Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

did nike scale back on production for the protro 5's more than the protro 1's or 4's? It feels like that lol

Does anyone know how long it takes to produce shoes? I mean I don't know what the deal is between Nike and Vanessa now, but 6 months seems like a long time to produce more pairs if they wanted to do something special for Kobe like mamba week. Keeping the stock low for both shoes and jersey just seems like a slap in the face for "mamba week." Just look at all the backlash Nike was receiving from people on twitter and posted news articles.

Meanwhile, lets just seed out all kinds of PEs and 5xchamp/big stages cw's to the entire NBA players, coaches, and ball boys on the court.
usually a 4-6 month lead time for production and distribution. that doesn't take into consideration sourcing materials etc. in a normal year i'd think they would have time to produce more, but with COVID i'm sure it's impacted supply and manufacturing. its not as if they have a ton of manufacturing capacity available, adding something has a domino effect on other releases as well. not as straightforward as it might seem.

3DA474D7-6A5E-4D96-AAF1-0CF6B714E609.jpeg

SNKRS pair arrived. I think a black sole would look so much better.

That’s a very good point. We let 1s and 4s hit outlets. Nike could’ve just scaled back production because they didn’t think we’d be buying. The 5s were all produced prior to his passing.
Of course they could’ve went back and increased the number of pairs after his passing, but that’s not like Nike.

I wonder if Goat is anticipating people are selling it off individually or there will be an indivial release
Screenshot_20200826_141430.jpg

yeah there are quite a few raffle bots, Hyper is one of the top ones. Theres another one that wins mostly EU raffles, and another raffle bot called Osiris. They eat up everything, from cncpts and DSM, to bait and undftd. Hyper members also took TONS of stock of the Grateful Dead SB's that released on Grateful Dead's website raffle lol.

How the **** does a raffle bot even work? Don't you need to have a load of different e-mails and addresses? Or is that just proof that raffles don't check for duplicates? :nerd:

This is false. Several colorways of the 8s and 9s never sat long enough to be discounted
several colorways of all his shoes never sat. but there have always been a portion of his shoes that had. I myself went all in on the 8s. It brought me back to the line. I personally didnt go after 6's and 7s.

How the **** does a raffle bot even work? Don't you need to have a load of different e-mails and addresses? Or is that just proof that raffles don't check for duplicates? :nerd:

the gist of it is the raffle bots, you make a master email account and it generates tons of emails that all link back to the main email. The raffle bots also help you jig your name and addresses so everything is unique. Unless these companies are sifting thru every entry manually (highly doubt that), they are not going to be able to catch most of these extra entries or maybe they just don't care to catch them. The raffle bots also provide the option of entering raffles with proxies so that each entry doesn't come from the same IP address, so again, the shop's "bot deterrence" can't filter out the extra entries from the same IP.

Last edited:
the gist of it is the raffle bots, you make a master email account and it generates tons of emails that all link back to the main email. The raffle bots also help you jig your name and addresses so everything is unique. Unless these companies are sifting thru every entry manually (highly doubt that), they are not going to be able to catch most of these extra entries or maybe they just don't care to catch them. The raffle bots also provide the option of entering raffles with proxies so that each entry doesn't come from the same IP address, so again, the shop's "bot deterrence" can't filter out the extra entries from the same IP.

Damn, that's pretty smart with the master e-mail. And I just realized people who live in houses can just add a unit # to the end of their address and it'll be unique. For example somebody who lives in 123 Fake Street can just put 123 Fake Street, #(AAA-ZZZ). Combine that with the generated e-mails and you have a ****load of entries :emoji_cry:
The game is ****ed.

But how can they answer questions?

I'm not 100% sure but they probably can add that extra part to your entry to submit. Thats why the longer the raffle is open, the more time it gives bots to push an update to add the question and answer to their bot to submit entries. CNCPTS and Undftd adds questions to answer to submit raffle, yet the bots are still winning on UNDFTD and CNCPTS

That’s a very good point. We let 1s and 4s hit outlets. Nike could’ve just scaled back production because they didn’t think we’d be buying. The 5s were all produced prior to his passing.
Of course they could’ve went back and increased the number of pairs after his passing, but that’s not like Nike.

we?!? True fans picked them up. The issue is we have all these new people throwing off the supply chain. ”no new friends“...

a lot of GR cw kobes sat and hit discount if it didn't hit outlets. I bought the original chaos pair for under $100 from footlocker.

1598485874323.png

even most of the models from 4-11, a lot of GR colorways hit outlets. I bought the ASG XI's at an outlet and that was the last outlet kobe I purchased. Its the limited stuff that I always paid retail for as soon as it released.

Back
Top Bottom