Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

**** with over half the people in the country not working it’s probably not the best time to drop.
I won’t be working for months

Not releasing sadly according to Solecollector
28CA41C1-8CCE-4932-A84D-FF130C106470.jpeg

So Nike must have their warehouses stacked with Kobe V Lakers and Big Stage/ Parade pairs right now, plus whatever they had already stocked for Mamba day, most probably T-Shirts etc.

Despite Corona, they should release everything on Mamba Day then. The Mamba would have not been stopped by Corona and so shouldn't be his sneakers and apparell, which are part of his legacy

So Nike must have their warehouses stacked with Kobe V Lakers and Big Stage/ Parade pairs right now, plus whatever they had already stocked for Mamba day, most probably T-Shirts etc.

Despite Corona, they should release everything on Mamba Day then. The Mamba would have not been stopped by Corona and so shouldn't be his sneakers and apparell, which are part of his legacy
Not to be that guy but had we taken Corona serious back in January. we wouldn’t be having this conversation

The Mamba would have not been stopped by Corona and so shouldn't be his sneakers and apparell, which are part of his legacy

Good lord, can you guys stop with this corny sh*t? The sneakers will come out when they come out. There is more serious **** in the world going on right now and it's going to only get worse until people take it seriously. Mamba would be at home taking care of his family and not acting like a petulant child worrying about shoes or when they are coming out.

Good lord, can you guys stop with this corny sh*t? The sneakers will come out when they come out. There is more serious **** in the world going on right now and it's going to only get worse until people take it seriously. Mamba would be at home taking care of his family and not acting like a petulant child worrying about shoes or when they are coming out.
:rofl:
How dare you try and talk some sense in here!

I think the release is delayed due to them still trying to figure out how to handle the release of Kobe stuff going forward.

What I would hate is if they just randomly dropped them in outlets once this virus stuff calms down (whenever that may be)

I’m with you. It’s ridiculous right now to be worrying about some kicks coming out.Grow up

I think the release is delayed due to them still trying to figure out how to handle the release of Kobe stuff going forward.

What I would hate is if they just randomly dropped them in outlets once this virus stuff calms down (whenever that may be)

My guy who works at a hoh said they had got the big stage protro the week before he passed and now its just in the backroom chilling on top until nike decides what to do. Like about 24 pairs they got

My guy who works at a hoh said they had got the big stage protro the week before he passed and now its just in the backroom chilling on top until nike decides what to do. Like about 24 pairs they got

Yep. The coronavirus narrative just doesn't make sense.

I'm not an expert but Kobe dying might have had an affect on the contract. I just hope whatever it is that holding these releases up gets resolved so his fans get an opportunity to get more of his line.

Yep. The coronavirus narrative just doesn't make sense.

I'm not an expert but Kobe dying might have had an affect on the contract. I just hope whatever it is that holding these releases up gets resolved so his fans get an opportunity to get more of his line.
Obviously we're all guessing on this topic ... but if I had to bet every cent I have, I'd bet on it mostly being a case of waiting until Vanessa is ready to talk about details (if she hasn't already) and Nike/Vanessa determining whatever it thinks is the best course of action in terms of timing and messaging.

It's been a whole two months and one day since the crash. Seems a lot longer, but that's all it's been. That's not a lot of time. You can bet Nike doesn't want to be seen as monetizing the deaths, and if the company is trying to set it up so a portion of proceeds are donated or anything like that, those things take a fair amount of time to be hashed out and cleared through legal etc etc.

A few months of delay on all of this is nothing in the overall context.

Agreed. More going on than we will ever know.

Just hope they do drop eventually.
Yeah, there seems to be a fair amount of concern from a few people in this thread that no more Kobes are ever going to drop. I dunno, but I find that wholly unlikely. Anything is possible, though. But the only way I see that happening is if Nike or Vanessa has some reason they want it to end. Vanessa seems very committed to maintaining Kobe's (and Gigi's) legacy and not letting his memory fade; continuing to release his shoes is one clear way to further that cause. And if there's potential to take all or a portion of the sales proceeds and donate them to mambaonthree, or the families of the other victims or what have you, that's another big incentive to keep it going. Again, none of us know what's going on or what's going to actually happen, but personally I'll be way more surprised if they pull the plug than I will be if they don't.

Heck, some stores even had the Laker Protro 5s on shelves accidentally. I believe some guy in New Zealand was able to cop a pair before the store realized they weren't supposed to put them out.

For a contract as large as a Nike signature athlete, I can't imagine there wouldn't be legal language in regards to an untimely death.

But whether it's Nike trying to navigate a long-term solution with Kobe's widow, or the current economic situation in the world...the two put together does not make a great time to release sneakers. Hence the constant online sales as of late.

Back
Top Bottom