Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

You’re absolutely right, I don’t “have to have them” but I work my *** off everyday and really want them, and yeah resellers can go ply in traffic and die, it sucks that I have to hand over my money to them, but what other way am I gonna get the shoes? Drop 5K on a bot and join them?
Bots cost 5K? I honestly have no idea.

If you buy from a reseller, you can't really complain about them. You don't get to have it both ways.

Last edited:
Must be nice being able to actually get these

1598314440405.png

Caron and Kobe were friends, not mad at all.

The Lakers pair is the best one by far.... if it had a black outsole I would consider resale.

For my LA peeps....

Was listening to ESPN 710 a few minutes ago and they were talking about Kobe day. A caller got on the line and started talking about the shoes and how its impossible to get them now because of the bots. John Ireland said he has a buddy that works at Nike specifically on the Kobe line and that he was going to email him to try to get some answers.

Would be nice to hear something back from Nike about the situation....

His buddy's response: Yep.

159115.gif

I totally understand if you want a product so bad you’re willing to pay the resale price. But if you can hold off, and we stop feeding resellers, that’s the only way Nike will ever change.

I’ve made a point to not pay over retail, and to not buy any colorways of sneakers I sort of like, but don’t love. It’s that behavior that Nike thrives off of, generating hype and keeping people unsatisfied while we all buy alternatives like dior/yeezy/sb inspired iDs, less desirable colorways, and Aj1 Mids/takedowns. It’s tough, but this game will go on and on for as long as we keep giving them and resellers money. And honestly in doing this, I started to realize I don’t need every colorway and every model. I’d rather spend my money on other things (and brands) rather than Nikes hype game.

Look at what happened with Jordan Brand when the hype (and resale) started to die with all the poor quality retro+ colorways around 2010-2016 or so. eventually they had to GR original colorways w Nike Air branding.

I personally find it a bit distasteful that Nike is capitalizing on Kobes death by hyping up limited releases to maximize future earnings. This Mamba week or we theyre marketing it as, clearly isn’t about celebrating Kobe or his charitable work, it’s about generating hype for Nike and a potential brand they can sell. If they wanted to do something to celebrate Kobes name w fans and to truly maximize the impact on his charity, they could easily make a few GR releases or apparel that would generate a lot more money and give fans something to celebrate, but clearly that’s not the intent. And that’s fine, it just makes me want to buy fewer Nike products.

neca has a preorder service for their popular figures where they leave a window open for a week for people to order. this was in response from angry fans as figures would sell out instantly due to bots. wish nike would do something like this.

they just recently began the week window to preorder. not even a month ago they were having these issues.

neca has a preorder service for their popular figures where they leave a window open for a week for people to order. this was in response from angry fans as figures would sell out instantly due to bots. wish nike would do something like this.

Nike: Neca please!!!

I totally understand if you want a product so bad you’re willing to pay the resale price. But if you can hold off, and we stop feeding resellers, that’s the only way Nike will ever change.

I’ve made a point to not pay over retail, and to not buy any colorways of sneakers I sort of like, but don’t love. It’s that behavior that Nike thrives off of, generating hype and keeping people unsatisfied while we all buy alternatives like dior/yeezy/sb inspired iDs, less desirable colorways, and Aj1 Mids/takedowns. It’s tough, but this game will go on and on for as long as we keep giving them and resellers money. And honestly in doing this, I started to realize I don’t need every colorway and every model. I’d rather spend my money on other things (and brands) rather than Nikes hype game.

Look at what happened with Jordan Brand when the hype (and resale) started to die with all the poor quality retro+ colorways around 2010-2016 or so. eventually they had to GR original colorways w Nike Air branding.

I personally find it a bit distasteful that Nike is capitalizing on Kobes death by hyping up limited releases to maximize future earnings. This Mamba week or we theyre marketing it as, clearly isn’t about celebrating Kobe or his charitable work, it’s about generating hype for Nike and a potential brand they can sell. If they wanted to do something to celebrate Kobes name w fans and to truly maximize the impact on his charity, they could easily make a few GR releases or apparel that would generate a lot more money and give fans something to celebrate, but clearly that’s not the intent. And that’s fine, it just makes me want to buy fewer Nike products.
Of all companies, Nike sits at the top of mount hype. They have an excellent marketing team who are able to conceptualize hype years in advance
They know exactly what they’re doing

Nike is rich AF, they can literally put an end to all this bull**** if they want but hype sells

Let's start an online petition to nike🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom