Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Feb 7th...I'm hoping I can get a pair.

IMG_-drozzg.jpg

To the people who are buying the shoes at 2x,3x,4x what they were at last week... I know they are true real Kobe fans, who are grieving and they need the shoes in a very different way than us as NTers ever need shoes. For a Kobe fanatic to buy a pair of Chaos Vs or any other iconic Kobe shoe, or any random Kobe shoe, it’s a way to help them mourn and also to remember, respect, and honor the man. It’s hard to understand but the laws of nature and this world don’t stop. Someone has to supply the shoes that the buyers need. There’s going to be a tax. The whole thing is sad but it’s how it is.

Do the right thing, Nike, and release the Kobes on ID (or Nike By you, whatever). Don't make them limited. Every fan should have a pair.

I am a hardcore Celtics fan and rooted against Kobe pretty much his whole career. However, I've always respected his passion and determination, where the first non-Jordan signature shoe I ever bought were Kobes. Had the Adidas Kobe 1s a week before the release date. Bought and loved the 2K4 Huaraches, which were supposed to be Kobe's 1st signature shoe with Nike before they got rebranded, and my only Nike IDs I've ever purchased all happened to be Kobes (2K4s and Kobe 9s). RIP Kobe.

RIP Kobe...I grew up being an MJ and Bulls fan living in Milwaukee. When he mimic'd all of MJs moves I knew we were in good hands after MJ retired. You were ONE of the Greats to ever play the game! May you rest in peace! #MambaOut

Regret trashing my first ever Kobe (5 black) and the milkdud 8 since the traction was just so bad. Kept the others from 6-10, 11 got stolen but I’ll be trying to clean and wear these again. Also glad I kept my ID for my grail cabinet. I know these weren’t even coveted prior to the news.

Attachments

• 87C31AFD-379A-4670-949B-8036E751577D.jpeg
    87C31AFD-379A-4670-949B-8036E751577D.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 428
I always wanted the FTB 11's, but they were near impossible to find at a reasonable price. I remember always looking though and the lowest I ever saw it was 500-600 for a size 9. This was maybe within the last year and I wasn't sure how good the reps were since I remember these going for 1000 when they first dropped. Still want a pair for my collection, but man, gone are the days that I'll be able to buy for a reasonable price.

Do the right thing, Nike, and release the Kobes on ID (or Nike By you, whatever). Don't make them limited. Every fan should have a pair.

I am a hardcore Celtics fan and rooted against Kobe pretty much his whole career. However, I've always respected his passion and determination, where the first non-Jordan signature shoe I ever bought were Kobes. Had the Adidas Kobe 1s a week before the release date. Bought and loved the 2K4 Huaraches, which were supposed to be Kobe's 1st signature shoe with Nike before they got rebranded, and my only Nike IDs I've ever purchased all happened to be Kobes (2K4s and Kobe 9s). RIP Kobe.

Huarache 2K4s were my favourite ball shoes. I remember it was the first pair of shoes I bought where the 'cool' basketball playing kids actually gave me daps for in high school. I think outside of those, I loved playing in the Kobe 9s. I couldn't justify paying resell for the Kobe 9 Elites so I ended up getting an EM pair but the traction was godly. I want to get a pair of the Elite Details. Those and the Gumbos were my favourite. I'd also love to see the Kobe 8s Protroed.

Man, today feels just as bad as yesterday. Even with him retiring, we still saw so much of him in the media and he was out there making people's lives better, pushing so many positive aspects of the game. I'm not a Lakers fan, but him even just retiring from the league was an emotional moment, to have his life tragically cut short. Makes you really think about life in a different way. RIP to a true icon. The first legend whose career I got to see from start to finish. All-Star weekend is going to be emotional AF. I hope they do it right.

Heartbroken. For Kobe and especially Gigi.

Hoping Nike blows us out of the water with some wide-spread releases so we can remember their legacy.

Mamba Mentality Forever

I always wanted the FTB 11's, but they were near impossible to find at a reasonable price. I remember always looking though and the lowest I ever saw it was 500-600 for a size 9. This was maybe within the last year and I wasn't sure how good the reps were since I remember these going for 1000 when they first dropped. Still want a pair for my collection, but man, gone are the days that I'll be able to buy for a reasonable price.

Same. I'll never own a pair of FTB 11s now (only pair I went after during the FTB release) unless I'm willing to pay that ridiculous premium.

Heartbroken. For Kobe and especially Gigi.

Hoping Nike blows us out of the water with some wide-spread releases so we can remember their legacy.

Mamba Mentality Forever

Seriously. If Nike does do some special release, they better not make it some BS limited drop.
But at the same time, they know they'll be overburdened with an insane amount of orders worldwide if they don't limit it.
Kobe is a God in China - just think about how many pairs will have to be produced for China alone.

Crazy. Just crazy. Kobe and the lakers mean so much to me. Not going to say here why but maybe someday.

Also I just feel so disgusted and disappointed with the sneaker community. Resellers increasing their prices and trying to capitalize on this tragic event. I’m done. I’ve been done but this it for me. I collect Kobe’s because I love Kobe man. If Nike makes his next shoe release limited. I’m done with them too. It’s just sad and disgusting.

props to the real ones here. Live life to the absolute fullest my brothers.

Back
Top Bottom