Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

if nike does get back to retroing his shoes and clothes...imo it should be done classy and thoughtful to honor and commemorate his legacy.

instead of dropping random colorways all year round milking a tragedy...have one collection release a year on 8/24 that includes a GR release of a retro that everybody can get in on and a more limited pair for the collectors. if they decide to come up with a new colorway of a retro, there should be a theme that highlights a defining kobe attribute, a moment in his career, or accolades he has accomplished. proceeds should go to his charity or mamba academy to birth the new generation of ballers in his remembrance.

if nike does get back to retroing his shoes and clothes...imo it should be done classy and thoughtful to honor and commemorate his legacy.

instead of dropping random colorways all year round milking a tragedy...have one collection release a year on 8/24 that includes a GR release of a retro that everybody can get in on and a more limited pair for the collectors. if they decide to come up with a new colorway of a retro, there should be a theme that highlights a defining kobe attribute, a moment in his career, or accolades he has accomplished. proceeds should go to his charity or mamba academy to birth the new generation of ballers in his remembrance.
I agree with the new colorways being part of a Kobe Moment similar to how Nike was doing the NBA Icons Moments shirt with Kobe with the 81pt and 61pt tees. I would love to see some of the new colorways be a PE he wore as well.

instead of dropping random colorways all year round milking a tragedy...have one collection release a year on 8/24 that includes a GR release of a retro that everybody can get in on and a more limited pair for the collectors.
While I totally understand your overall sentiment, in my opinion doing what you suggest here would be the definition of milking a tragedy. A once-per-year drop of only one GR colorway and one limited colorway? Even if Kobe were still here, doing his releases that way would have been nothing but a hype play. Chances are, even the "GR" pair would become a pain because everyone knew it was all we get every year.
To me, the real definition of not "milking the tragedy" would be to just carry on with and extending the plans they already had. Adjusting the planned releases and volumes because Kobe died is the last thing I want to see.

While I totally understand your overall sentiment, in my opinion doing what you suggest here would be the definition of milking a tragedy. A once-per-year drop of only one GR colorway and one limited colorway? Even if Kobe were still here, doing his releases that way would have been nothing but a hype play. Chances are, even the "GR" pair would become a pain because everyone knew it was all we get every year.
To me, the real definition of not "milking the tragedy" would be to just carry on with and extending the plans they already had. Adjusting the planned releases and volumes because Kobe died is the last thing I want to see.

maybe once a year is too few...he has so many shoes it’ll be 20 years + before the retro and color we wanted gets dropped lol. maybe have a mamba day, 8/24 and xmas release. to remedy the hype, nike could do several things such as making large supply, multiple batches or a preorder. theyll have the logistics and adjust the supply so that everybody can get a pair.

Like a mini Jordan line it sounds like. Retro with OG colorways but also new colorways.

Everyone misses Kobe. It was 4/13 Mamba Day. Nike did absolutely nothing. Maybe a video recap of the line in celebration. Maybe get Eric avar to say a few words about the last thing they worked on or share some special moments. Even just saying that they are currently still in talks with Vanessa and they will take as long as they need (of course, no problem!). It’s not easy but it’s their responsibility, it’s their line, and Kobe signed to them and millions of fans have supported for over a decade. Keep in mind the Mamba Rage did drop. Just give us a what’s up and keep us together as a community smh it’s not that hard.

Everyone misses Kobe. It was 4/13 Mamba Day. Nike did absolutely nothing. Maybe a video recap of the line in celebration. Maybe get Eric avar to say a few words about the last thing they worked on or share some special moments. Even just saying that they are currently still in talks with Vanessa and they will take as long as they need (of course, no problem!). It’s not easy but it’s their responsibility, it’s their line, and Kobe signed to them and millions of fans have supported for over a decade. Keep in mind the Mamba Rage did drop. Just give us a what’s up and keep us together as a community smh it’s not that hard.
I’m with u man! But don’t act like u care cuz people on here will say u are a baby and how he just passed away and we don’t deserve to be mad or upset that there’s no communication smh. I guess were the bad guys

The issue is that Kobe's contract with Nike was voided after his passing. Until Vanessa signs a new deal, Nike can't release any more shoes or new merchandise. I hope it will be worked out with Vanessa, but there was a bit of a rift growing between Nike and Kobe with his deal being up next year. There were some things Kobe felt he was slighted on by Nike and he wasn't negotiating a re up on the deal. Hopefully it is settled and Nike finds a way to donate a portion of the sales to his foundation for eternity.

Also, after the tragedy, Avar went back in the lab for a final model in case it's allowed to happen

Can anybody verify this? I'm not saying its not true, I'd be interested in hearing more information though.

For the preachy scared folk..... ya know ya could do things differently after all this if you truly cared about getting sick. Lose weight.... get your cardiovascular health up..... Besides the elderly, another of fat people (body positive) with respiratory issues passing away. I say try not to be one of them. If I were fat, this situation would be a wake up call.
Get your health right if you actually care about the likelihood of getting this. I haven't seen a mass of fit people dying.....

Sent by my friend. I don’t know how this seller got em. Here in Australia btw

1C8A5908-13D5-48AD-AB6A-39AA012C584A.jpeg

Some places overseas released them accidentally. Anybody who was in the stores at the right time could've copped.

How much room in the basketball production line is there to fit all of the Kobe models ??

Really? I have my doubts at least for Europe, nobody released anything over here, they are sitting in Nike's warehouse in the Netherlands though, together with the Big Stage/ 5 Rings pair.

Yes, as mentioned in the post, I think some stores in Australia released them by accident.

Yes, as mentioned in the post, I think some stores in Australia released them by accident.

I wonder which stores that were? Nobody in here would probably know that? I got folks down there, which I would ask to go there to check them out.

There are also a bunch of fakes from China for both the LA and Split Big Stage/Parade pairs. The LA one doesn't look too far off compared to the pics of what the NBA players wore. The Big Stage/Parade looks crazy bad though.

Becareful buying from Ebay and sellers. I wouldn't risk it now until the official release is out. I don't see a point on getting them so early to Flex since its not like we can go out to play some Ball or any gatherings anyways....

Be safe fam!

With lack of any updates from Nike, I bit the bullet and got the protro Chaos V’s. Been eyeing it for a while and decided I needed a shoe Kobe actually wore. Also fitting it was the last line in which he won his final championship.
Also got the OG inline 4’s :smokin

I wonder which stores that were? Nobody in here would probably know that? I got folks down there, which I would ask to go there to check them out.

No clue. If you look back a few weeks in this thread, there might be more info. But I'm pretty sure any pairs that were still out got pulled from the shelves quickly after word got out.

Back
Top Bottom