s a crazy idea…make all the OG GR IN LARGE quantities and accessible for everyone. They can limit all these new colors. Make up BS storylines all they want and hype up the line that way. I just want a shot at a pair at this point. Tired of seeing these emails from SNKRS
IMG_5604.jpeg

Here’s a crazy idea…make all the OG GR IN LARGE quantities and accessible for everyone. They can limit all these new colors. Make up BS storylines all they want and hype up the line that way. I just want a shot at a pair at this point. Tired of seeing these emails from SNKRS
IMG_5604.jpeg

So when they sit and go to outlets what will you say then?

Will you expect them to keep putting out Kobe's?

IMG_5604.jpeg

I don't think Nike believes Kobes are a viable retail sneaker line anymore. I don't think Nike believes Kobe sneakers would be profitable if made available at retail in substantial numbers.

I think Nike views Kobes in a way similar to jersey sponsor patches...the sponsor patches that can be seen on the sleeves of jerseys in MLB and the NBA. Jerseys are now viewed as corporate billboards, and it seems like Kobe sneakers are being utilized in a similar way. Kobes now seem to Nike's own corporate billboards for the swoosh.

It would explain why Kobes find their way into the hands of athletes and celebs, but not the general public (except for the few bones Nike throws in the direction of the resale market).

I wouldn't be shocked if Kobes never see retail again...especially brick and mortar retail (exception being Nikes own retail locations in LA and a store or two like Undefeated.).

Nike may say otherwise, but I don't buy it. Just my opinion.

Why not? They did it before his death and they kept making them. You're going to have ones that sell well and some that don't. That's retail life.

That's because they order inventory ahead of time. When sneakers sit, they produce less.

It's like some of you forget they are a business and in the business of making money.

That's why we're getting all of these limited boutique releases for sneakers that used to go to outlets.

But pre Kobe passing there were lots that sat every year. Yes they're a business but they're not limiting production solely off of that. Unfortunately, they're capitalizing off of demand sense his passing with limited runs and added hype.

Back
Top Bottom