Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

I’ve tried the 4 n 5 and I prefer the 5.. only thing is it being low so I would sprain my ankle once in awhile. The huarache 2k5 is the perfect hoop shoe imo

it makes no sense to present it that way considering what they went through with the 4. That's also never been what those graphics have been used for.
I work in marketing and understand how a lot of graphic designers’ minds work. They’re very detail oriented and particular. The protro line is about improving the original model. They have no reason to talk about tech that’s 10 years old (even if it’s still effective today). Their goal is to sell the customer on paying the premium ($50) for a allegedly superior product. That’s why everything shown and talked about are the upgrades. It doesn’t make sense to show tech from the original if it hasn’t been upgraded. That’s why there’s no mention of the flywire, heel cup, outrigger or weight.

Regardless, it’s very clearly (albeit confusingly) spelled out in the copy that there’s still heel zoom.

In the end, none of this matters until someone deconstructs the shoe and confirms the tech in the shoe. Nike has lost the privilege to be trusted after the 4s and Jordan XVs.

Somebody is just going to have to cut a pair open to see what’s inside there...Where’s the volunteers at 😂...

I mean after the stuff with the 4’s who the hell knows what Nike did and what they actually mean by that description...

All they need to do is change the word 'heel' with 'forefoot'

"Softer foam in the midsole helps deliver more energy return & similar responsiveness to the zoom air unit in the forefoot"

This is dumb why not make it obvious if there's heel zoom or not. You would think they'd want to be crystal clear after last models release

All they need to do is change the word 'heel' with 'forefoot'

"Softer foam in the midsole helps deliver more energy return & similar responsiveness to the zoom air unit in the forefoot"

Don't you think they would have put that if that's what they meant?

You gonna do a teardown?
👀

giphy.gif

I'm not fastpass

Still have the "zoom air" advertised at the heel on the outsole. But I really don't care with that nice forefoot bag.

Nike really has some balls charging $180 for these and $200 for Brons.

UPDATE (12/20): NBA 2K has officially announced its next challenge in its Gamer Exclusive Program with Nike. Beginning on Dec. 26 at 10 a.m. EST, gamers who surpass Kobe Bryant’s Christmas Day game-high of 42 points in the MyPLAYER Nation and win the game will unlock the Nike Kobe 5 Protro "Chaos" for their in-game player as well as the opportunity to purchase the sneakers a week early through the SNKRS app. Stay tuned for new challenges as the 2019-20 NBA season progresses.

Back
Top Bottom