Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by TXZ

You know why I really like this shoe?

There's no big #*+#%++ swoosh on the side. Recent, more technologically-advanced Nike B-Ball kicks always have that giant logo on there, and it took this retro hybrid to finally get rid of that repetitive design element. It's refreshing.

Yeah, it's really ground breaking, a Nike sneaker has never been without a swoosh before
If you're being sarcastic, what my post was implying was that the giant swoosh design element has been a more recent trend, and it took a retro hybrid (or the Foam One for that matter) to buck that trend. A practically logoless or minimalist design was a staple of late 90s-early 2000s Nikes, which made them look more futuristic than a lot of today's kicks, which is a bit illogical because it seems like design is going backwards instead of forwards. So, the Zoom Rookie, a new design made up of older designs, actually looks more futuristic than today's shoes by, among other things, eschewing a giant logo. And I thought it was nice to have a new shoe look like that.

before i make a final decision i want to see them in hand, until then i don't think they're terrible, a nice combination of the earlier shoes penny wore, lets just say they have some potential

Originally Posted by evisumane123

Air-Randy is saying the blue ones are limited to 200 pairs,

The white ones are actually glow in the dark btw....

30t6p3b.gif

still copped

200 pair!!... Hope not serious... If so Definatly no cop for me..lol... They would do some limited bS on the ones I like the most... Ima still hope it's not true

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by nimhet

what's the purpose of the pod things on the side? They remind me of water polo players caps.

They're from the 1st pennys
There are from the Air Flight Ones 
I know which shoes they are from...just wondering if there was any reason for them or was it just a cosmetic / design thing.

Those royals are actually dope as hell. Glad to see nike actually doing something right with their new bball releases. I wonder what HOH exclusive colorways are gonna drop, if any.

^^^^Lawd! Them thangs are SEXY!!!
I still want the all-reds but I need those binary blues.
smokin.gif

i agree with dude on the page before im not feelin the back of this shoe at all... that wont stop me though

Back
Top Bottom