Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

No there is no reason to sell these shoes at such high premium. To make money at the loss of Kobe or any such loss is price gauging and disgusting. Kobe is one of my all-time favorite players and I love his shoes but I refuse to jack prices now to make a profit for this reason. IF you are selling at these prices then just admit it without making excuses that someone has to. You want the money and you are taking advantage of the situation. I refuse to. If you are selling at exorbitant prices now then you are the same as those who take advance of those in need during a crisis. I will keep mine and wear them and keep the ones I was keeping anyway. TO each his own. But if you are selling then at least just say it without the excuses.

If they put the 4s on ID I'll only wear Kobes on court for the rest of my life.

Would be nice of Nike to do something like that, but they've moved on from the 4s.

Also, how would they decide which pair of Kobes to put on ID? They can't just put the 5s and forget about the 1s and 4s that have already released.

This leads me to believe they won't create a shoe as a tribute to Kobe, but maybe an apparel item.

I have been reflecting on the shoe market and the bs that has overtaken the kobe line. Honestly, it's so disgusting that people could take advantage of the situation and jack up their prices. I really do hope that the people buying are doing so as a means of memorabilia that they want for Kobe and not to buy low and sell high.

As a true Kobe fan, I wouldn't mind buying my "grail" kobe, the ftb 11, but at the same time, I ain't trying to pay 5k for it. I have enough in my Kobe collection to appreciate, but that was always my one shoe that I wanted from the Kobe line. If I can add that to my authentic kobe jersey and 11 IDs, I'd be happy.

Do not attempt to justify being a scumbag. Nike legitimate distributors and fans have ZERO need for resellers.
What are you talking about bro. Nike don’t sell the shoes people want. If that were the case this wouldn’t be a discussion. Nike releases whatever number they choose to, and when they’re gone they’re gone. I been in this game for 20 years man, I know how this works. I’m not saying it’s right. This world is a f’ed up place, I’m sorry you haven’t learned that yet.

No there is no reason to sell these shoes at such high premium. To make money at the loss of Kobe or any such loss is price gauging and disgusting. Kobe is one of my all-time favorite players and I love his shoes but I refuse to jack prices now to make a profit for this reason. IF you are selling at these prices then just admit it without making excuses that someone has to. You want the money and you are taking advantage of the situation. I refuse to. If you are selling at exorbitant prices now then you are the same as those who take advance of those in need during a crisis. I will keep mine and wear them and keep the ones I was keeping anyway. TO each his own. But if you are selling then at least just say it without the excuses.
I understand what you are saying, but I disagree. There is a market, and it was made through the death of a famous individual. You'd be shocked to see the price of a racing car that was once owned by Steve McQueen. If you are that big of a fan? The price is justified, if you are willing to pay it.

Today’s wear
FA684509-D094-431A-A8E6-48B952198888.jpeg

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree. There is a market, and it was made through the death of a famous individual. You'd be shocked to see the price of a racing car that was once owned by Steve McQueen. If you are that big of a fan? The price is justified, if you are willing to pay it.

I agree with you bro. It’s f’ed up but it’s reality. I am not saying someone can’t be mad about it. There’s a lot of shxt in this world that people should be mad about. This is one of those things where there’s nothing anyone can do about it. It’s supply and demand. People loved Kobe, myself included. Now that he’s gone, people gonna want his stuff 10x more.

I agree with you bro. It’s f’ed up but it’s reality. I am not saying someone can’t be mad about it. There’s a lot of shxt in this world that people should be mad about. This is one of those things where there’s nothing anyone can do about it. It’s supply and demand. People loved Kobe, myself included. Now that he’s gone, people gonna want his stuff 10x more.
Yup, and the people who didn't like him, especially if they have something of value in relation to him? They are going to make some bread.

Example, I would have gouged the hell out of Elvis fans with no remorse.

Whilst I really hate the price increases, the problem is that is the market. Before Kobe was alive the market would pay X. Now that hes gone people are willing to pay 3X. You gotta blame the buyers as well. Vote with your wallets.

I think you guys are overreacting. I honestly don’t mind prices skyrocketing. It’s a nice tribute to see some attention given to the long neglected Kobe line again. I don’t fault anyone for trying to make money as long as it’s not directly hurting anyone. If someone offered me 500-1000 dollars for a shoe I didn’t want, I’m packing that up and sending it off. If a buyer wants to spend 1000 dollars then so be it. That being said, my Kobes are Not. For. Sale.

Wanted a pair of 5s to eventually hoop in

but I guess that won’t be so possible now :lol:

also I get it about the resell but for every sneaker or item resold there is someone behind that product that genuinely, truly wants it. And they are going wtf! I wanted that, I’m so and so biggest fan!

We can’t all of a sudden have some kind of sellers moral code because of Kobe passing

one thing I’ve always preached is buyers control the market. Don’t like the price. Let it sit and people will adjust

20200127_174350.jpg

Paint kit got in today. Was initially hesitant since itll be the largest touch up job ive taken on but now more than ever i know its time to channel that inner Mamba. If a believer bet Bruce and Kobe up there choppin it up.
Grails. Enjoy the process.

Back
Top Bottom