Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I wont lie.. that is the ONLY thing this design is lacking.

I like many others wont be balling in this joint but I can appreciate the sweet feel of Zoom underneath my entire foot when just stunting though.

i would think that after seeing that little funny shaped zoom bag on nightwings review, i have to think that these were designed to use a flightposite insole with the embedded heel and forefoot zoom and maybe nike got greedy at the last minute and put in normal insoles, and that funny heel unit as an afterthought because they knew that this was a hot design and they would sell no matter what, and that the majority of people buying would never think of playing ball in them.  all the shoes that this shoe is taken from have good cushioning setups, so just disappointing that this shoe looks soooo good, but lacks so much...

Hey Dr. Damon....

One thing I can say about Nike Sportswear is that yes they are use to cutting the fat out of retro's but with Penny kicks being performance kicks in the past.. I dont think they'd be too reserved about improving on what they've already created and perhaps do a Zoom Rookie 1.2 with Full Zoom.

No information that Ive heard about such, but with the new changes in leadership and utilizing of Dolce and his fierce design skills Im not saying its not possible.

Yeah I have a feeling they initially planned to use a full length zoom air insole (like Flightposite 3's) and to have that little rectangular zoom air unit. So it would be "double-stacked" zoom in the heel. But they cheaped out at the last minute. My hunch is that Penny's have zoom air insoles or probably his own custom insoles/orthotic.

If the all blacks look anything like this....Im in...

0345d24274057221596d788e81ecca18.jpg

I hope the Purps have a more metallic hue than this....

6f4ec1284655b4e672fd27e50b736900.jpg

Originally Posted by dontae

I'm waiting on these White and Black joints with that gum bottom!!!

THE BOTTOMS WILL BE CLEAR... NikeDealer... ARE THOSE OFFICIAL PICS?? @%! HAPPENED TO THE CLEAR BOTTOMS ON THE EGGPLANTS... THEY LOOK PURPLE..
frown.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by j o 19

Originally Posted by dontae

I'm waiting on these White and Black joints with that gum bottom!!!

THE BOTTOMS WILL BE CLEAR... NikeDealer... ARE THOSE OFFICIAL PICS?? @%! HAPPENED TO THE CLEAR BOTTOMS ON THE EGGPLANTS... THEY LOOK PURPLE..
frown.gif
eyes.gif

Correct.... gum bottoms = clear bottoms where I'm from... lol

Heck no... I posted these from the Asian Auction sites and those are def. not official nor real to my belief.

Hence why I said IF the Blacks look like that Im in and I hope the Purps are MORE Metallic. As seen in the SC pics previously.

The fakes are getting TOO good so buyer beware.

yeah Rock and Issa, i was thinking that they may have some other more expensive supreme version with the zoom in it come out later, but there is no way that penny's pairs have no cushioning in them like the retail versions. i think that the possible scraped double stacked in the heel theory that might of been scraped could be true. why else would there be such a wack little zoom unit?   Thos all blacks look SOOO SOOO GOOD. man, why did they have the cheap them out???
I think this pic says it all. courtesy of nightwing2303. 200 bucks for this? cmon nike!!!
mad.gif

Nike getting over on us... Like MJ is on the NBA right now!!! I'm done supporting MJ straight sellout!

So the only confirmed colorways to release in the near future are the white black and the eggplant purple?

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

i still think the rookies are a dope-looking shoe but i just can't get into them because of that lack of cushioning. no forefoot zoom and the heel zoom is like smaller than a strip of juicy fruit lol. you can see how small that stick-shaped zoom bag is on nightwing2303's site where he gives his first impression. oh well it's $200 a pop saved. was gonna go in on the binary and blackout too.

QFT
was beginning to think i was the only one that felt this way...

Guise >!
 I FOUND THE SOLUTION !
happy.gif

Change the Nike "Zoom" Rookie insole and swap it for a Nike SB Dunk insole in the same size and VUALA !
1254172884282.jpg

Gives it that comfort  needed in the heel and forefoot, just give it a try
pimp.gif

Snatch out the insoles from the flightposites.
Heck, go to an outlet and pull a switch-a-roo on a pair of fp2's lol.
Full length zoom!

Stealing is illegal, though..

2lsbp8n.jpg

Ya know, I NEVER liked/cared for this color until this picture....
smokin.gif

i am sure the flightposite 2 insoles would do wonders for the comfort and performance and I do have some but i shouldn't have to substitute insoles on a 200 dollar basketball shoe to make it comfortble.  nike is bending people over on this shoe.

^

Very true, should have came with an full length sole. shoes seems flat as is now, like it was meant to have that sole...

When i take the insole out of a flightposite and put my foot in, that's how these feel.

About to go try that now and see how it feels with the insole of the FP..

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

i am sure the flightposite 2 insoles would do wonders for the comfort and performance and I do have some but i shouldn't have to substitute insoles on a 200 dollar basketball shoe to make it comfortble.  nike is bending people over on this shoe.

I agree 10000000000% with this statement.
I had a nike voucher I was saving for these, just can't pull the trigger on a $200 shoe that can't compete with a $85 clearance Kobe.
Guess I have to wait a year for the Flight One and hope Nike doesn't try to get over on us again.
The style/looks of this shoe are great, I just know they'll sit in my closet if the performance/comfort isn't on par.

And for you guys down on the Half Cent, thats a bad*ss shoe! Comfort, performance, and style are great, the only negative is weight.
To each his own, and Happy Thanksgiving, God Bless America!

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

If the all blacks look anything like this....Im in...

0345d24274057221596d788e81ecca18.jpg

I hope the Purps have a more metallic hue than this....

6f4ec1284655b4e672fd27e50b736900.jpg
Yes, the hue on the Eggplants will be brighter and shinier just like the Binarys. It will be a very classic shoe.

Back
Top Bottom