Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

NikeDealer wrote:
Are the Binarys really sitting at alot of places.. I may have been wrong then about them not goin to outletrs..but at discounted pricing they are sure to fly.....right?

Any shoe thats 150+ AND GR hits outlets, just like the sun rises in the morning. 
Outside of sneaker heads, there's really no market for this shoe...especially with a 200$ MSRP and NO visible air unit (most reg. consumers justify expensive pricing with visible air units)

I've noticed Nike play coy recently with "tentative" release dates and shoes being "pushed back", "asia release" "us release"  its basically consumer grooming, they understand ppl arent going to willingly pay 150+ for sneakers like they did, so they hype up the release, drop mis-info, keep cats in the dark, give em to athletes n entertainers,  then boom...drop the shoe...leaving the consumer to scramble up all their money to pay MSRP and in alot of cases OVERPAY before the shoe "sells out". Smoke n Mirrors folks, classic marketing at its finest. Nike was the 135th ranked fortune 500 this year for a reason. 

see that !+** like a zenith yo

the gap between new and old sneaker heads is widening 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sorianotron

NikeDealer wrote:
Are the Binarys really sitting at alot of places.. I may have been wrong then about them not goin to outletrs..but at discounted pricing they are sure to fly.....right?

Any shoe thats 150+ AND GR hits outlets, just like the sun rises in the morning. 
Outside of sneaker heads, there's really no market for this shoe...especially with a 200$ MSRP and NO visible air unit (most reg. consumers justify expensive pricing with visible air units)

I've noticed Nike play coy recently with "tentative" release dates and shoes being "pushed back", "asia release" "us release"  its basically consumer grooming, they understand ppl arent going to willingly pay 150+ for sneakers like they did, so they hype up the release, drop mis-info, keep cats in the dark, give em to athletes n entertainers,  then boom...drop the shoe...leaving the consumer to scramble up all their money to pay MSRP and in alot of cases OVERPAY before the shoe "sells out". Smoke n Mirrors folks, classic marketing at its finest. Nike was the 135th ranked fortune 500 this year for a reason. 

nerd.gif

Are we now going to have a bifurcated sneaker society? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not shocked.

Look at the 1/2 cents.

I'm glad though, it will make it easy to get the all black ones for a good price.

NikeDealer wrote:

nerd.gif

Solid post right there....
smokin.gif

Still, I'm loving the fact that most color ways of the Rookies are GR. Means I can scoop up a second pair of Binaries & possibly All Blacks for the low.
First pair of All Blacks will be had for retail thou cause I'm not waiting.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

NikeDealer wrote:

nerd.gif
Are we now going to have a bifurcated sneaker society? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Hypebeasts/resellers made sure of that. 

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

^^^^

$270? They are $200 fam. I'd rather spend that on these than $175 on some bunk quality jordans with tons of flaws, though (not saying that you buy Jordans, just an example).

i was more so talking about the GITD's going for $270 and folks saying that was a good deal.

at the end of the day, to each is own na mean?

NikeDealer wrote:

Any shoe (thats not a PENNY FOAMPOSITE or CLASSIC JORDAN RETRO OF SPECIFIC COLORWAYS) thats 150+ AND GR hits outlets, just like the sun rises in the morning. 

nerd.gif

fixed.

Grown #%&@ men going all good googly moogly over a shoe that glows.
roll.gif

Maybe i'd care if i was 12 or 13. But since I'm not......Gimme the white/blacks with that icy sole.
smokin.gif

And can we please dead this GITD is better cause it's LIMITED crap. Any mofo with a few stacks can go on eBay right now & cop a pair with just a click of the mouse. Y'all acting like they Yeezys or something.
30t6p3b.gif

At the end of the day, It's called PREFERENCE. Some cats like white/blacks & some cats wanna walk around with shoes that glow. Ain't neither one better....it's called CHOICE.

Althought its a slim possibility that the all blue joints could release.... Im far looking forward to the "Metallic Eggplant" colorway and a few others yet to release.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Grown #%&@ men going all good googly moogly over a shoe that glows.
roll.gif

Maybe i'd care if i was 12 or 13. But since I'm not......Gimme the white/blacks with that icy sole.
smokin.gif

And can we please dead this GITD is better cause it's LIMITED crap. Any mofo with a few stacks can go on eBay right now & cop a pair with just a click of the mouse. Y'all acting like they Yeezys or something.
30t6p3b.gif

At the end of the day, It's called PREFERENCE. Some cats like white/blacks & some cats wanna walk around with shoes that glow. Ain't neither one better....it's called CHOICE.

Post is full of contradictions, and not only was the conversation a couple of pages ago, but it was a couple of days ago

Glow in the dark and white/black ain't +$@# compared to the Glow in the Day. That's gonna be the next best thing since LA Gear came out with the flashing lights shoes.
tongue.gif
My point is no one shoe is better than the other. There will be another shoe that comes out will be better than the one before that. It's part of the cycle.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Post is full of contradictions, and not only was the conversation a couple of pages ago, but it was a couple of days ago

Looka' here....

GITDs vs. white/blacks has been a constant topic ever since pics of the white/blacks first surfaced...because they look similar.

I stated from day one that I'm not a fan of the GITDs.
I stated from day one I'm fond of ICY SOLES!  
happy.gif

GITDs are corny to me. If you like GITDs....do you homie. It's your CHOICE or PREFERENCE. Buy & wear what YOU like.
They still corny to me, thou. So where's the contradiction? 

All I'm saying is dead the GITD is limited thus holier than thou nonsense cause that don't make a shoe BETTER! And that's the main reason a lot of these dudes like the GITDs & Atlantics. Remember nobody did backflips for those Atlantic Penny 2 which were GRs. They sat longer than a rookie on a Phil Jackson lead basketball team. 

i like both the GITD and the black/whites.

GITD are cool because of the wow factor.

nike honestly didnt need to drop both colorways especially so close in time.

Not sure if this video was already posted but here's a review of the Dynamic Blues. I'm not much of a fan of these but I guess they're alright. If the Rookies catch on well by the time these are released, cats might gobble these up like they did the Electric Blue Pros since the colorways are remotely similar.

NT, need help

I wanna get one pari of 'em
but I don' know which size i need

foams one i had 10.5, but Flightposite 1 really had a best feet in 10 US

I have a choise between GiTD and Binary blue (GiTD 10, Binary - 10.5)

thanx

You should prolly go in the store and try on a pair my man.

Thats always the best gauge. Getting rid of this extra 11.5 Max Orange is a bish.. you'd think it was mass produced lol
Oh well. They may become a Christmas gift for someone.

Maan
I live in Russia, I can't try it on
Are they true to size (normal wide feet)?
Sometimes I had a problems with 10US, as a Kobe 5 and 6
Lebron IX is better in sz11 for me

It create a question about size

Back
Top Bottom