Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

I believe those MSG shirts originally released before he passed and some sites put them on sale more recently. Mamba academy gear isn't made by Nike. It's blank nike apparel and eastbay has a partnership with the mamba academy to print their logos on them which is why it was always so delayed and shipped in batches. The last time I spoke to my guys about this was a few weeks ago and they said nike was working on finding a solution with Vanessa, so it's very possible that a solution was reached in the last couple weeks.
plus MA is a separate entity, they're up and operating and providing gear to people who participate and part of the foundation.

Did the rift between Nike and Kobe have an impact on why there were so few Kobe 4 protro colorways?
technically how many color ways of the 1's dropped?

the 4's has draft day, pop, carpe, wiz, and 4 undrefeated? also that weird black and yellow? so 9 color ways

3562E6AE-AD1B-46F0-9542-6395BAD1BA45.jpeg
Entering my Kobe number today

A month before kobes passing, i was invited by my mom and pop shop to come and do a survey on the BB adapt 2.0 -- a whole team from nike came to the store to survey 15 people. when everything was done they wanted our opinion on the future releases. there was a lot of stuff including the grinches and bruce lees. the rep that somewhere in the summer. I'm not sure what they will do now because of what happened but those 2 retros were shown.

A month before kobes passing, i was invited by my mom and pop shop to come and do a survey on the BB adapt 2.0 -- a whole team from nike came to the store to survey 15 people. when everything was done they wanted our opinion on the future releases. there was a lot of stuff including the grinches and bruce lees. the rep that somewhere in the summer. I'm not sure what they will do now because of what happened but those 2 retros were shown.
They mentioned the Grinches??

Which Bruce Lees :nerd:

Sorry for asking for this but can you recount all of the shoes they talked about/mentioned after the adapt 2.0 survey? Like anything about Kyries, KDs, Kobes, etc.

They mentioned the Grinches??
yes, they showed them to us. OG all. nothing changed on them

Which Bruce Lees :nerd:

The Vs
Nike-Kobe-5-Bruce-Lee-Product.jpg

Sorry for asking for this but can you recount all of the shoes they talked about/mentioned after the adapt 2.0 survey? Like anything about Kyries, KDs, Kobes, etc.

everything .... all the PGs that have been dropping, KDs, WTKryies looking CRAZYYYY!! the USA olympics kicks every player should be wearing, Lebron 18 prototype, lebron watch (the 15s as the graffiti 4s), the literately had 3 big bags full of kicks.

yes, they showed them to us. OG all. nothing changed on them

Nike-Kobe-5-Bruce-Lee-Product.jpg

everything .... all the PGs that have been dropping, KDs, WTKryies looking CRAZYYYY!! the USA olympics kicks every player should be wearing, Lebron 18 prototype, lebron watch (the 15s as the graffiti 4s), the literately had 3 big bags full of kicks.
so uhh... any description of those WT kyries or KD13 colorways?...

They brought all these kicks to a mom and pop shop ?
yes, two huge black bags with "Property of Nike" and a camo bag in Orange writing "Nike Basketball"

so uhh... any description of those WT kyries or KD13 colorways?...

Im not a fan of the KDs, all my focus was on the LeBrons. WTkyries will be a must cop, it just had so much flavor. just a huge combo off all his released pairs.

Well that's fascinating. Like everyone, would love a Grinch 6 protro, especially as I sold my OG pair back in December. Of course, all bets are off for the moment but I'm confident Kobe Nikes will live on when everything gets sorted out.

7 days until Mamba Day!

Why would you do a survey regarding the Grinch 6s? Nike should know that they would sell out regardless!

Nike low-key sometimes out of touch with what people really want. Just take a look at those two-face Big Stages they gave us.

Nobody:
Nike: Let's bring back the Big Stages but cut them in half!

I was out of buying shoes while in college and never had the new stages, so I’m not really bothered by that and kind of like them And would buy them now. I don’t think it’s out of touch really, but people call it that when they don’t get what they want.

Why would you do a survey regarding the Grinch 6s? Nike should know that they would sell out regardless!
Nike low-key sometimes out of touch with what people really want. Just take a look at those two-face Big Stages they gave us.

Nobody:
Nike: Let's bring back the Big Stages but cut them in half!
:lol:
Agree completely on first glance. But in large corporations, everything is made to have a clear A to b path when it comes to strategies and products. It can be maddening. But there's no way the teams at Nike who run these projects/releases can just sit down in a product planning meeting and say to people above them, we're releasing the Grinch 6s because we "know" everyone wants them. The response will likely be, how do you know that? Saying you know because you see what they sell for on SX etc and how people on NT talk about them won't completely cut it LOL. They likely need to present a larger data set than just that.
It's actually a fair point, depending on what kind of volumes their business model calls for. For sure they know without any research that if they release 5K pairs of something like the Grinches, it's an instant sell through. What about 300K pairs, though? Or whatever larger number they're aiming for? Suddenly the picture might not be quite as clear.

I was out of buying shoes while in college and never had the new stages, so I’m not really bothered by that and kind of like them And would buy them now. I don’t think it’s out of touch really, but people call it that when they don’t get what they want.

It IS out of touch if they're conducting a survey about whether or not basketball sneaker enthusiasts want the Grinches. It's NOT out of touch if they are doing the survey for other purposes such as what rainking rainking mentioned about volume.

It IS out of touch if they're conducting a survey about whether or not basketball sneaker enthusiasts want the Grinches. It's NOT out of touch if they are doing the survey for other purposes such as what rainking rainking mentioned about volume.
Yup. But keep in mind, they might very well be researching it for the first reason you gave. Doesn't necessarily make those people out of touch; they probably know it already, but they have to cover their asses and do it all by the book. That's an unfortunate downside of corporate America. If something goes wrong or targets somehow aren't hit, the people running the project need to be able to say, "Here's all the research we did that led to us doing X with this release." It's a corporate culture thing, not automatically a "the people who work there are morons" thing. I can't even tell you how many working hours I have wasted this year in meetings and doing things through a process that were entirely unnecessary and a complete waste of time for actually doing the things I needed to do on a given project LOL

I think avar should make the last shoe then be done with the Kobe line and just Protro from here on out! That would be so dope but we’ll see

What are you talking about? We all know there won't be any more Kobes for years, if ever, because Nike is the worst shoe company on Earth.
Ok let’s play that game! Still no shoes 3 months out... oh yea if they ever release more the resellers will get ahold of them anyways n resell them for 500+ each. No point in being optimistic!

Back
Top Bottom