Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Forefoot cushion is more important than heel though. Im very excited for these. :nthat:
What? Man nah. I gotta grab my rebounds/put backs etc... I need zoom in the heel.

Everyone has a different style of running, or playing so that zoom is needed for all.

Def copping but on heavy disco. Nike tripping.

Nike Selling me some Damm Nah-Tro's

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure how people are reading that and think it says they have removed the zoom in the heel.
I think cause the guy I quoted said it didn't have zoom and then people ran with it. That and Nike's copywriters/PR team wrote about the feature in a very confusing way.

Screenshot_20191219-162935.png

Screenshot_20191219-163010.png

If there was heel zoom why wouldn't they show it in the breakdown? They showed literally every other part/tech spec
The heel zoom wasn't pictured because it wasn't upgraded, the tech was carried over from the original shoe. The foam that it sits in was improved however and that's why the foam midsole is pictured. Everything that was upgraded was pictured: upper, forefoot zoom, midsole, outsole.

The wording definitely implies that there is no heel zoom.
I disagree, read it again:

SOFTER FOAM IN THE MIDSOLE HELPS DELIVER MORE ENERGY RETURN & SIMILAR RESPONSIVENESS TO THE ZOOM AIR UNIT IN THE HEEL.

Replace the marketing speak with simpler words and it would still imply there is heel zoom:

SOFTER FOAM IN THE MIDSOLE IMPROVES THE ZOOM AIR UNIT IN THE HEEL.

they'd be REALLY dumb not to show an existing heel zoom air unit in the deconstructed tech promo pic.

"softer foam in the midsole (of the protro) helps deliver more energy return & similar responsiveness to the zoom air unit in the heel (in the OG)"

I hope I'm wrong though!

Last edited:
they'd be REALLY dumb not to show an existing heel zoom air unit in the deconstructed tech promo pic.
Yes and no. The graphic was used to illustrate the improvements they made, not all of the tech in the shoe.

"softer foam in the midsole helps deliver more energy return & similar responsiveness to the zoom air unit, (that we have in the forefoot) in the heel."

I hope I'm wrong though!

this is what I am getting when I read it

Yes and no. The graphic was used to illustrate the improvements they made, not all of the tech in the shoe.
it makes no sense to present it that way considering what they went through with the 4. That's also never been what those graphics have been used for.

What? Man nah. I gotta grab my rebounds/put backs etc... I need zoom in the heel.

Everyone has a different style of running, or playing so that zoom is needed for all.

Def copping but on heavy disco. Nike tripping.

Nike Selling me some Damm Nah-Tro's
I’m not gonna tell you what’s right or wrong because everyone’s different but I find it awkward that you land on your heels.

it’s horrible for your knees (absorption) and that’s how you cause a heel bone spur

Anyone else have issues with the uppers ripping
I see people in here talking about that, but I had 4 hoop pairs and never had that issue.

I was still running in my 5s til about 2016, and still have wearable casual pairs, so I'm not that far removed from them. I am glad to see many of you are excited to get these again, they are probably the closest thing to a perfect basketball shoe.

I had my fill on the OG GR colorways, including the chaos. I'm only in for Big Stages :smokin

Back
Top Bottom