Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Some good news and bad news: I know some will be upset with the way I deliver this news but read between the lines because I'd rather keep my info flow than be worried about people not figuring out what Im about to say in a round about way lolol

Bad news First...

Dont look to see that Crip Colored Hue making it to retail.

Good news:

Theres a 50/50 Chance that Memph Bleek Hue see's it way on a limited basis....

Just sayin.. if you can't figure that out... start over.

release an All Red colorway but not an all blue colorway? really? and we're already getting an all red foamposite one in february....doesn't make sense....Ill pass....thanks Rock

I STILL CANT SAY ONE IS BETTER OVER THE OTHER...BUT HALF CENTS LOOK STRANGE FROM THE AERIAL VIEW MINUS THE ALL BLACK ONES... BUT THE DESIGN ON THESE ROOKIES ARE 
smokin.gif

Some good news and bad news: I know some will be upset with the way I deliver this news but read between the lines because I'd rather keep my info flow than be worried about people not figuring out what Im about to say in a round about way lolol

Bad news First...

Good news:

Delivering breaking news?
Gentry said the All blues weren't dropping at the Vegas Penny event lol

I tried on the Binary Blues the other day and I was PISSEDD. Why the EFFF is nike so cheap not to include zoom air in a $200 shoe?!? The cushioning felt super flat and stiff. Foamposites are awesome cuz they always have really responsive cushioning.

Originally Posted by never wear them

The royal penny pair is the only one that mattered. It's the only one that attracted me.... Cranberrys did too but ehh, passed.

Totally agree. Royal joints are the only ones I copped and passed on the other colorways even for mad cheap.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Bad news First...

Good news:

release an All Red colorway but not an all blue colorway? really? and we're already getting an all red foamposite one in february....doesn't make sense....Ill pass....thanks Rock

Other way around my man....at least you appreciate the info Up.. lol.. the dude below... not so much.. 
grin.gif

Delivering breaking news?
Gentry said the All blues weren't dropping at the Vegas Penny event lol

RIF stands for reading is Fundamental.  Gentry said right now it doesn't appear to be.

Above I said 50/50

Not breaking news bruh.... just sharing.  Take it leave it or both.

Reds not seeing the day of light is what breaks my heart though...I hope that changes down the road.

i knew what you meant, rock. thanks for sharing the info. at this point, i think i only want to cop the purple ones. i think they are the best of the bunch.

as far as the reds/blues i think they're both overkill and i would not be looking to cop either. obviously both would have to be limited or they'd fail at retail. i knew what u were saying also rock as i immediately thought why would they release the uglier of the 2, which imo is the memph blues. either way PASS!

Originally Posted by issa3032

I tried on the Binary Blues the other day and I was PISSEDD. Why the EFFF is nike so cheap not to include zoom air in a $200 shoe?!? The cushioning felt super flat and stiff. Foamposites are awesome cuz they always have really responsive cushioning.

those of u that share this sentiment are def. 100% correct, obviously. the design of the shoe made me overlook "comfort" bc i'm not hooping in these. these are obviously not for hooping anyway. but again, for a $200 shoe these should def. have adequate cushioning.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Really curious to see how the smoke colored sole from the GITD's would look on those black/oranges....

bro, we already know exactly how they'd look. DOPE!

Charm I disagree... I cried a little on the inside hearing those Reds wont be seeing the day of light.

I am whatever on the blue joints but knowing I've been disappointed on release colors of Lebrons over the years and other kicks and the 2K3s never retroing... I just want better for these and if that means all I have to look forward to are the "Eggplants" in due time and simply the All Black joints...

Its what I'll do. I wont like it... but what can I do?

I can understand that Foamposite Retros and even the Half-Cents aren't meant for hooping. But this is a BRAND new shoe, not a retro and hell Penny even wore them in those exhibitions games. My impression was this is a high-end performance shoe...it sure looks like a performance shoe..
I agree with you though, they are really nice to look at design-wise.

CharmCityKid wrote:

those of u that share this sentiment are def. 100% correct, obviously. the design of the shoe made me overlook "comfort" bc i'm not hooping in these. these are obviously not for hooping anyway. but again, for a $200 shoe these should def. have adequate cushioning.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

i still think the rookies are a dope-looking shoe but i just can't get into them because of that lack of cushioning. no forefoot zoom and the heel zoom is like smaller than a strip of juicy fruit lol. you can see how small that stick-shaped zoom bag is on nightwing2303's site where he gives his first impression. oh well it's $200 a pop saved. was gonna go in on the binary and blackout too.

QFT
was beginning to think i was the only one that felt this way...

I wont lie.. that is the ONLY thing this design is lacking.

I like many others wont be balling in this joint but I can appreciate the sweet feel of Zoom underneath my entire foot when just stunting though.

If you're on the fence with the Binaries i'd highly recommend picking up a pair, I recently got mine and they're crazy. Great quality, and comfort is great after 2-3 wears. Couldn't tell ya how many necks I've broken so far.

JC Im with you.. Im probably in Zoom Rookie Troll overload I love this shoe so much and I always say to each their own....

But when I read folks who say they've seen the show in person and wasn't as impressed by it, Im wondering what kind of Poo Poo light were they seeing the shoe in and that store should be shut down!! lolol

But for those who cant get with it due to price and Zoom not being thru out I cant blame them at all.

welp, i noticed my socks i wore had blue dye on them from my jeans. checked out my GITDs and saw the "scene". guess that means GITDs are officially jeans only and will get no summertime play. this also means the white/blacks are on the hit list now.

look of the clear sole on the white/blacks growing on me a little, but having GITDs i see no need to go there

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

these >> half cents by a long shot. not even close.

I said this a minute ago
smokin.gif

People are going to sleep, because so much other stuffs(III's, Concords, Brons) releasing at the end of the year, plus Christmas responsibilities, and they're going to regret it.

Of course I picked up the royals, full price

But the only other ones that were worthy to me were the blacks and silver, and I got those for like $100

They messed up the 1/2 cents when they started doing cranberry and that atrocious black and green
30t6p3b.gif

1/2's are a lot bulkier, but more comfortable to wear IMO.

But when I read folks who say they've seen the show in person and wasn't as impressed by it, Im wondering what kind of Poo Poo light were they seeing the shoe in and that store should be shut down!! lolol

Sounds like dudes who just can't afford to play. Cause looks-wise the Zoom Rookies are beyond impressive.
I'd probably own Atlantics too if I ever saw a pair in person.
happy.gif

But then again, can't knock a sneakerhead that's on a budget.....$200 is still $200.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

look of the clear sole on the white/blacks growing on me a little, but having GITDs i see no need to go there

Oh you will go there, trust me 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom