Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Your ankles be folding over the sides to make it wear down like that??
I can’t even give you a reason why haha . I’m not a big dude either. 5’9 165lbs , I run and cut alot.

Only thing I can think of is that I am flat footed and somehow that is contributing to this .

My other Kobe’s trending right behind em

A7E342F2-BEC7-44B0-B694-64EE9D3576DF.jpeg

It's the medial part of his shoes tho

True I just mean there’s a lot of other things that can be scuffing them if he’s hooping a bunch. For whatever reason V’s we’re notorious for having tears around the ankles. I’d see so many pairs I was about to cop and then they’d have those tears. Everything else would be clean too :smh:

Legitimately confused how he got that much wear on the medial ankle part just from hoopin :lol:

There has to be consistent rubbing not just random feet stepping on his foot in traffic a couple of times

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one that wears "expensive" (resale ≠ value) shoes rather than putting them in a display case.

Gonna break out the grinch if my team makes the finals. My (rare I think, haven't checked stockx in a while) 11.5 size will would give me stupid profit but idgaf

Legitimately confused how he got that much wear on the medial ankle part just from hoopin :lol:

There has to be consistent rubbing not just random feet stepping on his foot in traffic a couple of times

That definitely happens to my hoop shoes too.
Some of my theories were:
The ankle liners consistently rubbing together when you hold the shoes together walking into the gym :lol:
Or, them occasionally rubbing together and not noticing when you're in the air after taking a jumper.

That happens to all my low top hoop shoes. I think it’s the part where my sock covers my ankle bone that keeps rubbing the lining

But it happens on the outer edge of the medial liner. If it happens on the inner edge of the medial liner, then that sock theory would make sense. It seems like it has to be from contact from the other shoe.

Now that I think about it, those tears on the outer medial liner is most likely from the rubbing that happens while you're driving to the bucket. Your feet tend to cross each other when making those steps.
It’s most likely this. I get it too sometimes (not this bad) one time i remember i split the double and one of the defenders clipped my leg, as I stumbled through my feet rubbed together. Most of the time i don’t even notice though.

It could also happen in the paint or on post up moves, you drop step around a defender foot.

I guess I don’t see what is so hard to believe about hooping in shoes a bunch and then getting broken down where said model is notorious for getting rips

Back
Top Bottom